21 FEB 2021; Ajax - Sparta; Match Day 22

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

21 FEB 2021; Ajax - Sparta; Match Day 22

Bericht door Orange14 » vr feb 19, 2021 1:48 pm

It's another short turn around for Ajax but that is nothing new. It looks like Ajax are getting some extra time to recover as the match has a night time kick off. Sparta come to Amsterdam with Ajax holding a six point lead on PSV with a match in hand. Haller will be back to lead the line and I hope to see Kudus get some time at #10. I have not seen anything about Mazraoui's availability.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Ayman

Re: 21 FEB 2021; Ajax - Sparta; Match Day 22

Bericht door Ayman » zo feb 21, 2021 1:21 pm

As long as the current team doesn't get hit by injuries, I think Ajax are in for a good run in all competitions for the rest of the season. It's incredible when Ajax received all the bad news consecutively, Onana banned, Haller ineligble, Brobbey rejecting contract. Yet Ajax came out smelling like lilac (for now)

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 21, 2021 7:58 pm

Klaassen and Tagliafico rested.Good to see Kudus back and Martinez plays,Blind LB

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 21, 2021 8:59 pm

At least 80% of the game has been in the Sparta third. A couple of off sides calls and this game would have been 5-0 at the half. Nice goal from Schuurs. Kudus looks rusty which is to be expected.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 21, 2021 10:03 pm

A lot more easy than the 4-2 scoreline suggests. Once the 4th went in we just played in 1st gear and the defence went to sleep for the 2nd time at the end when Gravenberch's older brother got his 2nd.

So thats 10 wins in a row and a win next week v Psv will make the league title race almost over.A draw would be ok as we lead them by 6 points with a game in hand.
Laatst gewijzigd door SPL op ma feb 22, 2021 6:20 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 21, 2021 10:06 pm

A ho-hum 4-2 win over Sparta with a very good first half and a rather boring second half. Good to see Kudus get a run out in the first half and it will take some time for him to get back to match fit football. A couple of offsides calls took two possible goals off the books. Five substitutions in the 2nd half as Ajax conceded two goals with some sloppy play. Lille coming up next Thursday followed by a trip to Eindhoven to play PSV on Sunday.

Player Ratings:

Stekelenburg (6) - a couple of routine catches of balls right to him and had no chance on the two goals
Blind (7) - decent enough moving to LB tonight
Martinez (6.5) - got sloppy on defense in the 2nd half
Schuurs (6.5) - nice goal at the end of the first half and OK defensively
Timber (6.5) - put in a good shift at RB
Alvarez (6.5) - solid game again with a nice assist and narrowly missing on a diving header
Gravenberch (6) - pretty ordinary
Kudus (6) - nicely taken goal but lost control of the ball too much for me
Tadic (7) - fine match
Haller (7) - two good goals and had a couple of other chances as well
Antony (6.5) - was constantly double teamed but got rid of the ball on time, just a shade off sides on a goal he set up for Tadic
Neres (6) - much better tonigh than on Thursday, very active
Klaassen (5.5) - on for Kudus and was just a bit above average
Idrissi (5) - nothing special; I guess Ajax got him to add depth but I don't see him staying past June
Labyad (NR) - on late for Alvarez
Brobbey (NR) - on for Haller

Plaats reactie