11 MAR 2021; Ajax - Young Boys; Europa League Round of 16

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Ayman

Re: 11 MAR 2021; Ajax - Young Boys; Europa League Round of 16

Bericht door Ayman » do mar 11, 2021 8:55 pm

I told you it was easy, a piss in the park. 3-0 home leg, it will be 0-2 away.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mar 11, 2021 9:42 pm

With all our possession and shots we should have won this about 5-0 ,not sure they created one chance and Steks had almost nothing to do.Tadic my MOM as he works hard and just lifts the team ,a fine captain.

Brobbey with yet another goal and I hope rumours he has told Raiola to sort out a new contract with us are true.

With this win Holland overtakes Russia in the coefficients and will now finish the season 7th .Almost entirely down to Ajax.So 2022 champs will start in the group stages.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do mar 11, 2021 10:44 pm

That was a huge win and 100% deserved. YB didn’t get a sniff and were lucky it was only 1–0 for so long.

And yeah, more tasty coefficient points. If we keep this up AZ might get into the CL without taking the KNVB to court...

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do mar 11, 2021 10:46 pm

Wow. Such a grownup performance by us today. We were playing against an opponent which would've given us a lot of trouble a few years ago. Tight defense and quick counters.

Ajax has now almost single-handedly brought the Dutch co-efficient back at #7 after leapfrogging Russia. Quite amazing.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do mar 11, 2021 10:57 pm

According to Projects 538, we are now among the favorites to make it to the Finals -
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/so ... pa-league/

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do mar 11, 2021 11:27 pm

SPL schreef:
do mar 11, 2021 9:42 pm
With all our possession and shots we should have won this about 5-0 ,not sure they created one chance and Steks had almost nothing to do.Tadic my MOM as he works hard and just lifts the team ,a fine captain.

Brobbey with yet another goal and I hope rumours he has told Raiola to sort out a new contract with us are true.

With this win Holland overtakes Russia in the coefficients and will now finish the season 7th .Almost entirely down to Ajax.So 2022 champs will start in the group stages.
according to a tier 1 Italian journalist, Romano, Brobbey has signed for Leipzig

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr mar 12, 2021 3:17 am

Just finished watching the replay and Ajax had a relatively easy time. Expected goals must have been 5.5 or so with some good saves by the YB Keeper. The defense totally shut them down and Stekelenburg did not have a save to make. 3-0 should be a comfortable score line going to Berne and getting an early away goal should ease Ajax into the next round. Alvarez and Martinez were incredible defending any ball that came into their areas and this was the best passing game Alvarez has had in an Ajax shirt. Tadic did some good hold up play as the false 9 and Brobbey continues to score goals. I like this back defensive flexi-defense that EtH has devised. You never know who is playing deep and who will suddenly move into an attacking position.

Player Ratings:

Stekelenburg (6) - had nothing to do except kick the ball when he had to and did a good job of that
Tagliafico (7) - good at providing the outlet for passing down the left
Martinez (8) - absolutely a rock on defense and smart outlet passing
Timber (7) - had one or two errant passes but solid defensively at both CB and RB
Rensch (7) - solid enough game and I like the inside runs that EtH has the RBs make
Alvarez (7.5) - almost got on the scoreboard with a nice header and I think he had only one pass intercepted all night
Gravenberch (7) - he is so smooth with the ball and deceptively fast as he skated past all the defenders
Klaassen (7.5) - got the game winner with his off foot drilling it into the back of the net and worked hard defensively in the press
Neres (7.5) - dangerous all night long
Tadic (7.5) - really great on the ball and with his passing
Antony (6.5) - he had a good game but was the weakest of all the starting field players
Schuurs (6.5) - solid game coming on for Rensch and slotting in at CB
Idrissi (6) - got a fair amount of playing time but did not have an impact
Brobbey (6) - on late with is usually an NR but he scored a nice goal
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr mar 12, 2021 1:27 pm

Alvarez had 19 ball take aways last night which is the highest in all Euro competitions this season!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Plaats reactie