14 MAR 2021; PEC Zwolle - Ajax; Match Day 25

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

14 MAR 2021; PEC Zwolle - Ajax; Match Day 25

Bericht door Orange14 » vr mar 12, 2021 11:35 pm

Just when I come down from the sugar high of last night's win in the EL, I suddenly realize that there is another match this week!!! Of course Ajax are playing again for the second time in the week; when have they not? Six points up on PSV with a game in hand they play away to the 13th place team in the Eredivise. Will EtH do some squad rotation? I would sit Captain Tadic and play Neres and Antony up front with Haller. He deserves some rest! I have not seen anything about Blind's fitness. If Ajax progress in the EL, scheduling the make up match with Utrecht will be difficult considering the lack of free match days.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Ayman

Re: 14 MAR 2021; PEC Zwolle - Ajax; Match Day 25

Bericht door Ayman » za mar 13, 2021 5:45 am

Luckily the next few games for Ajax are a bit of a breeze, including this one and away to Young Boys, I think Ajax can rest on their laurels for about a month before the quarter finals of the Europa League

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za mar 13, 2021 2:15 pm

Blind still out with a knee injury.I dont see him playing the remaining 2 games before the International break or in the Ints.Just get him rested and fit for April's onslaught.

We must treat tomorrow like we were playing PSV ,we cannot afford to drop points v PEC or ADO next week.PSV play Feyenoord this week and AZ next .They then have an easy run to the end of the season , well on paper.We still have AZ ,Feyenoord and Vitesse.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mar 14, 2021 4:22 pm

PSV and Feyenoord draw 1-1 so Ajax can go 8 point clear with a win today. Both teams had chances to win the match with Feyenoord having three good opportunities in the first half.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mar 14, 2021 4:39 pm

Just looked up the result and saw PSV drop points I am delighted.We must now win this game.I see no J Timber on the bench ,hope he is jut getting a rest

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mar 14, 2021 5:36 pm

2-0 up and playing comfortably within ourselves ,would hope we go on and get at least 5 goals.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mar 14, 2021 6:50 pm

Well we played that 2nd half like a training session ,very comfortable for us ,zero pressure by PEC but at 2-0 we were still capable of giving away a silly goal.Martinez and Alvarez both solid performances again and Kleiber is still ok at this level of opponent. Steks again had nothing to do.

Thanks to PSV dropping points today we now need 16 points from 9 games to be champs.We still have Feyenoord, AZ and Vitesse to play but next 3 games ADO,Heerenveen RKC with Utrecht possibly after that.PSV at AZ next week which will be tough for them.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mar 14, 2021 6:56 pm

As easy a 0-2 win as one will likely see. Ajax were troubled only on two occasions and should have put another two in the goal. Dominant again in possession and good getting the ball into some dangerous attacking areas. Glad that PEC came out to attack rather than sitting back and defending.

Player Ratings:

Stekelenburg (6) - had one difficult save to make but that was the only shot on goal for PEC
Tagliafico (7) - excellent game marauding down the left hand side and took the second goal well
Martinez (7) - solid match switching out to LB for the final 20 minutes when Tagliafico was subbed off
Schuurs (6) - decent enough except for the one mistake he made not covering well and then slipping
Rensch (6.5) - played only the first half was was better than average
Alvarez (7) - another strong game defending and had some nice passes as well
Gravenberch (7) - he just is so smooth on the ball gliding past defenders
Klaassen (7) - strong match helping out the press
Tadic (7) - solid match
Haller (5.5) - just could not get the ball settled at his feet and did get one good header on target
Neres (7) - got the match winner early on with a fine shot on goal
Idrissi (7) - very good 2nd half of football with some deft ball handling and good crosses
Kleiber (6.5) - defended well when he had to and moved up into the attack nicely
Ekkelenkamp (6) - some solid play coming in for Klaassen
Kudus (6) - showed some of the sparkle as he looks more in form
Antony (NR) - on late for Tadic

Young Boys on the return Europa Tie on Thursday and the ADO on the weekend. This will followed by some badly needed rest with the international break.

Plaats reactie