Re: 18 MAR 2021; Young Boys-Ajax; Europa League Round of 16

Bericht door kezme44 » do mar 18, 2021 10:09 pm

Ayman schreef:
do mar 18, 2021 10:03 pm
kezme44 schreef:
do mar 18, 2021 9:56 pm
Orange14 schreef:
do mar 18, 2021 9:51 pm

I caught the last 15 minutes of the Spurs game and a bit of the ET before the Ajax match. Really happy that Mourinho has to go back to London with no more Euro matches!!!
yup. I’m very happy that they lost. Way things are going mourinho might lose his job. Very happy for Zagreb. They are a dangerous team with a very good defense. Last time they did this well in Europe was when they gave us a hard time in their late 90s me thinks
Yep I remember that game, 0-0 away and 0-1 at home, as Witschge failed to mark the player who scored. Then again he was played out of position.
that’s the one!
orange14, you are right as well. believe they conceded 6 in that game

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » do mar 18, 2021 10:20 pm

ybb are not going to score 6 goals in 30 minutes. let’s make a few changes

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mar 18, 2021 11:04 pm

A comfortable win once we got the penalty.Thought the Alvarez one was a clear pen but we got away with it.

YB a very poor to moderate side. 2 odd subs.Rensch gets a yellow ,soon after moves to LB then 5 mins later he goes off and Martinez LB.
I will accept that Brobbey should still be used as a sub if we need a goal but why did he come on tonight and not Traore.I take it we have written off Traore !

Would rather avoid Manu but I dont fear any of the others especially Arsenal.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do mar 18, 2021 11:07 pm

If Ajax do go far, there is a chance they will face Man Utd, How will the defensive midfield handle Pogba, Daley Blind knows him well, so that is somewhat of an advantage, but Alvarez has yet to be tested against a world class opponent.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do mar 18, 2021 11:09 pm

It was a conventional win against Young Boys aided by an off sides call to pull back a goal and a hand in to box to concede one to Ajax. Stekelenburg had probably more action tonight than any Ajax keeper has had all season long. The defending was not as good as it has been and Ajax would be punished against a higher quality opponent. MOTM for me is Gravenberch who defended well and was so smooth with the ball it was a clinic for how a MF should play. His passing was top notch and I cannot remember him ever getting into trouble. EtH did the right thing in getting the players with YCs off the pitch so they would not pick up an inadvertent card and miss the first match of the quarter finals. Pitch looked to be slippery which didn't help Ajax.

Player Ratings:

Stekelenburg (7) - solid match with some very good saves and good agility (hard to believe he is 38 years old; the Dino Zoff of Ajax!)
Tagliafico (7) - solid match both defending and going forward with a couple of chances on goal
Martinez (7) - solid enough on defense
Alvarez (6.5) - played on the back line and had a couple of early glitches but settled into the game
Rensch (6) - had some problems defending but was above average for the game
Blind (6) - slow in the MF and did not add much deep defending
Gravenberch (7.5) - just a clinic for me tonight
Klaassen (6) - worked hard but didn't put much of an imprint on the game
Neres (7) - got the match winner and was a constant threat down the left
Tadic (7) - some good hold up play and had to take some punishment for it and dispatched the penalty with ease
Antony (6.5) - didn't have a good shot on goal but was adept in creating some danger
Idrissi (5.5) - on in the 2nd half and had a decent shot that was saved
Kudus (6) - had a couple of problems on the ball when he first came in but settled down and had some very nice touches
Klaiber (6) - on for Tagliafico and was decent
Schuurs (5.5) - didn't have much defending to do and committed no errors
Brobbey (NR) - on late

ADO den Hag on Sunday.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do mar 18, 2021 11:09 pm

Ayman schreef:
do mar 18, 2021 11:07 pm
If Ajax do go far, there is a chance they will face Man Utd, How will the defensive midfield handle Pogba, Daley Blind knows him well, so that is somewhat of an advantage, but Alvarez has yet to be tested against a world class opponent.
For me Pogba is over rated and Gravenberch is his equal.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do mar 18, 2021 11:31 pm

Orange14 schreef:
do mar 18, 2021 11:09 pm
Ayman schreef:
do mar 18, 2021 11:07 pm
For me Pogba is over rated and Gravenberch is his equal.
Did you see what a difference Pogba made today when he came on for United against AC Milan?

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do mar 18, 2021 11:45 pm

Ayman schreef:
do mar 18, 2021 11:31 pm
Did you see what a difference Pogba made today when he came on for United against AC Milan?
How could I, Ajax was playing at the same time!!!!!

Plaats reactie