29 AUG 2021; Ajax - Vitesse; Match Day 3

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

29 AUG 2021; Ajax - Vitesse; Match Day 3

Bericht door Orange14 » do aug 26, 2021 10:54 pm

Ajax take on Vitesse this Sunday in Amsterdam. The visitors had a Europa Conference fixture today and eased into the group stage by defeating Anderlecht. Ajax hopes to make amends for the poor performance against Twente last week. An international break for World Cup qualifiers follows and Ajax return to play on September 11 against PEC Zwolle and then Champions League begins!!!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Re: 29 AUG 2021; Ajax - Vitesse; Match Day 3

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 29, 2021 12:36 pm

Only change Antony for Berghuis,Blind still LB with Nico sub.Magallan still a sub today but interestingly 3rd goalie is not Gorter but Charlie Setford 17 year old

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo aug 29, 2021 2:18 pm

Good half to watch with 9 players getting forward most of the time and the ball moving really quickly. Could be 5–0 and I reckon Bazoer should’ve got red too.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo aug 29, 2021 2:19 pm

Real good half of football. First goal was wonderful with the back heel from Mazraoui and the finish by Antony. Alvarez almost shattered the crossbar with his strike and had a nice goal courtesy of VAR. Bazoer has turned into a really nasty player.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo aug 29, 2021 2:24 pm

Tom_ schreef:
zo aug 29, 2021 2:18 pm
I reckon Bazoer should’ve got red too.
Usually Dutch VAR are pretty aggressive about sending a signal down regarding a possible change from YC to RC. I guess they didn't feel that it was warranted here.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo aug 29, 2021 2:35 pm

They replayed it a few times at ht and I guess it’s 50/50. Two foot tackle from behind but he sort of got the ball.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 29, 2021 3:36 pm

Great performance and back to normality.Antony with a beautiful early goal set us up and once Alvarez got the 2nd the result was never in doubt. Still not convinced about Berghuis and what do we do if Neres does not get sold! Haller is not an Ajax striker and maybe with our new Danish left winger Tadic could play at striker at times.

Anyway with no Ajax games for 2 weeks I can relax and hope in the next 2 days we can get rid of Onana and Neres.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo aug 29, 2021 4:02 pm

A very good offensive display and the scoreline could have easily been worse. That being said, the clean sheet was flattering as Ajax were caught out on several occasions but Vitesse attackers made very poor decisions. Haller had multiple opportunities and should have netted at least one goal. Other than that, there is not much to pick at regarding the passing and play making as Ajax had over 70% of possession. Alvarez was my MOTM for good play both offensively and defensively.

Player Ratings:

Steckelenburg (6) - other than one very nice save, he was fortunate in just watching about a half dozen wasted chances from Vitesse
Blind (7) - very good passing and showed a bit more speed today playing FB
Martinez (6.5) - very good in the offensive half but caught up field on two occasions which cannot happen against better teams
Timber (6) - lost his marker on a free kick and lucky not to have been punished, good on the ball
Mazraoui (7) - the back heel to Antony was sublime; Overmars, get the contract extension done!!
Alvarez (7.5) - had one or two poor passes but his game was excellent other than that, I thought his shot would bring down the crossbar, it was that hard and he stayed alert to get a goal from VAR
Gravenberch (7) - excellent on the ball and was alert enough to get the goal after Alvarez rattled the crossbar
Klaassen (6.5) - saw hardly any of the ball for the first hour but then pops up to get a nice goal to finish the scoring
Tadic (7) - excellent on the ball and had a couple of chances for a goal but shot high
Haller (6) - worked very hard to get open but could not find the net; I think the goals will come
Antony (7) - good to see him back in the lineup today
Rensch (5) - 2nd half sub and did not see much of the ball
Tagliafico (5.5) - had some good runs in the 2nd half; I wonder if he leaves this transfer window
Neres (NR) - on late
Berghuis (NR) - on late but did see some of the ball as a MF
Schuurs (NR) - on late and Ajax went to three in the back

International Break coming up. Ajax then travel to Zwolle to play PEC and open up the CL campaign away to Sporting

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo aug 29, 2021 4:59 pm

Nice to see a smooth functioning turnaround from last week's debacle, but truth be told, Vitesse didn't put up any serious resistance. Let's hope the boys can do as well when faced with a team that offers a stronger challenge.

Plaats reactie