28 SEP 2021; Ajax - Besiktas; CL Group Stage 2

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

28 SEP 2021; Ajax - Besiktas; CL Group Stage 2

Bericht door Orange14 » za sep 25, 2021 9:24 pm

Just my luck again. Ajax have the early match on Tuesday and I have a meeting that starts at 1 PM our time. If I watch in real time, I'll miss the entire first half. I'm not sure I want to wait until later in the evening to watch the replay. The last time against Sporting, I did, and Ajax scored 5 wonderful goals. Anyway, enough of my troubles. Ajax are match fit with only Stekelenburg a question mark right now. I suspect Berghuis will still start for Ajax with the same lineup that played today.

Haaling was out injured for Dortmund today and I don't know what his fitness will be for the game against Sporting. Let's just take care of business and beat the Turkish guests!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Re: 28 SEP 2021; Ajax - Besiktas; CL Group Stage 2

Bericht door raymon » zo sep 26, 2021 5:22 pm

Simple solution, cancel meeting. Not sure what the problem is here?
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo sep 26, 2021 7:27 pm

raymon schreef:
zo sep 26, 2021 5:22 pm
LOL!!! I wish I could but a number of people would get really angry at me. they don't understand the importance of Ajax. Maybe I should where my Ajax shirt for the Zoom meeting and point out that we need to take care of business within 10 minutes!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » zo sep 26, 2021 7:35 pm

Orange14 schreef:
raymon schreef:
LOL!!! I wish I could but a number of people would get really angry at me. they don't understand the importance of Ajax. Maybe I should where my Ajax shirt for the Zoom meeting and point out that we need to take care of business within 10 minutes!
You’re not going to tell them you cancel the meeting because of Ajax of course. Just a carefully planned “emergency”.
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma sep 27, 2021 4:37 am

raymon schreef:
May I just say i love seeing Raymond and other admins on here, they remind me of my childhood memories as an Ajax fan when it was ajax-usa.com! Of course there was ajaxmania.com before that! Where did all those people go?!

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » ma sep 27, 2021 1:44 pm

Orange14 schreef:
zo sep 26, 2021 7:27 pm
raymon schreef:
I regularly fake “personal emergency” or “urgent conflict” to get out of meetings while Ajax play. sometimes to block time for games I create fake meetings on my calendar so people think I’m busy. yes, I’m like that. I hate watching important games as a replay, takes out all the fun.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma sep 27, 2021 2:01 pm

You guys have great suggestions. The problem is I am the the 1st vice president of the organization as well as the chair of the committee that is holding the Zoom meeting. I would risk impeachment were I to cancel the meeting!!! :drecul.gif:

elliquido

Bericht door elliquido » ma sep 27, 2021 3:26 pm

So, youre the boss, with a major management issue. Block your agenda and tell your p.a. to fix it.
:excited.gif:

Get your priority straight
NOOIT meer Seedorf a.u.b.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma sep 27, 2021 5:46 pm

Actually it's my own fault. I really need to add all the Ajax CL matches to my calendar so I know the times are blocked out. Our committee had a meeting last week and we were setting up a call with a potential outside advisor and most everyone said that Tuesday was a good day. It was only afterwards that I discovered the conflict. I've learned my lesson!!!!!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di sep 28, 2021 2:08 am

There is an Ajax google calendar you can subscribe to.

Just take care because it puts the scores in, which can spoil the game if you’re not watching live.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » di sep 28, 2021 6:03 pm

berghuis 1-0!!!!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di sep 28, 2021 6:37 pm

Haller finally gets no 2 but at HT we are in complete control but like Saturday v Groningen we should have got a lot more. We should be 4 or 5-0 now so lets just turn it on in the 2nd half.Tadic miss really was a bad miss.Berghuis's goal was of course a joy to watch.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » di sep 28, 2021 6:39 pm

just before the break haller gets the second. lots of possession and some big misses especially the one by tadic. besiktas staying back and playing on the counter, it’s obvious they are missing most of their regular team. let’s get the third and finish this off

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di sep 28, 2021 7:42 pm

I caught the last 40 minutes. Ajax looked sloppy at times. I'll catch the game on the replay tonight when it goes up. Good to see another clean sheet. I feel bad for Besiktas who were playing with so many players out. Almost their whole bench had not played a single senior match.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di sep 28, 2021 7:43 pm

Result never in doubt and Haller should have got a hattrick of headers but our football never got out of 2nd gear in the 2nd half.I did not enjoy the 2nd half and perhaps we should have stuck a couple of more subs on .
I guess i am expecting too much hoping for 5-0 every game but thats 2 in a row which could and should have finished 5 or 6-0.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di sep 28, 2021 8:59 pm

kezme44 schreef:
ma sep 27, 2021 1:44 pm
Orange14 schreef:
raymon schreef:
I regularly fake “personal emergency” or “urgent conflict” to get out of meetings while Ajax play. sometimes to block time for games I create fake meetings on my calendar so people think I’m busy. yes, I’m like that. I hate watching important games as a replay, takes out all the fun.
I'm double/triple booked most of the day. So it's very easy to hide behind meetings for these very important 'Ajax' meetings. As long as I'm in front of the computer and answering quick questions/offering guidance - life is good.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di sep 28, 2021 9:01 pm

I think knowing that Besiktas had sooo many first teamers out, must've played a part on our player's pysche.

This past weekend, my 8 year old's team were facing 6 and 7 year olds in a league match - with one player literally 4 years old. My son's team were truly afraid to play against them and hurt them and ended up drawing 1-1.

Having said all that - I'm disappointed that we only won by 2-0. However I continue to be impressed at the amount of change Ajax has gone through over the last 5 years, where topping a group and winning games isn't just enough anymore.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di sep 28, 2021 10:21 pm

Amol schreef:
di sep 28, 2021 8:59 pm
kezme44 schreef:
Orange14 schreef:

I'm double/triple booked most of the day. So it's very easy to hide behind meetings for these very important 'Ajax' meetings. As long as I'm in front of the computer and answering quick questions/offering guidance - life is good.
When you are chairing a Zoom meeting it is very difficult to watch the match.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo sep 29, 2021 2:51 am

I just finished watching the replay. Ajax put on a clinic on how to run a high press game. Other than the two decent chances Besiktas had in each half they really never threatened, often surrendering possession in their own defensive half. Ajax were wasteful in front of goal and one of these days that will come back to bite them. Great teams are ruthless and this team is not yet at that level. Dortmund should provide a stern test for this club. EtH is molding a fine team here.

Player Ratings:
Pasveer (6) - really had little to do and he couldn't do much on the two chances Besiktas had
Blind (7) - interesting how he moves all around his half of the pitch, sometimes he is out wide like a traditional FB and then he will be more towards the center of pitch
Martinez (7.5) - really sound match
Timber (7.5) - equal to Martinez
Mazraoui (7) - did not have much defending to do and wasn't the threat to score as he was at the weekend
Alvarez (7.5) - again he was winning almost every duel and had consecutive headed clearances from the penalty area on free kicks
Gravenberch (8) - I thought this was a fine match from him, he was solid on the ball and created a couple of shots out of almost nothing
Berghuis (7.5) - has displaced Klaassen from the lineup and is a much needed creative force who can also score
Tadic (7) - decent game from the Captain
Haller (6.5) - would have liked to see him score rather than heading the ball over the cross bar
Antony (6.5) - good possessions but the crosses were just a bit off
Neres (NR) - on for Antony but had little impact
Klaassen (NR) - on for Berghuis but as with Neres did not do much

Utrecht coming up on the weekend and then another stupid FIFA break which will cause havoc for EtH. It is unlikely he will have Martinez, Tagliafico, Antony and Alvarez for the Heerenveen match because of travel back from their NT games.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo sep 29, 2021 3:37 am

Orange14 schreef:
di sep 28, 2021 10:21 pm
Amol schreef:
di sep 28, 2021 8:59 pm
kezme44 schreef:

When you are chairing a Zoom meeting it is very difficult to watch the match.
Good point. Most of mine today were without video and I wasn't running them.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo sep 29, 2021 11:57 am

Agree with Orange about us not being ruthless enough. Last night we should have been 5-0 at HT. Haller's finishing last night was poor . Should have thrashed Groningen last Saturday but finishing was poor.We will get punished one day if we dont bury our chances.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo sep 29, 2021 12:33 pm

How did that end with only two goals?

Still worried about the amount of defensive mistakes Ajax are making in the CL. But if they can create that many chances maybe it doesn’t matter…?

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do sep 30, 2021 12:35 am

SPL schreef:
wo sep 29, 2021 11:57 am
Agree with Orange about us not being ruthless enough. Last night we should have been 5-0 at HT. Haller's finishing last night was poor . Should have thrashed Groningen last Saturday but finishing was poor.We will get punished one day if we dont bury our chances.
I saw the extended highlights again right now and pretty sure we could've won this easily 6-0 or 7-0 if we would've put away the sitters.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za okt 02, 2021 2:43 pm

Tom_ schreef:
wo sep 29, 2021 12:33 pm
How did that end with only two goals?

Still worried about the amount of defensive mistakes Ajax are making in the CL. But if they can create that many chances maybe it doesn’t matter…?
One could argue that Ajax were complacent due to the depleted side they were facing that were ravaged by injuries to almost all the starting 11. In that case, let's hope Haaland, Reus and Bellingham stay fit for the two legged game.

Plaats reactie