27 FEB 2022; Go Ahead Eagles - Ajax; Match Day 24

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

27 FEB 2022; Go Ahead Eagles - Ajax; Match Day 24

Bericht door Orange14 » do feb 24, 2022 2:20 pm

After the dispiriting draw in Lisbon, Ajax return to league action visiting Go Ahead Eagles this Sunday. Ajax were listless in the 0-0 home draw in the first meeting and let's hope for a better result. GAE will likely bunker down yet again. There is another mid-week match coming up as Ajax will go to Alkmaar to play AZ in the semifinals of the Beker. This will be a stern test as AZ are rounding into form.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Re: 27 FEB 2022; Go Ahead Eagles - Ajax; Match Day 24

Bericht door SPL » do feb 24, 2022 8:24 pm

Would be nice to give Taylor Kudus playing time especially as last night we had no MF.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za feb 26, 2022 6:48 pm

Both Pasveer and Gorter are injured, Onana should return

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 27, 2022 4:33 pm

Klaassen ,Rensch and Schuurs start ,Mazraoui Gravenberch subs but Timber not there.

If GAE play a 10 man defence again I hope ETH has worked out a plan B.GAE are the type of team we should beat 5-0 every game .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 27, 2022 5:36 pm

Blind and Rensch have been utterly awful. Tagliafico needs to play much more as Blind has been a spectator on every GAE attack. Ajax deserve to lose this game.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » zo feb 27, 2022 5:40 pm

absolutely horrendous half of football. rensch having a terrible game getting caught out all the time, blind not being better again either. antony is tricking himself out and where the fuck is berghuis. absolute and total disaster, been a while since I saw this team play worse.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 27, 2022 5:49 pm

11 players playing rubbish football . We deserve to lose this game and with it I actually think we will lose the title. Lucky last week v Willem but Blind and Berghuis were to fault for the 1st letting the guy shoot but the 2nd defies words.

Just watched the goals again ,Ajax have let in just 5 goals in 23 games until today how do explain what we have just seen !

ETH could easily bring on Mazraoui,Tagliafico Kudus,Danilo but would it make any difference?

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » zo feb 27, 2022 6:05 pm

need to take off blind

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » zo feb 27, 2022 6:09 pm

yes berghuis

Jinne
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door Jinne » zo feb 27, 2022 6:51 pm

kezme44 schreef:
zo feb 27, 2022 6:05 pm
need to take off blind
ETH thought different. Dont knowhow why. In such games you need Nico.
He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 27, 2022 6:55 pm

A glimmer of hope when Berghuis scored but apart from Danilo missing a header which a decent striker would have buried it we were aweful. GAE deserved 3 points and this week PSV go there for the cup and will win 4-0.I actually believe PSV will be champs , we drop too many points against weak sides and will still drop more points.

Defending today ,in the first half dreadful , MF does not exist and attack had no punch. Gravenberch does nothing, Berghuis apart from the goal little and Alvravez and Klaassen are moderate footballers.

ETH does not use his subs enough ie Rensch has played little recently , Kudus and Danilo also little play and Taylor and Daramy gets nil football.

A dreadful 2nd half v Benfica and now 90 mins of crap v a team we should beat 5-0.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 27, 2022 6:56 pm

there are a lot of players that need to take a long hard look in the mirror tonight and decide whether they really want to play football for Ajax. This was an awful performance from a team that should do much better. Lazy passing and not enough quickness on the pitch. Blind's best days are past and Tagliafico needs to start the rest of the way. The midfield was in shambles just as it was against Benfica in the CL. I cannot see this team beating AZ in the upcoming cup match and even the league is looking shaky right now.

Player Ratings:

Onana (5.5) - made one very good save but his kicking and ball distribution were very bad
Blind (3.5) - was a spectator on the second goal and his passing which is the only thing that keeps him playing was bad
Martinez (6) - one of the better players on the day
Schuurs (5.5) - had one or two good plays but only average
Rensch (3) - he put his shorts and shirt on correctly and that was it, deserved to be subbed off even earlier
Alvarez (5.5) - won some balls in the MF and had a good header off a corner kick that Klaassen should have scored on
Klaassen (5)- should have scored early in the game and largely ineffective
Berghuis (6) - absent in the first half and one of the few players who tried to do something in the second
Tadic (5.5) - worked hard but nothing came of it
Haller (4.5) - not much magic here
Antony (4.5) - not his fault that he ended up getting double and triple teamed but he had no solutions for it
Mazraoui (5) - tried to overlap but things were moving too slow
Gravenberch (4.5) - turning into Mr. Enigma
Danilo (4.5) - had no clue what to do
Kudus (NR) - on late with no effect

Let's hope this was just an aberration, but I'm not so sure it was

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » zo feb 27, 2022 7:04 pm

Jinne schreef:
zo feb 27, 2022 6:51 pm
kezme44 schreef:
zo feb 27, 2022 6:05 pm
need to take off blind
ETH thought different. Dont knowhow why. In such games you need Nico.
exactly, need someone who is quick and scrappy and plays a bit tougher and dirtier. I don’t blame ETH for starting blind, but should have taken him off at half time, I have no idea why he thought that he would have a better second half. Games like these fuck up my whole weekend…

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 27, 2022 7:19 pm

Biggest mystery for me is Man U want ETH as coach! Why??? Use of subs generally is poor and he has no plan B .Seriously if we do finish 2nd we will need to do some rebuilding as Haller,Antony,Mazraoui Onana Gravenberch Tagliafico will go and will Martinez want to stay around! Blind and Tadic may have one more season in them. A game like today could do with a Brobbey as Haller was useless and Danilo is not remotely good enough to be a sub.

One final thing today proves that Jurrien Timber was missed ,he is a quality defender although Schuurs was ok.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 27, 2022 7:42 pm

SPL schreef:
zo feb 27, 2022 7:19 pm
Biggest mystery for me is Man U want ETH as coach! Why??? Use of subs generally is poor and he has no plan B .k.
Bosz was a better tactician than EtH. I agree with SPL, it's difficult for me to see EtH succeeding at a top Euro club. I did see where Leeds sacked my favorite trainer, Marcello Bielsa.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma feb 28, 2022 12:03 pm

There’s no question Ajax has the best squad and in the good games they have been far better than anyone else in the eredivisie.

There have been a lot of these “off” games now, it would be disappointing if it costs us the title.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma feb 28, 2022 1:56 pm

On our squad ,our main starting 11 are superior but we suffer from the back up. Only 5 players have mainly been used as back up and then only subs. Neres,Klaassen Tagliafico,Schuurs Rensch .

In attack ,Neres was mainly sub and now he has gone, Brobbey has been injured and Danilo and Daramy play little as they are not good enough.Daramy does't impress at Jong.Danilo should have been sold last summer and a new back up bought in.

MF trio Berghuis,Gravenberch and Alvarez dont compare with Ziyech ,Donny and Frenkie but we have only used Klaassen as back up.Kudus has barely played due to injuries.

Defence, Tagliafico is still a better LB than Blind but hasn't made many starts,Rensch again hardly any starts has struggled and doesn't impress plus Schuurs has made a few more starts and is ok.

For the rest of the season we have only 6 good subs Brobbey,when fit,Kudus if he stays fit,Klaassen Tagliafico, Schuurs plus Onana luckily now Pasveer has a broken finger.

Problem is ETH doesn't use subs properly .Tagliafico should have come on at HT v Benfica and also HT yesterday,Kudus should have come at the hour mark and not Danilo.Danilo played MF which was a joke.

Our squad must remain fit and clear of suspensions but the title is ours to lose and sadly at present we look like throwing it away.

PS At present there is no one in Jong Ajax ready for the 1st team.Reeger ,Unuvar and Fitz-Jim ,all 18 are the best but not ready.
Gorter is injured so Charlie Setford is now our back up goalie and he is 17!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma feb 28, 2022 5:31 pm

I wonder when Ihatteran will be match fit.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma feb 28, 2022 8:31 pm

I read Ihatteran will just get fit playing for Jong Ajax this season so may debut for them in a couple of weeks.

There was a friendly today at de Toekomst v Heracles and we won 5-1 .With 2 goals and an assist our best player was Kudus.Tagliafico and Gravenberch played 45 mins and Daramy, Danilo plus Taylor all played. Kudus should have got at least 30 mins yesterday.

On goalies Onana took a knock but is still fit ,just as well as Pasveer out for 8 weeks and Gorter 2 weeks. Setford , who played this afternoon, is now our no 2 , and still only 17.

Plaats reactie