06 MAR 2022; Ajax - RKC Waalwijk; Match Day 25

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

06 MAR 2022; Ajax - RKC Waalwijk; Match Day 25

Bericht door Orange14 » vr mar 04, 2022 12:16 am

Home this Sunday to RKC in a match that should be easy. Unfortunately, nothing is easy for this team right now.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Ayman

Re: 06 MAR 2022; Ajax - RKC Waalwijk; Match Day 25

Bericht door Ayman » vr mar 04, 2022 7:44 am

The win against AZ Alkmaar will give their confidence a boost, this should be a win because RKC are struggling. But lets hope they get through against Benfica, without Champions league football the season would feel as if its over.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mar 06, 2022 4:40 pm

Rensch and Schuurs start.Timber and Mazraoui both out

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mar 06, 2022 5:47 pm

Haller's double will make it a comfortable 2nd half. Onana with a top class save proving he is still the best goalie in Dutch footy.

If we can make it 3-0 I would love to see Fitz-Jim come on ,he can handle RKC level and impresses for Jong . If you have never seen him he looks about 12 years old .No way do I want to see Labyad come on.ETH doesn't really do subs properly so who knows.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mar 06, 2022 5:51 pm

Agree about seeing Fitz-Jim. I really cannot figure out why Ajax bought Labyad to begin with.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » zo mar 06, 2022 6:04 pm

pathetic. exactly the same thing as last week

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mar 06, 2022 6:14 pm

Cannot get a stream for 2nd half just seen 2-2 so PSV are going to be champs. Fed up !

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » zo mar 06, 2022 6:52 pm

defense a total shambles again. I don’t understand why we need to play kamikaze style defending and push up all defenders when we are up 2-0. at times schuurs was a midfield player and the two wing backs sitting just behind tadic and antony. rensch needs to play a few more games for jong and blind needs to take his seat on the bench. he was again caught on the first goal. we are very lucky that odgaard didn’t score when onana came out of his goal, it was inches. my biggest concern is that eth has not learned from the last 5 games which have been absolutely disastrous apart from az

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mar 06, 2022 6:59 pm

Got a stream for the last 20 mins so missed the shambolic RKC getting 2 goals. Just as well Tadic scored the pen. When I finally found a stream I saw Blind at RB and realise ETH is clueless with subs.

On the form of these last 3 league games v weak sides my money is on PSV for the title .If we get some longer injuries or suspensions we have not got the back up. Schuurs moderate today ,Kudus, Tagliafico dont get much playing time and Klaassen is moderate.Brobbey will return soon but is only a sub .

Cannot believe I watched us 2 up at HT and then when I start watching again its 2-2 .all against a poor side.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mar 06, 2022 7:09 pm

What an almost disaster. Why Ajax are having trouble with middling clubs in the league is a true mystery. They had total command of this match (39 shoots with 14 on goal!!) and then two lapses in concentration led to break aways that deserved to be punished. Neither Alvarez or Schuurs were aware of Kramer's position on the first goal and the second one was just a free runner who put away the simplest of passes. Onana can count his lucky stars that the lofted shot near the end harmlessly hist the upright and bounced away, that would have been a third lapse. I'm surprised that Blind isn't rested for a match such as this one. He is getting tired and his lack of speed is really hurting the team. When you look at the statistics, the expected goals for Ajax must have been about 6 but they needed a penalty call to win it (I feel bad for the RKC fullback who brought Antony down).

Player Ratings:

Onana (6) - had one really good save in the first half and almost cost the team the match in the second by being so far out of position that a simple lob would have beaten him
Blind (5) - poor passing on the day and he couldn't get over fast enough to help out on the second goal
Martinez (6) - decent defending but some wild shooting and he was too far up field on several occasions
Schuurs (6) - had some good moments and a couple of major lapses in concentration, the latter being his big problem and why Timber starts and he doesn't
Rensch (5) -average and nothing better, he needs to get a grip on if he hopes to get better
Alvarez (5.5) - won a lot of balls but along with Schuurs at fault on the first goal
Gravenberch (5.5) - a couple of good times on the ball particularly on the first goal but disappeared for long stretches
Berghuis (5.5) - didn't put his mark on this match
Tadic (6) - got the match winner but was otherwise no better than average
Haller (7) - MOTM by default with two nice goals and almost a third from an impossible angle
Antony (6.5) - worked hard chasing down a lot of long corner and free kicks
Klaassen (5) - came on and put in an average performance
Tagliafico (5.5) - brought good energy and had some good crosses into the box
Kudus (NR) - he needs more playing time to see if he really is good enough

Cambuur in Friday match ahead of the return CL game with Benfica followed by Feyenoord.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mar 06, 2022 7:13 pm

I won't be sad if ETH leaves at the end of the season for ManU or some other job. The more I think about it he rode some great performances to the CL semifinals three seasons ago but his tactics and substitutions are just befuddling to me. Don't know who might be chosen to lead things and the technical director position obviously needs to be filled first.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » zo mar 06, 2022 7:31 pm

I always say that had varane not hit the bar in Madrid and instead scored, the perception of eth would have been different. let’s face it, we have by far the biggest budget in the eredivisie and it’s expected that we win games against Heracles and go ahead when eth can field players like tadic and haller. psv are just behind us on a much smaller budget. if we don’t win the title and don’t get into the cl, all he’ll will break loose as we won’t be able to afford the wages. I hope the club has a plan for replacing tadic eventually as well. he always plays hard but his production has dropped dramatically as well, not the same player as 2 years ago. blind is similar. probably pay 6-7 million in wages to those two. not sure it makes sense for much longer. meanwhile, out best player recently, mazraoui is leaving in a free.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mar 06, 2022 7:42 pm

ETH should go but if we let PSV win the title its 6 games to qualify for CL group stages.Antony,Haller, Gravenberch ,Mazraoui ,Tagliafico,Onana will go but Martinez I think will stay one more year. We will need to rebuild,as I said last week Jong Ajax squad is too young and no one is ready except Reeger as a back up.Our current back up is not stronger enough either as Schuurs and Rensch and Klaassen showed today.

PS Taylor is no longer a Jong player but apart from today just stays on the bench with little or no football.

Plaats reactie