20 MAR 2022; Ajax - Feyenoord; Match Day 27

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: 20 MAR 2022; Ajax - Feyenoord; Match Day 27

Bericht door SPL » zo mar 20, 2022 4:39 pm

A much better 2nd half, Timber played in defence and Klaassen attacking ie Timber a much better defender than Alvarez and Klaassen a better attacker. A great winner by Antony but gets red for dreadful play acting.Tadic free kick sublime.

Still going to be tough to win the title but thats now just 3 points dropped out of 11 played since AZ defeat in game 16. We can only play better over 90 mins than we have for 5 games now.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mar 20, 2022 4:52 pm

Have a choral festival so ratings later tonight. Good win. Ajax we dominant in the second half
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » zo mar 20, 2022 5:03 pm

gravenberch had a pretty good game again imo. hope he keeps it up for the remainder of the season which looks like this:
groningen (a)
sparta (h)
nec (a)
zwolle (h)
az (a)
heerenveen (h)
vitesse (a)

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » zo mar 20, 2022 9:45 pm

Orange14 schreef:
zo mar 20, 2022 4:52 pm
Have a choral festival so ratings later tonight.

Ok. I'm looking forward to your ratings!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mar 20, 2022 11:41 pm

Just got back from singing a new requiem with the composer in attendance. Glad that it was not a requiem for Ajax! Clearly Feyenoord were out of gas in the 2nd half, one of the perils of Thursday night football. Amazing how many cheap goals Ajax are conceding these days compared to the first half of the season. By all rights Ajax should have kept a clean sheet on the day. Timber gets caught up field on the first goal and Berghuis doesn't realize that he is going to be crowded and makes a weak back pass on the second. Not to worry as our Captain did his best imitation of Lasse Schöne and slotted in a perfect free kick to tie the match at 2-2. Then the forgotten Tagliafico who came on late for Blind delivered a wicked cross that found Antony who calmly put the ball in the back of the net for the match winner. Let's hope Ajax can now build on this and keep wining.

Player Ratings:

Onana (5) - had no chance on either goal and really had very little to do as Feyenoord didn't create much aside for the two gifted goals.
Blind (6) - OK match but was clearly laboring in the 2nd half, he went straight down the tunnel after being subbed off
Martinez (7)- another good game but it looks like he had a bad hamstring injury and will probably miss some matches
Timber (6.5) - took a half point off for getting caught up field and leaving the back exposed, otherwise played well
Mazraoui (7) - very sold and I'm mad that Ajax did not take care of the contract situation when they had a chance
Alvarez (6) - decent enough but subbed up for Klaassen at the half
Gravenberch (7) - another really nice match, he will be missed (I've heard that he is one of the top Juventus targets)
Berghuis (4.5) - almost cost Ajax the match
Tadic (7.5) - had one of his better games, all over the field and a sublime free kick
Haller (6) - had a goal and not much more
Antony (6) - had a couple of good crosses in addition to the match winner but loses a point for two stupid YCs (yes, I know he wanted to celebrate but the 2nd one was just really dumb)
Klaassen (6) - put in a hard working half
Brobbey (4) - hey you are a striker, that ball that you headed had to find the goal
Tagliafico (7) - on for a short period of time but without that pass Ajax get only a draw
Schuurs (NR) - on late for Martinez

Ajax are away to Groningen next week while PSV travel to Enschede to take on FC Twente which might be a tough match for them.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma mar 21, 2022 12:33 am

What a match from Tadic. He played the through ball to Nico on the 3–2. And I think he set up Gravenberch for the shot that led to the 1–1.

Berghuis on the other hand… could this be his best performance for Feyenoord in a Klassieker? Ok that’s a cheap shot, but he seems to totally lose it when the MF is under pressure.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 21, 2022 12:20 pm

Just catching up with Orange's ratings always enjoy his comments . Berghuis our worst player and he has never really impressed me .Antony misses the next game so Berghuis will play on the wing but I would love to see Sonje Hansen get 20 mins as a sub.He is now fit after along period of injury, playing well for Jong and scored a world class goal Friday night with his left foot.Hope Kudus then plays although I am sure Klaassen will start. Brobbey missed a sitter but he has been out for 2 months, played no Jong game and has not gained any playing rhythm.

Looks like Haller will go this summer and although he has scored superbly well his contribution in most matches was like yesterday,tapped in a simple chance but complete liability for the rest of the game. We need a young Klaas-Jan Huntelaar scored goals but worked hard and encouraged team mates.

Hope Martinez is fit for Groningen.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma mar 21, 2022 12:46 pm

I didn't see it in real time, but caught up with the highlights late last night. After Antony hobbled back on the pitch after being injured last, it was Tadic who pushed him over. Antony was not play acting and was really hurt as you can see him hobbling around after the game. He also said that he was suffering an ankle knock going into the match. I don't think YCs can be appealed so he will miss the Groningen game.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 21, 2022 1:01 pm

Yes I too did not see it clearly but Antony evidently did have an injury, and seems like Tadic pushed him over.His yellow for taking off his shirt meant he would miss Groningen.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 21, 2022 2:07 pm

Just saw highlights Antony pushed over by Tadic and no way should he have been given a yellow.He did nothing .

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma mar 21, 2022 2:19 pm

I bet the ref was just annoyed at him so he pulled out the card. I don’t know if he broke any rules. I guess you could say that by coming back onto the pitch when he was already injured, he was deliberately wasting time.

It was pretty blatant but Feyenoord had done their own time wasting when it was 2–1 so they can’t complain. Of course it could easily be stopped with a rule change but I guess it’s part of the game at this point.

Plaats reactie