17 APR 2022; PSV - Ajax; Beker Final

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

17 APR 2022; PSV - Ajax; Beker Final

Bericht door Orange14 » wo apr 13, 2022 12:45 pm

A chance to pick up a trophy this Sunday as Ajax take on PSV in the Cup final. PSV will be without both Mandueke (who burned Ajax in the Cruiff Shield match) and possibly Boscalgi who was injured in their last match. Martinez may be ready to play on Sunday. Ajax need to get on the front foot right away and take it to PSV.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

kezme44

Re: 17 APR 2022; PSV - Ajax; Beker Final

Bericht door kezme44 » do apr 14, 2022 7:31 pm

stekelenburg starting for the dropped onana being reported in the Dutch press

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr apr 15, 2022 12:44 am

PSV laid another egg in Europe losing to Leicester City by conceding two goals in the last 15 minutes after having the better of the play. Roger Schmidt is so incompetent and Benfica will soon learn this.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr apr 15, 2022 11:01 am

Good news Onana is dropped after his dreadful behaviour after Sparta game.Even his team mates were fed up with him .Had Gorter not been injured at the same time as Pasveer I doubt Onana would have played again for us,but we had no choice.

PS Mazraoui and Martinez both fit for the game . Tagliafico is still doubtful and Antony is still out

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za apr 16, 2022 8:29 pm

Ihattaren is in the match day squad tomorrow!!!

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » zo apr 17, 2022 3:57 pm

imagine ihattaren scoring today :biggrin.gif:
brobbey is in the starting lineup

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 17, 2022 5:04 pm

Onana conveniently injured, hope we wont see him playing for us again.With Ihatteren on the bench I had hoped Unuvar would be also ,he is having a good season. Ihatteren will come off the bench and score the winner.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo apr 17, 2022 5:55 pm

Makkelie, supposedly the best referee in the Eredivisie, is calling a horrible game. Only one YC all half long and that was for Martinez who had one of the more mild challenges. Don't know about the Tadic non call. If it is not a PK, why is it not a dive? Brobbey should have had a YC when he undercut Guttierez. Too bad Tadic was slightly offsides and Mazraoui didn't get the goal. Ajax are the better team but need to get another goal early in the 2nd half.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » zo apr 17, 2022 5:56 pm

entertaining half of football. not letting psv put 3 passes together. unlucky that mazraoui’s goal was taken away for offside

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 17, 2022 6:04 pm

Agree shame about Tadic off side for the Mazraoui goal.A 2nd goal should be enough

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » zo apr 17, 2022 6:15 pm

way to fuck it all up in 2 minutes

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 17, 2022 7:11 pm

Poor defending for 2 goals ,Martinez a howler giving the ball away fort heir 2nd. When Klaassen scored I did think Brobbey had been offside.The longer the game went on the less I thought we would come back.

We now need to win 4 of our last 5 games for the title but again we have struggled for weeks so I am not confident.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo apr 17, 2022 7:19 pm

The only thing more awful than the Ajax performance was the mediocre officiating by Makkelie. He let so many reckless challenges go un-carded and didn't seem to mind that teams were getting away with so much rough play on both sides. Ajax had two goals called by by VAR for about six inch off sides but that's the way things go these days. Each team had hard shots clang off the post and Ajax conceded two junk goals yet again. When Alvarez gets subbed off the back line cannot seem to defend and Ajax were fortunate not to have conceded 1-2 more goals when he came off. Blind was rooted to the ground and let Guttierez go right past him to head in the first goal and Stekelenburg didn't move at all on Gakpo's shot when the right side of the goal was the only place he could shoot at. Missing Antony is coming back to haunt Ajax as they have nobody on the right wing who can pose any danger. ten Hag's subbing on Ihattaren was foolish as the player is nowhere near ready. Brobbey was mediocre at best and why he stayed on the field is mystifying. I don't think he can make it at Ajax.

I don't know if this team is good enough to win the league. Both AZ and Vitesse will prove challenging for this team. Ajax have to hope Feyenoord can pip points off PSV though the Rotterdam side may be more focused on Euro competition, something that PSV constantly fail at.

Player Ratings:

Stekelenburg (6) - made a couple of saves but was anchored to the pitch on the Gakpo goal
Blind (6.5) - played decently and showed a bit more speed today than we usually see
Martinez (6) - weak pass led to the free kick and first PSV goal
Timber (6) - OK but nothing more
Mazraoui (6) - had a nice goal called back and was OK until getting hurt and having to come off
Alvazez (6) - won every ball in the air near him and helped close down the middle of the field but his offensive limitations forced a substitution
Gravenberch (6) - wonderful first half and awful 2nd half, zoning out of matches won't be tolerated at Bayern
Klaassen (5.5) - had a goal called back and that was the highlight of his game, he works hard but is such a limited player
Tadic (5.5) - dispossessed too many times today and should have been subbed off but he is EtH's captain so that won't happen
Brobbey (4) - hard to find a single good thing he did all match long and should have been carded late in the first half
Berghuis (6) - one of the better players in possession but is not the kind of attacker Ajax needed today
Schuurs (5.5) - didn't do much wrong on defense and had a snap shot saved
Haller (5) - maybe it was EtH's choice to start Brobbey but Haller might have been useful when Ajax were on the front foot in the first half
Kudus (NR) - we will only learn whether he is a solution if he starts and I don't think that happens this year
Ihattaren (NR) - already noted that he probably should not have been subbed on

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 17, 2022 7:32 pm

Agree your comments. MF was woeful ,Alvarez good at defence but hopeless in creation,Klaassen is not good enough, and Gravenberch apart from a great goal did little.Ihatteren should not yet be playing but ETH's poor use of subs could cost us the title. Glad he is going. Brobbey hopefully will go back to Leipzig ,his first ever full 90 mins and he was rubbish.

New coach has to rebuild just hope we will be champs as 2nd place means qualifiers for CL starting in July. If we get 6 points from NEC and Zwolle games I would still hope on us getting 5 points from those last 3 games.Still think the players are motivated.Just think ETH has lost it.

As I posted the other day , no idea what Manu see in ETH .

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » zo apr 17, 2022 8:08 pm

I don’t know what’s going wrong with this team at the moment. every game for the last two months, we have conceded goals due to big goalie or defensive errors. it’s not like the team doesn’t try, but the focus is gone. I thought tadic didn’t do very well in the second half. on several occasions he tried to dribble his way through 2 psv defenders, and then he hit that terrible free kick which went out of play. I don’t blame brobbey, he’s still young and didn’t get a lot of playing time, he’s not the player on the field who we depend on deciding games, those should be the senior players. psv are not a very good team and it’s a pity to lose to them due to 2 errors. I still think we’ll win the title but unless we bring significant reinforcements, I think it will be another team winning the title next year and it’ll be a 6 and out in the cl. oh well, it’s the beker, I’d be way more upset if this was a league game. psv are shit and they know it, a beker won’t change that

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma apr 18, 2022 2:20 am

The concerning thing for me is how Ajax has gone from a team that dominate every game and usually win, to a team that looks like they deserve to lose every game but sometimes get lucky.

Don't know why exactly but the magic is gone, it's a question of whether they can limp over the finish line in the eredivisie.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » ma apr 18, 2022 7:45 am

Tom_ schreef:
ma apr 18, 2022 2:20 am
The concerning thing for me is how Ajax has gone from a team that dominate every game and usually win, to a team that looks like they deserve to lose every game but sometimes get lucky.

Don't know why exactly but the magic is gone, it's a question of whether they can limp over the finish line in the eredivisie.
Yep. I’m really concerned about the title. We’re mentally exhausted it seems.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma apr 18, 2022 12:30 pm

In this game we had 2 offside goals but both were marginal and not affecting the scorers. If both had been given we would have won . We played better today than recent weeks but still lost.

Need to beat NEC and PEC and then see how it goes on May 8th ,us at AZ and Feyenoord v PSV.Dont expect PSV to drop any more points, a draw v Feyenoord is the most they will drop. I am not confident but maybe Antony and Pasveer wiil return in the next 2 weeks, Berghuis is not a winger and Steks was too slow on that 2nd goal.

Yesterday by the hour mark Kudus for Klaassen ,Daramy for Berghuis, and Taylor for Alvarez should have come on .Haller should have started with Brobbey a sub.

Gravenberch ,Alvarez and Klaassen as a MF trio is my football idea of hell . Decent players but not 3 in the same team. 3 years ago Frenkie,Donny and Hakim were a dream trio,I guess we were spoilt.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma apr 18, 2022 2:25 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:
ma apr 18, 2022 7:45 am
Tom_ schreef:
ma apr 18, 2022 2:20 am

Yep. I’m really concerned about the title. We’re mentally exhausted it seems.
I still have nightmares about the epic collapse on the final match day back in 2016. All they needed was a draw against de Graafschap and couldn't manage even that. This season is looking similar with lots of dropped points against teams that are not in the top part of the league. Antony's loss is looking more problematic than I thought it would be. Perhaps Berghuis should move back to the MF and start Daramy.

Plaats reactie