30 APR 2023; Ajax - PEC Zwolle; Match Day 31

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

30 APR 2023; Ajax - PEC Zwolle; Match Day 31

Bericht door Orange14 » ma apr 25, 2022 12:27 pm

Down to the last four matches of the season with a slender four point lead. PEC Zwolle travel to Amsterdam in need of points to move out of the relegation zone. EtH was missing two base players last Saturday and saw both Schuurs and Berghuis leave the match with knocks. PSV play a day later also against a relegation candidate in Willem II. Ajax cannot afford a slip up!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Re: 30 APR 2023; Ajax - PEC Zwolle; Match Day 31

Bericht door Orange14 » za apr 30, 2022 4:49 pm

Announced Lineup:

Stekelenburg; Tagliafico, Blind, Timber, Regeer; Gravenberch, Taylor, Klaassen; Tadic, Haller, Kudus

I have to say I don't like the lineup. I don't know why EtH doesn't move Tadic to the right and start Daramy and play Kudus over Klaassen. Wonder if EtH has lost faith with Alavarez as he is again on the substitutes bench along with Rensch, Brobbey, Berghuis, Ihattaren, Daramy, Llansana, Salah-Eddine, and Van Gelderen.

I've not seen any mention of Martinez's injury status.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » za apr 30, 2022 6:25 pm

lively game, pec definitely not sitting back only and defending

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za apr 30, 2022 6:34 pm

Nicely taken goal by Tadic but really Ajax were lucky that PEC missed some clear chances. Really puzzling why this team is not scoring these days.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » za apr 30, 2022 6:37 pm

taylor and kudus looking lively, haller kills most plays he is part of, terrible touch and very slow again. would just start brobbey

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za apr 30, 2022 6:41 pm

So far so good, been out today so watched from 12 min but stream not great . Kudus and Taylor playing well.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za apr 30, 2022 7:24 pm

I have to eat my words about not playing Klaassen

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za apr 30, 2022 7:50 pm

A much better game , steam perfect in 2nd half .Klaassen's 1st soon after HT settled us but Haller should have finished it a lot earlier with a howler of a miss.Klaassen's 2 a beauty like Tadic's.

ETH had to change the team around a bit with injuries but delighted Taylor played ,he has not had much playing time since the winter break but is improving. Reeger a decent performance.

Hope this has settled the team a bit with just 5 points need from the final 3 games.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za apr 30, 2022 7:56 pm

Finally a match where we didn't have to wait until the 85th minute to see if Ajax would win. Ajax were dominant in possession but fortunate that a couple of open chances for PEC did not find the net. Some very good pressing and for the most part the defense was quite good. I have to eat my words about not starting Klaassen, he picked up a garbage goal knocking the rebound after Timber clanged one off the post but his second goal was quite sublime. He also led the press as the middle of the front three with Haller moving out to the right side and almost embarrassed Lamprou by nicking the ball just wide of the goal. Haller was poor on the night again missing an open goal after being set up nicely. Pressure is now on for PSV to get a result against Willem II tomorrow. Willem II are in a relegation fight and a point will move them above PEC Zwolle.

Player Ratings:

Stekelenburg (6) - didn't have a hard save to make as all the major scoring opportunities sailed over the cross bar
Tagliafico (6.5) - decent match and he was making some good runs in the offensive half
Blind (6.5) - a good game subbing for Martinez in the central defense
Timber (7) - defensively sound and had a really good run that was picked out by Tadic with the result of a hard shot that ricocheted back to Klaassen for the put in
Regeer (6) - played well in his Eredivisie starting debut coming off with a leg complaint in the 66th minute; it will interesting to see if he can make the transition to RB
Gravenberch (6.5) - more than decent shaking three for four attempts on goal that unfortunately were all at the keeper
Klaassen (7.5) - really good on the evening with lots of pressing and two goals
Taylor (7) - another good match from him and I think he will be starting for Ajax next season
Tadic (7.5) - out of the doldrums and into action tonight, wonderful strike for the match winner and a near assist to Timber; held the ball up well and was seldom dispossesed
Haller (4) - disappointing and nothing more
Kudus (6.5) - really played more as a MF and was good on the ball
Berghuis (5.5) - came on for Kudus and was OK
Rensch (5.5) - replaced Regeer at RB and was decent
Brobbey (NR) - on late for Haller
Alvarez (NR) - on late for Taylor

Big games next week. Ajax travel to AZ and PSV to Feyenoord. The title race just might be decided!

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » zo mei 01, 2022 9:21 am

Timber was involved in most of the PEC missed chances. Either not jumping for a header, which I've seen him done before or making mistakes in possession/positioning.
About Kudus. There's something in his style that makes me enthusiastic and worried at the same time. He's got vision and physical strength. But omg he's first touch is awful and sometimes it turns into a pass to the opponent. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.
May the Force be with you

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo mei 01, 2022 2:19 pm

Doesn’t look like Willem II will be any help against PSV. By my count Ajax need 5 points from the last three games to be certain of the title.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mei 01, 2022 3:40 pm

Tom_ schreef:
zo mei 01, 2022 2:19 pm
Doesn’t look like Willem II will be any help against PSV. By my count Ajax need 5 points from the last three games to be certain of the title.
Caught the last 20 minutes and Willem II were quite poor. Looks like they are a solid candidate for relegation. I remember they were a solid mid-table team three years ago and almost qualified for the Europa League group stage. PSV win 4-2. Tom is correct, Ajax can draw two matches as long as they win one of the three remaining. Next week should pretty much tell all. We just need Feyenoord to take points. Unfortunately, Feyenoord are still playing Thursday night football!

Plaats reactie