30 JUL 2022; Ajax - PSV; Cruyff Shield

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

30 JUL 2022; Ajax - PSV; Cruyff Shield

Bericht door Orange14 » do jul 28, 2022 12:43 pm

Get ready to rumble!!! The season is starting this weekend with the Cruyff Shield against the top two teams from last year.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Re: 30 JUL 2022; Ajax - PSV; Cruyff Shield

Bericht door Tom_ » za jul 30, 2022 7:55 pm

New left side looks good. I’m not a fan of this midfield though.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jul 30, 2022 7:56 pm

HIgler has been absolutely horrible as a CR. He lost control of the game when he didn't give Hoever a YC for the elbow on Berwijn. Both PSV goals were because of poor defending by Timber and then Blind. Blind also lost control of the ball in MF and PSV let Ajax off the hook. Taylor is having a monster game. Bergwijn is looking sharp also. Rensch is playing better at RB and Wijndal has been very active pushing up.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » za jul 30, 2022 8:31 pm

2 errors by Gorter. I know this guy a little bit because he played football at the club where I play. He is mentally very unstable.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za jul 30, 2022 9:07 pm

2 of PSV’s goals were garbage but Ajax are going to concede goals with this defence. No pressure on the cross, and no one to outjump a tall forward.

Also think we lack a passing midfield player. Taylor runs a lot but uses the ball poorly.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jul 30, 2022 9:09 pm

Not a great game by Ajax.Bassey unlucky should have been a yellow.Not impressed with Gorter a moderate goalie hope Pasveer or Steks come back soon.

We have only played training games so far and players need some proper football.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jul 30, 2022 9:17 pm

Not much to say about this game. for the second year in a row we get a LB sent off for a reckless tackle. I'm sorry but I hope not to see Higler call another Ajax game this season. He just let to much go by in the first half and then it was trying to play catch up with his whistle. I know you all want ratings and here they are:

Gorter (3.5) - thought he was better than this from the pre-season. Not much he could do on the fourth goal as it was a wicked shot that swerved at the last minute.
Rensch (4.5) - had trouble with Gakpo all night long but any other RB will also have problems
Timber (4.5) - only played in one pre-season game before today and was out jumped by Til conceding a goal
Blind (3.5) - too slow these days, yes he can still pass but he's just a major liability on defense
Wijndal (6) - had one of the better games for Ajax
Alvarez (5) - about average and picked up a YC for an elbow when Hoever went unpunished early in the half for a worse hit on Bergwijn
Taylor (6) - probably the best player on the pitch, worked hard all game and had two solid shots on goal
Berghuis (4) - did he even have more than a half dozen touches?
Antony (5.5) - another player with little pre-season game time, had a nice goal to draw Ajax even before the bottom fell out
Tadic (5.5) - played mostly as a striker but didn't strike very weill
Bergwijn (6) - third of the three best players out there, first goal was beautiful
Bassey (3) - horrible tackle for a deserved RC, is he a RB or CB, I hope he is a CB rather than Blind but we will see
Kudus (5) - had a nice goal just before the RC
Brobbey (NR) - on at the end when all was lost
Klaassen (NR) - same as Brobbey
Schuurs (NR) - is he going or staying?? Club really needs depth on the back line.

PSV take on Monaco in CL qualifying. I hope they don't lay an egg like they did last season. Ajax open the season next week away to Fortuna Sittard

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jul 30, 2022 9:19 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:
za jul 30, 2022 8:31 pm
2 errors by Gorter. I know this guy a little bit because he played football at the club where I play. He is mentally very unstable.
Better hope that Charley Setford's wrist heals a lot faster!!!!!

Plaats reactie