09 NOV 2022; Ajax - Vitesse; Match Day; 13

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

09 NOV 2022; Ajax - Vitesse; Match Day; 13

Bericht door Orange14 » zo nov 06, 2022 8:36 pm

After losing to PSV at home, Ajax face off against Vitesse Wednesday night. A win sends Ajax back to the top of the table. Edson Alvarez is suspended because of his 5th YC of the season.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Re: 09 NOV 2022; Ajax - Vitesse; Match Day; 13

Bericht door SPL » ma nov 07, 2022 11:09 am

If we were to drop points in this match at least the useless coach would get sacked but we must now win these last 2 games.Vitesse and Emmen should both be easy wins.

Blind should come back as Rensch is not good enough at LB and frankly is not good enough to replace Sanchez ,who is moderate. Grillitsch may start for Alvarez.

Not one Ajax player is in form and the coach is a complete disaster for the club.I had hoped to open Showtime site this morning to read he was out.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma nov 07, 2022 11:50 am

Pretty clear from the PSV match that they have the better squad right now. I don’t think ditching Schreuder will change that (not that I’m a fan of his).

I guess the team just has to take a deep breath and get through the next two games.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma nov 07, 2022 2:17 pm

FWIW, I watched the highlights last night to confirm what I saw in "real time." Danny Makkelie, the top rated CR in the Dutch league, had a horrible match. It was as though he had been transported to the EPL for all the non-calls or even warnings to players. Why Veerman was not carded for the horrible challenge that led to the scuffle was beyond bad (not to mention he had an overall very poor game). There were lots of others such as Obispo's hand to Brobbey's face that did not even prompt a wag of the finger from Makkelie. You cannot fault him for the PK call on Rensch as he had no view of the full play that VAR rightly sent down of an OFR. IMO, VAR was correct and the penalty disallowed.

This year's Ajax team is too slow with ball movement. We all know about Alvarez's limitations but his entry pass to Brobbey was really good and it's just weird that ETH had much more faith in him than does Schreuder. Rensch did a good job on Simons pretty much neutralizing him and that he was able to recover and poke the ball away was pretty amazing. It highlighted the other problem Ajax have when they push players up the field. Alvarez made a good pass to Kudus but the MF turned right into the challenge and there were two other PSV defenders in close proximity that allowed them to capture the ball and make the up-field pass to Simons. I remain unconvinced about Kudus. These kinds of problems have existed since the beginning of the season and Ajax have conceded too many cheap goals and don't seem to get any of their own.

Alvarez had a better game than I thought and Sanchez was worse.

I was not impressed at all with PSV and without Sangare they are a very ordinary team. I guess I am a contrarian about Rensch's performance yesterday as Simons will likely make the Dutch NT for the WC.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma nov 07, 2022 3:12 pm

A nice read Orange

Rensch should be RB but at present he is no better than Sanchez ,and he is poor

Most fans want Schreuder out but he does have a poor squad but he must have had a big say in who we signed.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di nov 08, 2022 12:22 am

I thought Rensch was good against PSV. He played a few nice left-footed passes as well. I always like to see two footed players. He did give the ball away a few times but so did everyone.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di nov 08, 2022 1:48 pm

https://www.ajaxshowtime.com/hoofdn...u ... -tegen-psv is a good analysis of what went wrong against PSV on Sunday. While agree with what is said regarding the poor passing, the insertion of Blind into the lineup overlooks the major problem of defensive frailty. There is no way Blind could cope with Xavi Simons and this forces the defense to become unbalanced leading to holes for PSV to exploit. I know that there is a lot of criticism of Kik Perie but he is probably the best passer outside of Blind in the Ajax squad. I think he should be given a chance against Vitesse or FC Emmen this week to see what happens. Bassey could then slide out to LB assuming Wijndal is still out injured.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di nov 08, 2022 8:32 pm

Interesting point about Pierie as he has been playing ok for Young. He missed nearly all of last season so it was agreed he would play for Young until the winter break. No reason why we should not give him a chance this week

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » wo nov 09, 2022 3:12 pm

This could be a good match for redemption. Vitesse is really weak this year. Ajax play at home, roof will be closed as it's raining cats and dogs. So all ingredients are in place to enjoy a nice 5-0 victory.

:666.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo nov 09, 2022 7:44 pm

Sanchez,Brobbey dropped ,Alvarez suspended.Kudus striker,Taylor and Klaassen in MF and Rensch and Wijndal FB's

A most win game.A few fans saying if we lose Schreuder can be sacked but as a fan only one thing ever matters and that's winning.There is no circumstance I could ever want Ajax to lose any game

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » wo nov 09, 2022 8:34 pm

bad giveaway by timber and pasweer didn’t look good either. klaassen missed two absolute sitters

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo nov 09, 2022 8:50 pm

Can't blame Alvarez at all. Taylor is really bad and too many players are just standing around. Another crap display of football.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » wo nov 09, 2022 8:55 pm

Yeah, Taylor is just running along, he could have caught the vitesse player easily

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » wo nov 09, 2022 9:33 pm

wow this is unbelievable. two counters, two goals. defense nowhere, the guy trying to catch the vitesse player is berghuis

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo nov 09, 2022 10:00 pm

You can lose against PSV, but to play like that against a bottom half side in such an important match… there’s no way this team wins anything this season.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo nov 09, 2022 10:06 pm

Timber and Pasveer with dreadful defending for the 1st and Taylor should have been in the goal mouth covering.Their 2nd was a counter goal .5 times we hit the post but we really did not look like getting 3 points.

Letting GAE and now Vitesse leave with draws is poor. The coach has to be sacked tonight just put Heitinga in charge for Emmen. We are not going to win the title this season as those running the club have made some poor signings and PSV seem to have a stronger squad

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo nov 09, 2022 10:13 pm

To use the title of the great Sergio Leone movie: THE GOOD (Ajax got a point), THE BAD (Ajax got a point), THE UGLY (this team is rubbish). 71% possession, 34 shots, 8 on target (I thought there were more than that). xG for this game must be 5 for Ajax but as they say, "if you don't score, you don't win." There were a lot of horror shows on the pitch today but Jurrien Timber has to get WMOTM award (for those not in the know, 'Worst Man of the Match'); just a dreadful performance and I don't think even a Jong Ajax defender would have made some of these blunders. Schreuder has to go.

Player Ratings:

Pasveer (4) - very weak on the first goal
Rensch (5) - decent performance
Timber (2) - words fail me
Bassey (5) - still a question whether he is an Ajax player
Wijndal (4) - unconvincing
Taylor (4) - did not rotate over to cover for Timber when the latter was too far up the field, passing in the first half was bad
Berghuis (4.5) - looked lost in the first half
Klaassen (3.5) - WHY????
Tadic (5) - nice touch for the first goal but on the night he didn't get it done
Kudus (4.5) - had a couple of chances; note to Schreuder - HE IS NOT A STRIKER - play either Brobbey or Lucca!!
Bergwijn (5) - had a couple of good passes but that was it
Blind (5) - good pass on the Lucca goal and that was pretty much it
Brobbey (5) - made some good runs and had a clanger off the post on a break late in the match
Conceicao (4) - did a lot of running to no great effect
Sanchez (4.5) - hope he has a good WC with Mexico and can then be sold on
Lucca (5) - gave Ajax a lifeline which they could not grasp

FC Emmen on the week end and this will end our misery for 2022. Start a Jong Ajax team!!!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo nov 09, 2022 10:31 pm

Agree Timber was dreadful. The team is getting worse ,may struggle to beat Emmen.Coach is clueless Kudus is not a striker.Wijndal looked poor to me and Blind ,for all his slowness is still a better player

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do nov 10, 2022 3:47 am

Sometimes I think coaches get too much blame when things go wrong and too much credit when they go right.

But I just can’t see the logic of playing Kudus out of position and benching Brobbey, so that Klaassen and Taylor can start. I feel like we’re being trolled at this point.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do nov 10, 2022 1:09 pm

Agree Brobbey and Kudus should have started and Klaassen should just be a sub.

In recent matches I am still convinced the weak point in our defence is Bassey ,he really is a poor defender, and although quick I still think he is a wing back.Many Dutch pundits including the great Marco van Basten dont rate him and I now see why. Martinez was a tough quality defender who was a boss,Bassey is a lightweight and this effects Timber who is a shadow of himself compared to last season.

We did create chances last night and the posts were hit 4 or 5 times but no one played well .

I have not enjoyed watching Ajax this season and must hope the coach, who is to blame ,gets sacked very soon. Today is not soon enough ,give Heitinga the game v Emmen we may then win it .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do nov 10, 2022 7:00 pm

I remember when Martinez came over from Argentina. We were all trying to figure out what position does this guy play? At first everyone was thinking he would be the LB when Nico left and then we were thinking he would be defensive MF. I don't think any of us thought he would end up be the best center back in the Dutch league and actually on of the top ones in any league. He ended up so good that we now see how much he is missed; more than Antony.

Plaats reactie