09 APR 2023; Ajax - Fortuna Sittard; Match Day 28

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

09 APR 2023; Ajax - Fortuna Sittard; Match Day 28

Bericht door Orange14 » do apr 06, 2023 8:00 pm

After the bruising win in Rotterdam, Ajax take on Fortuna Sittard this Sunday in Amsterdam. I'm hoping for a win to keep our meager title hopes alive. Feyenoord are home to RKC who are in 8th place and fighting for a Europe play off position.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Re: 09 APR 2023; Ajax - Fortuna Sittard; Match Day 28

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 09, 2023 3:06 pm

Baas stays at LB,Berghuis moves to right wing ,with Kudus injured and Grillitsch starts. I notice the Belgium youth Godts is a sub and V A Dongen is not. 3 points vital and then with AZ losing its PSV and us for 2nd place.

I think we are assured of Europa league if we finish 3rd as we and PSV are in the cup final. I am no optimist and predict we will be 3rd.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 09, 2023 3:38 pm

Zero creativity in MF trio today.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo apr 09, 2023 3:42 pm

I also see that Vos made the bench today. Would really like to see him get some minutes if we get a good lead. Maybe coming in for Grillitsch.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 09, 2023 4:43 pm

A decent 1st half with Berghuis on fire.Sanchez and Baas doing ok overlapping.Agree about Vos , he and Fitz-Jim should come on if we go 3-0 up

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo apr 09, 2023 5:51 pm

I got my wish as Vos got his debut and played for 20 minutes. The kids all looked good today. There were a few lazy passes but other than the one looping shot that hit the crossbar, Fortuna never really threatened. Ajax keeps up with PSV and the four goals and the clean sheet still leave Ajax ahead on goal differential BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT THIS IS NOT A CERTAIN THING!!!! Lots of good performances today and while Berghuis got two early goals I think Taylor had the best overall match and he is my MOTM. Sanchez also was fine on the day and both Timber and Alvarez were strong in the middle. Grillitsch was smooth as the deep play maker.

Player Ratings:

Rulli (6.5) - had one bizarre adventure when he thought he was a central defender and went way out to dispossess the Fortuna forward
Sanchez (7) - best match in an Ajax shirt
Timber (7.5) - so good on the ball and defended well
Alvarez (7.5) - rook solid defensively
Baas (6) - some lazy passes but his looping pass to Tadic in the middle was quite nice
Grillitsch (7) - good eye for the open field and some great cross field passes to Berghuis
Davy One Goal (7) - solid match playing hard as usual
Taylor (8) - not a wrong move on the day and his goal was wonderfully taken
Berghuis (7.5) - solid attacking play throughout
Tadic (7) - good hold up play and some nice lay offs
Bergwijn (7.5) - thunder struck goal and his tracking back was exemplary
Hato (6) - good pressure and cool passes
Vos (6) - took a couple of good shots and was positionally solid
Conceicao (6) - had a couple of opportunities
Godts (NR) - let sub and a debut
Reeger (NR) - late sub for Sanchez

Home to FC Emmen next Sunday before the twin bill against PSV.
Laatst gewijzigd door Orange14 op zo apr 09, 2023 6:01 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 09, 2023 5:52 pm

A very easy win and 5 teenagers from Jong Ajax get playing time. Grillitsch did nothing wrong but did nothing special but Vos really impressed and Godts and Hato have a future.Berghuis ,when on the right, had a great game and Alvarez sweeping up at the back but no one else had to do that much to beat a very moderate Fortuna.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 09, 2023 6:00 pm

Sanchez had a good game and Taylor and Bergwijn very good performances and great goals. Not knocking Grillitsch who did have a decent game and will have to get more playing time in the final games. Vos is ok coming on in a game like this but v PSV and AZ Grillitsch's experience will be needed.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma apr 10, 2023 12:46 pm

After the dreadful boring game v Go Ahead it was like watching proper Ajax yesterday, but apart from the 4 goals the highlight was 5 teenagers playing . This is what Ajax is all about and I would give Heitinga the job for next season. Get rid of the rubbish signings, Bassey,Wijndal,Lucca. I will hold fire with Sanchez as Rensch is not much better and Grillitsch if he gets some more playing time and shows his qualities.

Getting 2nd place is still going to be tough though.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma apr 10, 2023 2:27 pm

Before he went on for Tadic, Heitinga told Godts that it is expected that all Ajax attackers score on the debuts. Good attitude!!!

Plaats reactie