06 DEC 2023; RKC Waalwijk - Ajax; Match Day ???

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

06 DEC 2023; RKC Waalwijk - Ajax; Match Day ???

Bericht door Orange14 » wo sep 27, 2023 3:37 pm

After the dispiriting conclusion to the Klassiker, Ajax hit the road for a game against RKC Waalwijk. Bergwijn should be back for this game but Mannsverk is out for six weeks with a foot injury.

It's going to be a long and ugly season and Steijn is needs to solve some very glaring problems. For me, it's pointless to change the trainer right now as that would just lead to further chaos. As long as he has the faith of his core players, Steijn should be allowed to keep going.

the club has a very difficult six games coming up: RKC Waalwijk (a), AEK Athens (a), AZ (h), Utrecht (a), Brighton (a), & PSV (a). It is not inconceivable that they can drop points in all of these games. We will see the mettle of this team by the end of October.
Laatst gewijzigd door Orange14 op wo okt 04, 2023 12:35 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Re: 30 SEP 2023; RKC Waalwijk - Ajax; Match Day 6

Bericht door SPL » wo sep 27, 2023 7:19 pm

Steijn clearly is not good enough to be coach but who else do they bring in that can turn this mess around .It seems like Steijn did not have much input with signings and I doubt Guardiola could sort it out much better.

At present we could indeed lose these next 6 games

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo sep 27, 2023 7:28 pm

SPL schreef:
wo sep 27, 2023 7:19 pm
Steijn clearly is not good enough to be coach but who else do they bring in that can turn this mess around .It seems like Steijn did not have much input with signings and I doubt Guardiola could sort it out much better.
The only one who would come into this mess is a former Ajax player who loves the club and will do what it takes to turn things around. Unfortunately, I don't think there is anyone who fits that description. van Gaal has health issues and said he won't take a position at Ajax and Rijkaard stated some years ago that he is through with coaching. We've tried others with Ajax pedigrees and found them wanting (Blind, van Basten, etc.)
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo sep 27, 2023 10:56 pm

It’s very hard to watch right now. In the 30 minutes yesterday they just played long balls at Brobbey and lost possession pretty much every time.

Steijn doesn’t seem to rate the new signings either and I’m hoping we will end up playing basically last year’s first team plus some youth players and Sutalo.

I don’t think changing the manager will help at this point either, but they will probably do so before the winter break anyway.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za sep 30, 2023 7:34 pm

Avila for Sosa , Rensch starts,Berghuis back in Mf with Vos and Taylor and Bergwijn back. Fans on showtime still moaning but 8 starters are Dutch ,6 from our academy. Surely you cannot moan about that!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za sep 30, 2023 8:59 pm

Defence not convincing but at least we have scored 2 goals.Brobbey's goal beautifully taken and Forbs is starting to look like a good signing.
Vos doing well . Just have to make it 3-1 and hope that settles us down.
We just have to win

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za sep 30, 2023 9:52 pm

I hope their keeper is OK.

EDIT: RKC players being consulted about whether to continue the match. Apparently this is a very serious injury.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za sep 30, 2023 10:03 pm

Match is officially suspended. Good display of sportsmanship with both teams coming out after the announcement to salute the supporters.

Won't do player ratings as it's not a completed match. Brobbey was quite good as was Forbs. Bergwijn did not impress other than the penalty. Taylor was average and Berghuis disappointing in the first half and better in the 2nd. Vos was maybe MOTM for me. Rensch was better and had some good defensive plays. Sutalo may be a good CB but he sure has not displayed it right now. Avila was decent at CB and Hato OK at left FB. Gorter was maybe poor on the 2nd goal but made a good save to keep Ajax a goal ahead.

We will await the Dutch FA for a decision about when to conclude the game.

EDIT: totally forgot to mention that van Axel Dongen came on when Bergwijn could not continue.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za sep 30, 2023 10:11 pm

Looks bad , talk on showtime of cardiac arrest,ie a bit like Appie. No way can they play the game tonight . 7 mins plus Et left but unless they can finish it tomorrow it could weeks before they can play.

More important just hope the lad recovers.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo okt 01, 2023 12:23 pm

Good news this morning, their goalie seems ok ,got Ko'd but now concussion. Sounds like he will play again in the future. Relief for his family and RKC as a club.

No idea when the remaining 5 or 6 mins plus Et get played. 2 weeks of Internationals coming up then Europa every other week so could be November but the game is then distorted after such along delay .

As for Ajax we finished with 7 youth academy players on the field and V A Dongen looked lively in his few minutes. We need to continue with the remains of last season ,plus youth and some new signings. Sosa or Avila and Sutalo in defence but apart from Forbs up front I would use the others as subs .

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma okt 02, 2023 2:30 pm

Glad the RKC goalie was able to be looked at immediately by medical personnel. Apparently he couldn't remember the clash with Brobbey while they were on the way to the hospital.

Only saw a few minutes of the game.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo okt 04, 2023 12:18 pm

The remaining 6 mins plus ET will be played on Weds 6th December . This is a joke ,by Sunday morning we knew their goalie was going to be ok so we should have played this Monday lunchtime. AEK played on Monday , we dont fly out until today .

There is talk that Brobbey was brought down so could be a penalty!!

This is a complete and utter farce.Feyenoord had to be finished inside 72 hours.

Tom_

Re: 06 DEC 2023; RKC Waalwijk - Ajax; Match Day ???

Bericht door Tom_ » wo okt 04, 2023 2:39 pm

I agree, it seems silly. Does it need to be such a big deal? The players can manage ten minutes of football on the same weekend as another match, they are professional athletes!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma dec 04, 2023 2:23 pm

Bumping this up to the top as the final five minutes will be played this Wednesday. If the 2-3 scoreline is held, Ajax will move up to sixth place, one point behind Go ahead Eagles.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma dec 04, 2023 4:19 pm

And only 9 points behind AZ in 3rd

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma dec 04, 2023 4:44 pm

AZ has played the same number of games as us. I was looking at all these scenarios very intently yesterday :blush.gif: . So we will be 9 points off AZ, but they'll have a game in hand.

We had subbed Bergwijn off for Van Axel Dongen. We had Vos playing at CDM and Avila at LCB when the game was abandoned.

I assume we will sub in 3 new players to replace them at kick-off - Forbs for Van Axel Dongen, Tahirovic for Vos and Martha for Avila. Luckily we had only used 1 sub, so still have 4 left to use.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma dec 04, 2023 5:33 pm

AZ game in hand is on Weds v NEC.It was the game abandoned for injury.AZ were losing and I think there was less than 5 mins of ET left.AZ will do well to get a point.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma dec 04, 2023 5:38 pm

Oh I totally forgot about that. That was the game I think Bas Dost got hurt.

Looking at the AZ game, they've used up all their subs and I can't even tell how much time is left in their game. They are indeed trailing 1-2 at home.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma dec 04, 2023 6:38 pm

Amol schreef:
ma dec 04, 2023 4:44 pm

We had subbed Bergwijn off for Van Axel Dongen. We had Vos playing at CDM and Avila at LCB when the game was abandoned.

I assume we will sub in 3 new players to replace them at kick-off - Forbs for Van Axel Dongen, Tahirovic for Vos and Martha for Avila. Luckily we had only used 1 sub, so still have 4 left to use.
According to ESPN, the linieup on the pitch at the time the match was abandoned was: Gorter; Rensch, Sutalo, Hato, Avila; Vos Taylor Berguis; Forbs, Brobbey, van Axel Dongen (ror Bergwuijn)
Ajax have four substitutions left and will need a new GK and MF to replace Vos and Gorter.

The match was abandoned at minute 85 but will there be any time added to the five minutes left? We don't know as the added time is not shown until the 90th minute.

AZ match was abandoned at minute 90. I was watching that game but cannot remember how much added time there was.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma dec 04, 2023 7:28 pm

V A Dongen will need replacing ie Bergwijn will come back on. Assume a 4th sub Avila will be replaced.

I only remember the AZv NEC game was stopped on 90 min mark no idea how many minutes ET

Both these games should have been finished the next day as both injured men were ok

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma dec 04, 2023 8:06 pm

SPL schreef:
ma dec 04, 2023 7:28 pm
V A Dongen will need replacing ie Bergwijn will come back on. Assume a 4th sub Avila will be replaced.
I don't understand what you have written. I don't know what the Dutch FA rules are about abandoned matches but assume that a player who was subbed off (Bergwijn) cannot return to the match. I looked at the substitutes bench for the RKC match and Pasveer, Godts, and van den Boomen are all out injured. Sosa is the only LB on the match day squad. Tahirovic can come in for Vos. they could also bring in Hlynsson and move Berghuis to the RW and Forbs over to the left.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma dec 04, 2023 8:32 pm

Sorry for confusion , not sure whether a subbed off player can return dont think it has happened in a first team game .It certainly happened at our u17 and U18 level but that is youth football.

I just posted Bergwijn returning without thinking.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di dec 05, 2023 12:53 pm

Rules for the game on Ajax Showtime.Bergwijn cannot return .Injured players can be replaced without counting as subs. Gorter Vos are injured but V A Dongen is fit and training so not sure about him . We can then use subs in addition.

Game stopped in 84 mins so 6 mins plus ET left

I read the AZ v NEC game was stopped in min 90 and 5 mins of ET was likely.

Both these games should have been completed the next morning as both injured players were off the danger list by then.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo dec 06, 2023 7:10 pm

Ramaj, Tahirovic and Hlynsson replace the injured players in conclusion to the abandoned match. Amechtan Kaplan makes the match day first team squad for the first time.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo dec 06, 2023 7:25 pm

NEC held on to their 2-1 lead in the remaining 5 mins v AZ .Just hope we retain our lead. Mola TV in Uk not showing the 10 mins but probably will show it as highlights later.

Our U17 playing Feyenoord Ko 19.30 and its on Feyenoord youtube so will watch this.

Plaats reactie