27 JAN 2024; Heracles - Ajax; Match Day 19

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

27 JAN 2024; Heracles - Ajax; Match Day 19

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jan 22, 2024 3:06 pm

Just keep winning!!! van't Schip said that it might not be wise to use Henderson this weekend as the match is on artificial turf. that might be a wise decision.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Re: 27 JAN 2024; Heacles - Ajax; Match Day 19

Bericht door Tom_ » di jan 23, 2024 1:52 am

I’ll be very surprised if he benches Henderson for that reason. I see the logic but given how weak the MF is I expect him to play the strongest team.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jan 23, 2024 2:23 pm

Gooijer only missing training for a day or 2 so should be fit .Already looks better than Gaaei and Rensch could well stay at RCD.

Apart from Ramij and Akpom as a sub ( he was ill on Sunday) not sure van t' Schip has much faith in any of the other summer signings.He is not alone .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jan 27, 2024 8:42 pm

Gooijer and Martha fullbacks,Sosa sub and Sutalo injured. No Henderson even as sub and Bergwijn has a slight injury so rested and Forbs starts.How can we let him go this week as we have Banel and Kalokoh as standby forwards?

Still expect a win .Sosa has been injured earlier in the week and probably will just get 45 mins hence Martha.Henderson has only trained a couple of days and never played on artifical grass.

Any sort of win will do and we will be 3 points off 3rd place.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » za jan 27, 2024 9:22 pm

Brobbey is worth 200 million.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jan 27, 2024 9:51 pm

Can anyone remember if we have ever scored off a corner kick this season? May Akbom got a header but i sure can't remember. Awful by Hato on the Heracles goal, just falling asleep at the half line. Brobbey with another unbelievable goal. the rest of the half was easily forgettable with just some terrible passing from almost everybody. I don't think it is the artificial surface that is to blame.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jan 27, 2024 10:16 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:
za jan 27, 2024 9:22 pm
Brobbey is worth 200 million.
No way, 300 million minimum

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jan 27, 2024 11:09 pm

this team makes it difficult every match. Just when you think they have it under control, pfft, it goes all wrong. Huge possession and scads of good shots and by all rights, there should have been 6 goals on the board for Ajax. Stupid errors by both CBs led to the two entirely preventable Heracles goals, but that's the story and it has been like this all season long. Brobbey with some great center forward play and Hlynsson also acive at 10 with some good passing and a well taken goal. HOLD YOUR BREATH: Tahirovic was entirely convincing in the MF tonight, great pass to Brobbey on the first goal and his passing game was more than decent.

Player Ratings:

Ramaj (6) - unfairly scored upon twice but did bobble a couple of easy saves
Goojier (5) - had some good moments but gave the ball up cheaply several times with weak passes
Rensch (6.5) - other than the very poor play on the 2nd Heracles goal, he had a decent game
Hato (6.5) - Cal Ripken streak continues but oh what a schoolboy error on the first goal and then he gets a deflection on the 2nd leaving Ramaj wrong footed
Martha (6) - good going forward and defending was average (Lucas Jetten is the long term solution at LB but he's only 16 right now)
Tahirovic (7) - never thought I would say that this player had a very GOOD game but maybe sits now that Henderson is in the team
Taylor (6) - had some chances on goal but a couple of times he should have shot early and didn't
Hlynsson (7) - very nice game with good pressing, passing and a nice goal
Berghuis (7) - captain in place of an injured Bergwijn and played very well, tracked back as needed and was always free for an outlet pass
Brobbey (8) - two great goals and was a constant danger all match long
Forbs (6.5) - not a bad match and another one who had some opportunities to score but just could not get the ball in
Gaaei (NR) - on late for Goojier
Banel (NR) - on late for Forbs

PSV up next at home. This will be a true test of this van't Schip Ajax squad. JUST WIN BABY, YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE!!!! :ajaxscarf.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jan 27, 2024 11:10 pm

Another win and we are now 3 points off 3rd .Feyenoord to beat Twente tomorrow.With Bergwijn and Henderson next week our MF and attack wont be too bad but with Hato not looking good tonight we dont have a defence. Goojer has promise Martha at LB a joke but Sosa cannot defend. We so badly needed an experienced quality CD in the summer and still do.

I said we should not be considering selling Forbs this week but apart from pace he has nothing.I will await Orange's ratings

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo jan 28, 2024 12:24 pm

I thought it was one of their better games in attack. Add in the usual defensive shambles and you get 4-2, I guess.

Didn’t miss Bergwijn at all, although Forbes looks like he’s trying to drive an F1 car around a crowded car park.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jan 28, 2024 1:07 pm

Reading Dutch posters it seems the majority think like I do about Forbs ie fast but no technique or finish . We need a back up with Godts and V A Dongen injured but I just hope Godts get fit quickly as he is better.

Will Henderson replace Tahirovic next week or Taylor? Henderson does play at 8 and yesterday Tahirovic had a reasonable game whereas Taylor was dreadful as usual.

It was one of our best games and we should have got more goals.Next week we get a real test.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » zo jan 28, 2024 3:33 pm

I do think Tahirovic is able to read the game when we're attacking. I would like to see him and Henderson as the 6/8 combination next week with Hlynsson playing AM. Hlysson also pops up in dangerous areas and does possess defense splitting passes.

Our defense yesterday was a bit of a joke as it has been all season. Gooijer is good but has a tendency to run with the ball across the defensive line and lose the ball, once or twice a game.

Brobbey has been outstanding and I won't be shocked if some bigger clubs come for him this summer.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » zo jan 28, 2024 3:35 pm

Forbs isn't great, but we barely missed Bergwijn. Bergwijn should be sold this summer.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jan 28, 2024 4:31 pm

All three teams above Ajax drop points as matches ended up drawn. Ajax just need to take care of business now and they will be fine by the end of the season.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jan 28, 2024 8:18 pm

After Zwolle we were about 10 points behind 3rd place so now 3 games later its 4 points and I am confident we will finish above Twente and AZ.Both dropping points and Twente sold their striker.AZ in a bit of a free fall.

Would like to see an experienced defender signed ,left back is our weakest spot in defence. Rensch Gooijer and Sutalo have some idea on how to defend although not good, but Sosa has no idea and Martha is a winger

Tom_

Re: 27 JAN 2024; Heracles - Ajax; Match Day 19

Bericht door Tom_ » zo jan 28, 2024 9:58 pm

Re Bergwijn, my feeling is that a lot of the attacks that go down the wings don’t produce chances, so it doesn’t really matter who plays there. He’s not a great passer or crosser of the ball. Berghuis can play a decent cross but only cutting inside with his left foot.

I think we have had more success either going direct to Brobbey or fumbling the ball through the centre. No idea if the stats would back that up or it’s just my impression.

Plaats reactie