07 MAR 2024; Ajax - Aston Villa; Conference League Round of 16

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Orange14

07 MAR 2024; Ajax - Aston Villa; Conference League Round of 16

Bericht door Orange14 » ma feb 26, 2024 2:25 pm

Let's add this trophy to all the others!!!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Re: 07 MAR 2024; Ajax - Aston Villa; Conference League Round of 16

Bericht door Tom_ » ma feb 26, 2024 3:26 pm

Imagine how Bodo/Glimt fans would feel if Ajax won the conference league

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » wo mar 06, 2024 9:00 am

:anew.gif: :anew.gif: :anew.gif:

Haha...Tom, just think how many shocked, nay, totally amazed Ajax fans there'd be if they even passed the next round!!
The only hope that Ajax have is that Villa are concentrating on getting into CL next season, and play their u17s :biggrin.gif: :biggrin.gif:

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mar 06, 2024 1:51 pm

Most Ajax fans are in shock we beat Utrecht!!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do mar 07, 2024 2:04 pm

Not worth getting up before 5 for this Ajax I’m afraid. I’ll watch it on delay. Who knows, if they keep it tight maybe they can sneak something.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » do mar 07, 2024 7:24 pm

:anew.gif: :anew.gif: :anew.gif:

Well, still 0-0 at 38 mins...but large shout of "штраф".."penalty" from many Russian viewers here in St P...was Brobbey pushed??

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do mar 07, 2024 7:33 pm

Decent enough first half. Ajax are looking more comfortable in the formation but Villa are not doing any pressing at all. Ajax had a couple of half chances but couldn't really create any danger. Brobbey has to hold up his runs and be more aware of where the back line is.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » do mar 07, 2024 7:34 pm

:anew.gif: :anew.gif: :anew.gif

0-0 at Half Time...and to be honest, Villa are fu*king boring!! If these are their squad players for EPL...they may as well forget CL next year!!
Come on Ajax...kill the Brummie bas*ARDS!! :smallgrin.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mar 07, 2024 8:48 pm

Best performance of the season against the 4th best EPL team .Akpom should have won it but had his eyes closed for that header .
Having not got a stream for our last 2 games this is my first real look at 5-4-1 and the defence was solid.Kaplan looks real quality and both wing backs were good,Gooijer unlucky with 2 yellows.Henderson a fine game.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do mar 07, 2024 8:53 pm

It took a real fine save from the World Cup winning GK to prevent Taylor from getting the match winner. I was surprised at how poor Villa looked throughout the match, but we know how tough the Eredivisie is; perhaps Ajax is in the wrong league this season. Ajax looked very comfortable in the new formation and the back three were all solid. Kaplan gets the nod for MOTM, hardly putting a foot wrong in the game. Ajax pressed more than I've seen them do all season long, forcing some nice turnovers. Brobbey needs to work on holding his runs and recognizing where the back line is. He had maybe 5-6 off sides. Let's hope this gives them some confidence in the return leg.

Player Ratings:

Ramaj (6.5) - kept his head on all the corners but didn't have a difficult save to make
Goojier (4.5) - was thinking at the 80th minute he was the poorest player on the pitch and then the silly 2nd YC cinched the poor rating
Rensch (7) - positionally excellent and passing was good
Kaplan (8) - when the call came he answered it with just solid and forceful central defense play
Hato (7.5) - Cal Ripken streak continues and he was never out of position and made some key passes (disappointed that Brobbey didn't do better)
Sosa (7) - defended well and delivered some decent crosses
Henderson (6.5) - had a couple of poor passes and he did poorly on the free kicks but defense was up to par
Mannswerk (7) - picked up a very light YC and played a solid match
Hlynsson (6.5) - worked hard all game
Brobbey (6.5) - really should have done better when Hato sent him through and needs to cut down of the off sides
Taylor (7.5) - had the best chance on goal and pressed well
van den Boomen (NR) - had a couple of good passes but committed silly foul conceding a free kick at the death
Akpom (NR) - it looked to me as if he should have scored on the cross into the box

Fortuna Sittard coming up on Sunday. Let's keep building to the end of the season!!!!! :ajaxscarf.gif:

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » do mar 07, 2024 8:54 pm

SPL schreef:
do mar 07, 2024 8:48 pm
Best performance of the season against the 4th best EPL team .Akpom should have won it but had his eyes closed for that header .
Having not got a stream for our last 2 games this is my first real look at 5-4-1 and the defence was solid.Kaplan looks real quality and both wing backs were good,Gooijer unlucky with 2 yellows.Henderson a fine game.
https://totalsportek.cc/

This seems to be working for me (mostly). Sometimes you need to try the same one a couple of times. And also MOLA.tv is no longer broadcasting the Eredivisie it seems?

About the game, I think we looked solid against a team that came here for a draw. We deserved a bit more but it will be an interesting game next week, for sure!
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mar 07, 2024 9:32 pm

Thanks raymon I will try that stream on Sunday . Todays game was live on my normal TV ie I get TNT all European games . Mola ,which was free, finished 3 weeks ago ,Triller took over but want payment in dollars. I am not going to mess about paying monthly for this season but will pay up in one go for next season .I tried streams for the last 2 league games but they were full of viruses so did not watch .

Today ,for the first time this season I really enjoyed my Ajax. My confidence in them is returning and 4th place can be won.

As for today I thought Villa looked dreadful.I am sure they will attack next week

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do mar 07, 2024 11:23 pm

Definitely a much better game, but you have to take your chances in the home leg and Ajax didn’t do that. At least they have stopped giving away 20 shots per game.

One of the stupidest second yellows I’ve ever seen from Gooijer. Villa were down to 10 and Ajax were building pressure and he dives in from behind when there was plenty of cover…

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr mar 08, 2024 3:53 pm

Only saw glimpses of the game while at work. Kaplan is what we were missing all season.

Also Mannesverk was needed to add much needed calmness at DM.

Plaats reactie