Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

30 Jan 2005: Ajax - ADO Den Haag

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do feb 03, 2005 1:38 pm

I know you all want to forget about it as soon as possible, but if you still feel like telling us how extremely poor Ajax were last Sunday against ADO Den Haag (0-0) please do it here...

What went wrong?
Still alive...

mr_cooper

Bericht door mr_cooper » do feb 03, 2005 5:22 pm

i didnt understand one thing from the game against den hag. why ajax keep cross the ball all the time instead of playing on the ground. it was a problem before and its worst know because everybody think that charisteas will be there to put his head on.

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » do feb 03, 2005 10:14 pm

I took Sean & Dylan my five-year-old sons, to this game. Sad, that I chose this game of all games for their first ever trip to a football match.

It's kind of an epiphenal moment in a young boy's life isn't it? the first time you're dad takes you to a game. I still remember my first game back in the late 1890's or whenever it was. Birmingham City v. Fulham; Blues lost 3 - 4 after being 3 - 1 up at halftime.

So no change there then.

The boys were just so excited at the start of the game, just being there amongst it all was palpably thrilling for them. However, as the game droned on, that excitement turned to that familiar feeling of bored frustration and irritation that we dedicated football fans know only too well.

Dylan occupied himself with parroting what those around him were shouting, 'Tempo, Tempo' he kept calling out, and "Oude Wijven voetbal". however it was Sean who brought the house down, when at a time late in the game when yet another cross sailed ten meters above Charisteas's head, he shouted out (in English)

"Why is this so difficult for you?"

And of course he's right. Why is it so difficult for people who are paid megabucks to play football to be able to hit an acurate cross? Or a corner that reaches a bloke in a red and white shirt? Or for that matter, why are they completely incapable of hitting a shot on goal from more than 5 metres out?

Answers on a postcard please...

Fenerbahce

Bericht door Fenerbahce » do feb 03, 2005 11:34 pm

To bad you (and mainly, your kids) just had to see the most worst game of the season.
On the other hand, things can´t get worse (I hope), so any next game will be an excitement for them. :cheer:

Damn, you should have taken your children to the game against Heerenveen .. :blush:
Before you judge someone, walk for three months in his shoes.

Plaats reactie