Trabelsi ----- De Jong ------- Hentiga --------- Maxwell ----------

Pienaar --------------- Galasek ?(Lingren) ---------Van der Vaart -------

Rosales ---------------- Babel ------------ Boukhari ----------

Ajax Win 2:0 Babel,Rosales
----->WWW.AJAXPOLAND.PL<-------

paladinby
Contacteer:

Bericht door paladinby » wo feb 16, 2005 4:23 pm

No matter what we discuss here our wise manger will use De Jong as a central defender and Heitinga in the midfield. Personally i can't get why Cowman uses players out of their positions. This won't work well against more or less professional team.

BPBlueSox
Contacteer:

Bericht door BPBlueSox » wo feb 16, 2005 9:52 pm

1-0 final. Wish we could have got another and I'd feel a little better going to France.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo feb 16, 2005 9:55 pm

Ajax won 1-0 (Maxwell, 35'). It's not a bad result but as Ajax was by far the better team, they should have scored more goals...

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do feb 17, 2005 1:34 am

Right - here I am, just returned from the ArenA (well, okay, I admit: from the pub).

Auxerre were quite poor tonight and we should have scored a second. 2-0 would have been an accurate result for tonight's game, I guess.

However, I am not too disappointed with a 1-0 win. 1-0 is a very underestimated result in 'Europe': it's a very important thing that we did not concede any goals - and one goal in Auxerre will pretty much kill the whole affair off (they will require three if we score once).

Rather dull game; absolutely brilliant goal by Van der Vaart and Maxwell. That pretty much sums it up.

K.
Still alive...

__earth
Contacteer:

Bericht door __earth » do feb 17, 2005 6:44 am

Dark Horse schreef:

Code: Selecteer alles

--------------------- Stekelenburg ------------------------------ 

Trabelsi -----  Heitinga------- SQD --------- O'Brien---------- 

------Pienaar --------vd Vaart --------- Maxwell------- 

Rosales ---------------- Babel ----------------- Boukhari ------
Maxwell is dying a slow death in the back. He's got to get back to his familiar spot. If O'Brien is fit he's the man at left back. Everyone is playing at their 'own' position.
Don't worry. JOB is nothing to be worried about. The next time he gets to the field, he will prolly get another injury. So, Maxwell is good. :yes:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do feb 17, 2005 12:13 pm

Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do feb 17, 2005 4:43 pm

"immortal", and "living legend Guy Roux" :D

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do feb 17, 2005 4:56 pm

philippe schreef:"immortal", and "living legend Guy Roux" :D
:D

Yeah... I just love that guy. He always makes me laugh. He's kind of a yokel and he plays with that image, but at the same time he's very smart indeed.

Men like Mr Roux are the remarkable characters in the world of football. Respect to him.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do feb 17, 2005 5:26 pm

this is from www.farenet.org, which I believe is more reliable than "l'équipe"

Racist banner mars match
17 February 2005

Print this page.
Racism has marred the UEFA Cup third round match, between Ajax and French club Auxerre played on 16 February 2005. Auxerre’s Ivory Coast striker, Bonaventure Kalou, was greeted by a racist banner as he entered the pitch. The banner suggested that Kalou, who used to play for Ajax’s bitter rivals Feyenoord, should go “To a banana tree”. This latest incident comes at a time when the general public’s disgust for racism and the campaign against it has never been so prevalent.

Ajax officials clearly failed to act in this instance. The FARE/UEFA 10-point-plan, that has been issued to all clubs and football authorities for some time now, outlines clear steps that clubs should take to prevent racist abuse. It is unclear whether UEFA have been officially informed of the incidents. UEFA has previously punished clubs for the racism of their fans during its competitions.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 18, 2005 7:46 am

Yesterday's result:

FC Basel vs Lille 0-0. Return leg next week in France.

I would say it'll be Lille. They're second in France. Seem to have a very good team. If we make it through it will be France again, I guess.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo feb 23, 2005 5:16 am

Wish also we'd bagged a second.Still, Maxwell's goal was beautifully conceived and executed.good posession % match for Ajax. Apart from Rosaless' tepid effort Boukhari's weak first half, the lads played pretty darn well. And, apart from the opening 10 minutes of the second half,Ajax always looked a clear winner on the night.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo feb 23, 2005 6:46 am

Blind3 schreef:the lads played pretty darn well. And, apart from the opening 10 minutes of the second half,Ajax always looked a clear winner on the night.
It's interesting you say that. I thought the press were over-critical of Ajax for this one. They sort of added it to the list of recent bad games: 'Den Haag, Twente, Auxerre'... I thought it wasn't that bad at all, really. I thought we played quite well. It wasn't much of a spectacular game, but that's a different story. Auxerre came for a 0-0 and never left their trenches, not even after the goal.

But Ajax had possession almost constantly, had a few really good chances to make it 2-0 and were never in danger of conceding one. That, against one of the better sides from France, is not that bad at all.

To be honest, I think it's got to do with the fact that many journalists were in the 'Ajax are shit'-mode. I think many papers would have positive about this very same game, had it been played after two or three really good games.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo feb 23, 2005 1:54 pm

I agree. Not a journalist myself ,but it seems to me that one who keeps writing that Ajax is crap, and keeps trying to sell his/her readers on the idea, probably will not change the words to the song they're singing...even if Ajax put forth an effort like I witnessed last Wednesday.

Plaats reactie