Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

10 Apr 2005: Ajax - AZ

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma feb 28, 2005 7:15 am

In a way the two most important games of the season are coming up next: at ADO Den Haag for the cup (the only trophy we're still going for) and four days later at home against AZ for the league. If we want to finish second (which is still possible) this is - quite obviously - a 'must win'...

K.
Laatst gewijzigd door Kowalczyk op do mar 17, 2005 1:46 pm, 4 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Still alive...

Frans

Bericht door Frans » ma feb 28, 2005 9:17 am

I saw Timmer get injured in AZ's game vs Willem II. Any news as to whether he will be fit to face Ajax?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma feb 28, 2005 4:50 pm

Game is sold out!

K.
Still alive...

Ik ben ik

Bericht door Ik ben ik » ma feb 28, 2005 5:39 pm

Frans schreef:I saw Timmer get injured in AZ's game vs Willem II. Any news as to whether he will be fit to face Ajax?
He'll be fit by Wednesday, so I guess he's still fit when Ajax plays AZ.
Kan het aantal characters van een signature niet opgehoogd worden van 125 naar 175 ofzo?

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » wo mar 02, 2005 2:18 pm

Frans schreef:I saw Timmer get injured in AZ's game vs Willem II. Any news as to whether he will be fit to face Ajax?
I saw a report that Timmer will start against Ajax. Sold out, I am glad I got my ticket then! See you all at the game!

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do mar 03, 2005 9:28 am

cdnajaxfan schreef:...Sold out, I am glad I got my ticket then! See you all at the game!
Unfortunately can only watch this one on TV (from down under) as I am not in Holland until the Ajax-PSV game.

Think the AZ game will be a cracker...enjoy.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Team news

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za mar 05, 2005 11:30 am

The only two 'question marks' for Ajax were Angelos Charisteas and Hatem Trabelsi, who picked up minor injuries this week. However, coach Ruud Krol said on Ajax.nl that both will be available.

Still injured: Zdenek Grygera, Hans Vonk and Tomás Galásek. Steven Pienaar returned to the squad on Friday, but is not match fit and is not expected to be in the squad.

AZ will come to Amsterdam with a fit squad. Their 'question marks' were three former Ajax men, but they will all be available. Denny Landzaat had a minor ankle injury, but will be fit. Goalkeeper Henk Timmer had a light concussion, but will also be ready to go. And Tim de Cler was red carded against Roda JC, but the KNVB dropped the charges based on TV footage.

K.

P.S.: This is the moment. The Crucial Game. If we want to have two fun months to finish the season with, we have to step forward and do the business now. If we want to push for the Champions League, this is our chance. If we lose, we're f#cked.
Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » za mar 05, 2005 7:29 pm

The game has been postponed. :D

Due to an accumalation of snow on top of the ArenA's retrectable roof.

What a joke. :D

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » zo mar 06, 2005 9:19 am

Steef schreef:The game has been postponed. :D

Due to an accumalation of snow on top of the ArenA's retrectable roof.

What a joke. :D
I think Ajax will be more than pleased to delay this for a bit. It gives them more time to find a manager before they play this, their most critical game of the season. Also it helps to build up the game congestion for AZ (who still have UEFA cup football to deal with) at the end of the season.

If I had been the Ajax staff I would have told the KNVB authorities the roof was dodgy too!!!! :eusa_liar:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

New date announced!

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 08, 2005 2:35 pm

For your information: the KNVB announced today that the new date for Ajax vs AZ is Thursday 07 April (kick-off 20:15 CET). There is one reservation: if AZ manage to qualify for the quarter finals of the UEFA Cup (by eliminating Shakhtar Donetsk from Ukraine) they will have 'European' midweek duties that week. In that case a new date will have to be found.

Ajax USA updated the exisiting news report about the cancellation accordingly:
http://www.ajax-usa.com/news/2004-2005/ ... -roof.html

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di mar 08, 2005 3:28 pm

Tell the other Co and company that we will gladly accommodate them on a date coincidentally close to the return from that exhausting trek to Ukraine.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di mar 08, 2005 3:30 pm

Hopefully the postponement will help in players recovery from various knocks. Thinking of Trabelsi and Pienaar,for example.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di mar 08, 2005 3:31 pm

P.S. Can we acquire a heated roof to go with our heated pitch? Just a thought.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Another new date...?

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mar 10, 2005 9:48 pm

Seems like this fixture will not be played on 07 April.

AZ won their away game at Shakhtar Donetsk in Ukraine by the score of 1-3 (what an absolutely amazing result again...). The return leg in Alkmaar has pretty much been reduced to formality. These guys are definitely going to qualify for the quarter final, which means that Ajax vs AZ will - once again - be off.

New date please!

K.
Laatst gewijzigd door Kowalczyk op vr mar 11, 2005 8:27 am, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Still alive...

carcajou

Re: Another new date...?

Bericht door carcajou » do mar 10, 2005 11:48 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Seems like this fixture will not be played on 07 April.

AZ won their away game at Shakhtar Donetsk in Ukraine by the score of 1-3 (what an absolutely amazingly good result again...). The return leg in Alkmaar has pretty much been reduced to formality. These guys are definitely going to qualify for the quarter final, which means that Ajax vs AZ will - once again - be off.

New date please!

K.
Now that is good news..... I might be able to attend, if I rob enough aged people in the streets :redcard:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mar 17, 2005 6:50 am

Okay... AZ vs Shakhtar Donetsk 2-1, they're in the quarter finals, so the 07 April fixture is off. Here's what the KNVB have decided:

Ajax vs AZ will now be played on a Sunday (10 April). The game originally scheduled for that date (Ajax vs Willem II) will be played on Thursday 07 April (20:15 CET).

Seems like AZ will visit us a few days after their quarter final fixture... That can't be bad for us.

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mar 17, 2005 8:05 pm

Good news as the AZ game will probably be shown on Channel 5 over here(but not live) It would not be shown if it were on a Wednesday.

The original game was scheduled for Channel 5 hence the groan from me when it was called off.

Plaats reactie