Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

29 Mar 2005: 'Volendam Na 6ûûûh'

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mar 16, 2005 12:48 pm

This is not really an Ajax match, but a special football event which includes a 30-minute six-a-side friendly between FC Volendam and Ajax (and also six-a-side games between teams of former players of both clubs and, an extra participant, an team of former PSV players). It is an annual even organized to commemorate the victims of the Volendam 'pub inferno' of 2001.

Read all about it in the news report Ajax USA published about it on 26 January.

You might also want to check out this page on the Volendam United website. It's in Dutch, but if you scroll down you'll see the program for the evening.

It's always a very nice event at an extremely nice and friendly fisherman's village, the old harbour of which is a tourist attraction in itself. As Dutch as can be. Veronica Stadium normally won't sell out for this event, so if you happen to be in Amsterdam on Tuesday 29 March, why don't you hop on the bus from Central Station? It's a short ride and tickets will be available at the ground's box offices.

K.
Laatst gewijzigd door Kowalczyk op za okt 21, 2006 6:01 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 22, 2005 11:11 am

For the record: I am not going. I really need this two week break from Ajax. Re-charge the batteries. Recover from what's happened. On 02 April I will be ready for Heerenveen vs Ajax. But now? As a diehard supporter I feel very sorry for myself now and I deserve a week off...

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 22, 2005 2:39 pm

Ajax.nl just published a news report with a bit more info.

The Ajax-1 players who will play a six-a-side game are Maxwell, Julien Escudé, Steven Pienaar and Hatem Trabelsi. A few Young Ajax players will probably be added.

The 'Old Ajax', 'Old Volendam' and 'Old PSV' teams will play a mini-league against each other. These teams will consist of players such as Wim Jonk, Gerrie Mühren, Pier Tol, Keje Molenaar and Arnold Mühren (former Ajax and Volendam, but in this case playing for Volendam), Simon Tahamata, Wim Kieft, Danny Blind, Aron Winter, Richard Witschge and Bryan Roy (Ajax) and Hans van Breukelen, René van de Kerkhof, Berry van Aerle, Arthur Numan and Willy van de Kerkhof (PSV).

All six-a-side games will be played on a mini pitch of 42 x 28 metres.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 29, 2005 3:33 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:The Ajax-1 players who will play a six-a-side game are Maxwell, Julien Escudé, Steven Pienaar and Hatem Trabelsi. A few Young Ajax players will probably be added.
Obviously, Julien Escudé will not play in Volendam tonight, now that he's been called up for France. Not sure who will be replacing him. Watch out for the report on Ajax USA, as well as photo reports on Ajax.nl and - probably - the Ajax Foto Side.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mar 30, 2005 9:22 am

Report is up!

So, Sangoy scored the winner... I must admit I've never seen this guy play. I only watched Young Ajax a couple of times this season and he wasn't playing in those games. But I hear very good stories about him. Perhaps we'll see more of him in the first team...

K.
Still alive...

Mag

Bericht door Mag » wo mar 30, 2005 12:50 pm

as a prediction: Sangoy will be brilliant. keep an eye on him, i hope can read more details about this guy.nothing but fond of him.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mar 31, 2005 12:02 pm

Mag schreef:as a prediction: Sangoy will be brilliant.
Ajax don't believe that he will...

http://www.ajax-usa.com/news/2004-2005/ ... anees.html

If he'll ever be brilliant, it won't be in an Ajax jersey...

K.
Still alive...

Plaats reactie