10 Apr 2005: Ajax - AZ

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

10 Apr 2005: Ajax - AZ

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo apr 03, 2005 8:11 pm

Two home games coming up: first against Willem II, and then - on Sunday - the 'big one' against AZ... They lost in De Kuip today, so the gap is still seven points... If we beat them it will be four...

K.
Still alive...

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » zo apr 03, 2005 10:10 pm

Hey Ko, where's you're optimist meter??

I'll give mine: 1% change of draw with AZ.

WP_Legend

Bericht door WP_Legend » zo apr 03, 2005 10:58 pm

I'll give it a 5% chance of draw and a 1% chance of winning!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma apr 04, 2005 7:55 am

If we don't beat AZ, all we will have left if fighting with the second club from Rotterdam for the third place...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma apr 04, 2005 8:08 am

philippe schreef:If we don't beat AZ, all we will have left if fighting with the second club from Rotterdam for the third place...
To be honest with you, I think that already is the situation...

I've totally given up on overtaking AZ and finishing second. Just not going to happen and I don't even think I want it. We've looked like a bunch of c*nts in the Champions League for two seasons in a row - and I don't think it is where we will belong next season. I wouldn't mind a season in the UEFA Cup, making some trips to unusual places and grabbing some points for our UEFA ranking...

I really want to finish ahead of Feyenerd, though.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma apr 04, 2005 8:21 am

There still is a possibility to see AZ collapse at the very end of the season, just like they did last year.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do apr 07, 2005 12:34 pm

philippe schreef:There still is a possibility to see AZ collapse at the very end of the season, just like they did last year.
And that will depend in part on their Uefa Cup run...the longer it goes, the more their limited resources will be stretched through tiredness, injuries e.t.c. :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » vr apr 08, 2005 2:04 am

That is going to be very probable, AZ beat villareal at the Madrigal stadium 2-1 so it´s very posible that they get to the semi´s and so on... let´s wait and see. Both teams are going to be quite tired on sunday after todays games. I would bet on a draw coming sunday but i hope for a win. :headbang:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr apr 08, 2005 12:37 pm

Given the circumstances, I do not think they can beat us. It should be a draw.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr apr 08, 2005 1:26 pm

philippe schreef:Given the circumstances, I do not think they can beat us. It should be a draw.
Not too sure... There was an interview with the AZ physio in the paper yesterday. It was basically an article about their injurues and the question if they're getting tired and are about to collapse. This guy had a very good quote: "The only thing we're getting tired of are the stories about us being tired."

They did not lose for like 23 games in a row and outplayed many opponents in 'Europe'. But then they lost 4-2 in Rotterdam (which can happen) and instantly the whole press started to write about AZ and how they were about to fall apart...

I think that's complete bollocks. That defeat at Feyenoord doesn't mean anything. It's just a defeat in a game that one can reasonably lose. Not a big deal. Half a week later they won again, at Spain's #3.

My point is: AZ are in great form and very, very fit indeed. They're also a real team. They can pass the ball around with their eyes closed, which is something we still can't (we can't even string three passes together with our eyes open...).

Even an exhausted AZ team will still be at least as much of a team as a very fit Ajax side. Normally we will lose - is still my expectation. We might win, or notch a draw, but AZ are the better team.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr apr 08, 2005 4:11 pm

Those few words,AZ is the better team, are a total indictment of Ajax.Totally disgusted.I don't see Ajax winning Sunday. It's more down to heart and guts than talent . I think both clubs have talent,but AZ play with heart.Ajax , with few exceptions(Babel,Vonk the professional,Lobont if healthy,Galasek when available,Escude if available), are gutless.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » zo apr 10, 2005 10:50 am

A fwew hours from kick-off and my confidence in a good ending is almost zero. Adriaanse is a tactical master. I saw the game Villareal vs. AZ. I thought they wouldn't stand a chance, but they won!! And how solid that was!! Ajax on the other hand, had a boring Willem 2 match (what else is new this season) and keep in mind that Willem 2 missed their whole defense.

While Ajax struggled with the number 14 in de Eredivisie, AZ knocked the number 3 in Spain alsmost out!

Van Galen on AZ side will run Sneijder over like it is noting. Mitea can do no harm to Kromkamp. Landzaat is better than Pienaar. And the offensive line of AZ is top class. The defensive line of Ajax is shit!

funzoid

Bericht door funzoid » zo apr 10, 2005 3:02 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:A fwew hours from kick-off and my confidence in a good ending is almost zero. Adriaanse is a tactical master. I saw the game Villareal vs. AZ. I thought they wouldn't stand a chance, but they won!! And how solid that was!! Ajax on the other hand, had a boring Willem 2 match (what else is new this season) and keep in mind that Willem 2 missed their whole defense.

While Ajax struggled with the number 14 in de Eredivisie, AZ knocked the number 3 in Spain alsmost out!

Van Galen on AZ side will run Sneijder over like it is noting. Mitea can do no harm to Kromkamp. Landzaat is better than Pienaar. And the offensive line of AZ is top class. The defensive line of Ajax is shit!
Yet, as I just checked a minute ago, Ajax is leading 4-1. 2 goals from Nigel, 1 goal each from Sneijder and Pienaar (seems that van Galen and Landzaat didn't do their job very well today). Well there are still around 20 minutes on the clock.... you never know, AZ might hit back.
Me: Zlatan, the elbowing fucking rules!!

Zlatan: Do you think so? Thanks, man!

Date: October 2001, Place: Albertheijn Diemen Centrum @ the cashier.

Neefkens
Erelid

Bericht door Neefkens » zo apr 10, 2005 3:14 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:A fwew hours from kick-off and my confidence in a good ending is almost zero. Adriaanse is a tactical master......
The defensive line of Ajax is shit!
Blind outmastered Adriaanse in tactics, AJAX was by far the better team. The defense with SQD en Grygera is much better than with heitinga.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » zo apr 10, 2005 3:27 pm

victory 4 - 2 ! We are still alive :cheer: :bis: :cheer:

funzoid

Bericht door funzoid » zo apr 10, 2005 3:29 pm

WE WON!!!! WE WON!!!! WE F**KING WON!!! AGAIN!!! 4-2. i think it's quite a convincing score against a (temporarily) top team.

Anyway, Ko, tell us your tale on how long has it been since we won 2 games in a row?

ajaxnumberone
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxnumberone » zo apr 10, 2005 5:01 pm

:eusa_liar: :bis: OH SO GREAT !! COOL ! I want to hear more from this match !! I'm waiting for this result, against one of the top teams !! :blush:

bryan

Bericht door bryan » zo apr 10, 2005 5:07 pm

Landzaat better than Pienaar my ass. Landzaat is the most overrated player this side of the Atlantic.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo apr 10, 2005 5:54 pm

:headbang: Boy did I have this result figured wrong. 4:2!!! I just love how that sounds.Ajax going for goal.I'm just sorry this Ajax 4.2 model hasn't been on display more frequently.Kudos to Danny Blind and the lads for doing the business,especially with F-word and a cup tie on the horizon.Following the match in Het Fluitsignaal,it sounds like the Mitea who was buried in the doghouse has finally re-emerged.With no Rosales, it's good to see this as the run-in beckons.Finally, whatever routine Nigel followed in the run-up to today...KEEP IT UP!
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » zo apr 10, 2005 7:50 pm

Damn.. I was very wrong hehe

But a good solid victory.

i will shut up now.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » zo apr 10, 2005 8:05 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:Damn.. I was very wrong hehe

i will shut up now.
No no.... If it can bring a good victory each time then keep talking dude !!
meh :|

funzoid

Bericht door funzoid » zo apr 10, 2005 9:53 pm

Carcajou schreef:
GangstaRiB schreef:Damn.. I was very wrong hehe

i will shut up now.
No no.... If it can bring a good victory each time then keep talking dude !!
yeah, so very true.... maybe de jong read your post and felt so pissed that he scored twice....

bryan

Bericht door bryan » zo apr 10, 2005 10:50 pm

I'm glad to see Blind finally put some oomph (ie Nigel and/or Maxwell) in midfield. Could have done with that against PSV, but he's learned from mistakes. Krol must have kicked his ass in a private meeting or something.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma apr 11, 2005 2:30 am

Great result, are Ajax is just full of surprises, but its relly strange that such a defensive team can score four goals, i mean look a the lineup a rightback placed as a midfielder(de jong), a midfielder placed as a winger(pienaar) and yet these player that were playing out off positión were the ones who scored. Damn i love Football(ore soccer).

Thanks for giving us hope ajax, i guess it´s now ore never to make a run for the number 2 spot.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Match Report

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma apr 11, 2005 7:33 am

Still alive...

Plaats reactie