Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

30 Apr 2005: RBC Roosendaal - Ajax

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo apr 24, 2005 8:48 pm

Four more to go... Four points clear of AZ, six ahead of Feyenoord. next up: RBC Roosendaal, team in orange, on the day the Dutchies know as Queen's Day.

By the way: kick-off has been made one hour earlier, 18:30 CET according to Ajax.nl.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr apr 29, 2005 4:10 pm

A quick impression of Danny Blind's last press conference before the RBC game...

He will have miss out on (quite obviously) Mauro Rosales and Maxwell, but also on Hatem Trabelsi and Rafaël van der Vaart, who are still injured. Blind said about VDV: "We hope he can return to the squad in the second half of next game. He might be available for next weekend's game."

The report does not mention Tomás Galásek and Rasmus Lindgren, who have recovered from their injuries and returned to action in Young Ajax. They are fit, but I am not sure as to whether they will be in the squad or not.

Statistics: Ajax did not play too many games against RBC Roosendaal (their 2000 promotion to the Eredivisie was their first ever). The Amsterdammers never lost to the Roosendaal team. RBC notched one draw against Ajax. That was last season, on 18 April 2004: 1-1 at the ArenA.

The game is sold out, which does not mean too much in Roosendaal: 5,000 spectators. According to RBC Online.nl the stadium is 'completely' sold out, but I don't believe that's true: the away section did not sell out completely, in spite of the fact that RBC have the tiniest away end in the Eredivisie (only 400 tickets). This shows that the Dutch are not quite 'ready' yet to go to a football game on the day we know as Queen's Day. But we'll have to get used to it: thanks to the f#cking retarded play-offs we will have football games on the day after Christmas (which we call Second Christmas Day here in Holland and is actually generally seen as part of Christmas) and New Year's Day next season. Which is not 'normal' at all over here (it is in England) - and people will not dig it.

Speaking of the play-offs: at the press conference Danny Blind also commented on it: "It's a ridiculous affair. Those play-offs must be the idea of someone who either doesn't like of football or has no clue whatsoever about it. You can question every single aspect of the play-offs: not only the extra physical pressure on the players, but also the fact that the season will be over for several clubs as early as in mid-April. What are you gonna do then? The most ridiculous thing, however, is that a team can qualify for the Champions League if they have twenty points less than you. You might fail to qualify for it, even if you finished one point behind the champions."

Way to go, Danny! :xyxthumbs:

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr apr 29, 2005 6:30 pm

Regards the play offs, The comentator on Channel5 in the AZ game mentioned the play offs and said the only team to vote against it was PSV!!

Is this corrext ? Did we vote for it?

BPBlueSox
Contacteer:

Bericht door BPBlueSox » za apr 30, 2005 8:52 pm

1-4 for Ajax. :) Solid result!

And Galasek even got in on the scoring in his first game back! (Sure, it was a penalty ;) )

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Match Report

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo mei 01, 2005 8:35 pm

Match report of the RBC game is up, folks! Enjoy!

http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m04-05/ ... turns.html

K.
Still alive...

muffin_

Bericht door muffin_ » do mei 05, 2005 10:26 pm

Could someone please explain this "playoffs" thing? I heard about it some time ago, but I dont remember the details (actually I think they werent given at all...). This is probably off topic, so you can send me a link or a short description of the new rules via PM... Pretty please, with sugar on top :)

Plaats reactie