Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

07 May 2005: Ajax - RKC Waalwijk

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 26, 2005 8:38 am

That's right: Saturday 07 May.

This game has been made one day earlier. And you know why? They will put a new pitch in the ArenA the week before. On Friday 06 May the Amsterdam Admirals (American football) were going to play a home game at the ArenA. They always f#ck up the pitch. It is almost impossible to play a proper football (soccer) game at the ArenA two days after an Admirals game. That's why they turned it around: Ajax on Saturday evening, Admirals on Sunday.

Bollocks!! Two of my English mates, including Vak 425, had already booked their flights to Amsterdam and are now almost certainly f#cked. And so am I: I agreed to go to a heavy metal festival named Dynamo Open Air (for work). I accepted that job because there was no Ajax game. Don't think I'll be able to swap with my colleague.

F#CKING ADMIRALS!! Pain in the arse - that's what it is!

K.
Still alive...

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » di apr 26, 2005 8:44 am

Bollocks indeed.

I've got a prior engagement Saturday, as well.

I think they should give us 1/17th of the cost of our season-card back.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 26, 2005 8:50 am

The annoying thing is: that EFL (European American football league) is stone-dead. It started out as a prestigious thing, but it only became popular in Germany. The Barcelona Dragons, London Monarchs and Scottish Claymores all went tits up, so now it's the Amsterdam Admirals (almost tits up) and a bunch of German teams.

So I'm going to miss an Ajax home game because of some dead, phoney American football Bundesliga! Great!

:d1 :d2

K.
Still alive...

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » di apr 26, 2005 10:04 am

Yeah, how many spectators are showing up? 5000 at the most? Where 50% of that 5000 get their tickets for free, as a prize in some kind of game. If high officials coming from the NFL, they just give free tickets to any living creature to fill the stadium up.

But back to the game: RKC is a solid team. They have many good players on loan deals from Ajax en psv. It's gonna be hard, especially if we play so poor like we did against De Graafschap. But i hope that RKC will try to play football instead of ramming the ball somewhere into the 2nd ring.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di apr 26, 2005 10:29 am

I like American football, but there is no reason why it should be played in Europe if nobody wants to go see it. :pukey:

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » di apr 26, 2005 11:32 am

I'll be flying somewhere in between Amsterdam and Atlanta on May 8, kickoff time, so I would have missed that match. But fortunately the Admirals came to the rescue...
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » di apr 26, 2005 7:33 pm

Don't RKC have something like four ex-ajacieden in their team ?

Greene, Vermaelen, Krohn Delhi, Rustenberg I believe (not sure though, feel free to correct me). Thomas Vermaelen is damn good. Is he on loan or has he been sold ? We saw him with Blind3 in Den Helder last summer and along with Maduro he was the one that amazed me the most. And guess which team won the tournament ?

You get it, RKC. Vermaelen was really impressive, he was all around the pitch and even finished the game as a sort of n°10....

I wish he was back to Ajax.
meh :|

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mei 06, 2005 12:38 pm

Let's take a quick peek at the Eredivisie table...

2. Ajax: 31-68 (66-32)
3. AZ: 31-64 (69-33)

If Ajax beat RKC on Saturday evening and AZ lose at ADO Den Haag the next day, the second slot on the table will be officially ours.

If Ajax beat RKC and AZ draw at Den Haag, the gap will be six points with two games left to play, so in that case it won't be official just yet. AZ have a slightly better goal-differential.

But we're getting close!

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za mei 07, 2005 6:15 pm

Sadly, as long as the NFL in the US subsidizes NFL Europe, I think it'll continue to be a pain in the arse.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za mei 07, 2005 7:24 pm

Returning to the discussion about REAL football, the NFL=[almost] No Feet League...the ball is handled most of the time, Ajax lead at HT 2:0. According to Sporting Life, goals were scored by Babel on 35' and Grygera on 37'.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » za mei 07, 2005 7:29 pm

Ajax is playing rather well, although it is hard to find an opening in the wall of defenders playing for RKC. RKC has no intention whatsoever to attack (not even counterattack) and the 2 chances they've got came out of the blue.

Babel scored the 1-0 after good pressing from Charisteas and a wonderful shot from 18 metres. The 2-0 was a very long attack starting at Babel, Charisteas, Sneijder, Maduro, Trabelsi who gave the ball to de Jong. He saw Grygera and his pass resulted in the goal scoring header from the Chech.
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za mei 07, 2005 8:14 pm

Raymon, many thanks for taking the time to provide descriptions of the goals. :xyxthumbs: Speaking of goals,Nigel de Jong scored our 3:0 on 77' according to Sporting Life. :bis:
Laatst gewijzigd door Blind3 op za mei 07, 2005 8:27 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za mei 07, 2005 8:26 pm

:headbang: En dat is 4. Charisteas with a well deserved goal on 90'. I say that based on his playing a part in two of our goals earlier.4:0 FT. Great to get a clean sheet and great for our goal difference. I can happily walk out into the May sunshine.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo mei 08, 2005 3:40 pm

Hmmm... I missed two home games this season - and of course those two were the two largest home wins: Ajax vs NAC (6-2) and Ajax vs RKC (4-0).

Kind of sucks...

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo mei 08, 2005 8:19 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Hmmm... I missed two home games this season - and of course those two were the two largest home wins: Ajax vs NAC (6-2) and Ajax vs RKC (4-0).

Kind of sucks...

K.
I tend to do that kind of thing with Blackpool games too - my girlfriend says I'm a jinx !! :nooo:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Match Report

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mei 09, 2005 6:44 am

Match report is up. Not written by me this time, but by our 'senior writer', Mr Bastiaan 'Baggy' Vercouteren, who (unlike me :nooo: ) was actually at the game on Saturday night...

Here you go:
http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m04-05/ ... r-rkc.html

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mei 09, 2005 8:15 am

Champions League is nice and all that, but it's no fun if you look a complete c#nt (like we did in the past two seasons). Think about it. Things must change.

Still not convinced that this is what we really want...

K.
Still alive...

Frans

Bericht door Frans » ma mei 09, 2005 9:14 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Champions League is nice and all that, but it's no fun if you look a complete c#nt (like we did in the past two seasons). Think about it. Things must change.

K.
Things have changed. And I think most people would agree that thus far the change has been for the better.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma mei 09, 2005 4:04 pm

Frans schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:Champions League is nice and all that, but it's no fun if you look a complete c#nt (like we did in the past two seasons). Think about it. Things must change.

K.
Things have changed. And I think most people would agree that thus far the change has been for the better.
Not to keep dragging this thread off topic, but...

Look at PSV - they went from being in shambles to a dream run in the CL. No reason Ajax can't duplicate that next year. (I know, I'm an optimist.)

Actually, I'd just settle for not looking like shit.

Plaats reactie