Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

09 Jul 2005: DWV - Ajax

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mei 23, 2005 7:54 pm

The first pre-season friendly of the new season...

A.k.a. the official 'Counting The Days Until The New Season Starts' thread. At the moment I am not counting the days at all, I must say... Glad the summer break has started. At the end of another long season I feel just as tired as the players, in most cases... I will be looking forward to the new season in about a month's time, but not now...

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Re: 09 Jul 2005: DWV - Ajax

Bericht door carcajou » ma mei 23, 2005 8:09 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:The first pre-season friendly of the new season...

A.k.a. the official 'Counting The Days Until The New Season Starts' thread. At the moment I am not counting the days at all, I must say... Glad the summer break has started. At the end of another long season I feel just as tired as the players, in most cases... I will be looking forward to the new season in about a month's time, but not now...

K.
AHAHAH, you're so "blasé"..... Honestly I didn't have my share of the cake !!! Liek Busta Rhymes says : "Gimme some more !!!"
meh :|

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za jul 02, 2005 3:42 pm

My mate Louis XIV & Co picked up our tickets for this fixture a few days ago. We will be there in Amsterdam-North. Should be nice day out. Can't wait.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za jul 09, 2005 4:41 pm

Just read a post on another site saying the final was DWV 0:Ajax 4. Sneijder,Mitea, and 2x Anastasiou.No confirmation.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » za jul 09, 2005 5:13 pm

Halftime score 0-0, final score 0-7.

3x Anastasiou
2x Sneijder
2x Mitea
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za jul 09, 2005 5:23 pm

Thank you 666. Glad I was wrong by 3 goals to the good. I noticed that Rosenberg and Manucharyan debuted in the scoreless 1st half and that Escude` and Lindenbergh played in both halves.

Card-carrying member of the Libertarian Party and the Yannis Anastasiou Fan Club.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo jul 10, 2005 12:35 am

I had a very enjoyable day in Amsterdam-North. Very nice weather, beautiful ground, entertaining game of footie... What more can a man wish? :eusa_dance:

Anyway: the match report is up on Ajax USA...
http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m05-06/ ... f-0-7.html

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo jul 10, 2005 9:49 am

A little bit more on the newcomers...

Olaf Lindenbergh was more involved in the team play than Rosenberg and Manucharyan, but that is - of course - more or less logical given his position. Manucharyan was pretty much invisible. He tried a few individual thingies, but was a bit unfortunate. Can't remember anything special.

Rosenberg was more 'in the game'. If the ball was passed to him, he usually didn't lose it but did something good with it. But he, too, did not have a an outstanding moment. His best scoring chance was a header: he jumped well and headed well, but the goalkeeper's save was very good.

It's hard to really say something about them, because Ajax were playing a bit slowly in the first half. After the break (with a new team) they shifted to a higher gear and (more importantly) DWV were running out of fuel. After fur goals in seven minutes' time they collapsed.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jul 11, 2005 8:42 am

My favourite thing about the pre-season friendlies is always the inevitable as well as traditional 'pitch invasion' by the local kids after the final whistle. They wait behind the fencing until the final whistle, but once it sounds they literally jump the Ajax players for autographs, hundreds at a time. Always very funny.

Also: I know what it must feel like...

Many years ago I did an interview with one of the Backstreet Boys, just before their concert at the Amsterdam ArenA. The interview was around noon, but an estimated 10,000 screaming teenage girls were already queueing at the gates. They were still closed.

I walked past the whole queue, was let in by a steward, walked across a stretch of 'no man's land' between the gates and the stadium, entered and did my interview. After the interview I walked the same way back. I was walking in the middle of that 'no man's land' zone when the stewards opened the gates and 10,000 absolutely hysterical girls stormed towards me like a horde of buffalo. It was like a f*cking tsunami coming my way. For a few seconds I seriously thought I was going to be trampled under foot and that the last person I ever talked to in my life was going to be a Backstreet Boy. Now that would be a tragic death...

Anyway: I saw Mauro Rosales on the pitch of DWV (he was injured and didn't play). This is his first pre-season campaign with Ajax, so he didn't know what to expect. It was hilarious. He thought he was under attack.

K.
Still alive...

Jesse

Bericht door Jesse » ma jul 11, 2005 10:36 am

:D Nice story, Ko. :xyxthumbs:
"Well, maybe Bob Dylan was wrong. Maybe you do have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows."

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma jul 11, 2005 12:29 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Anyway: I saw Mauro Rosales on the pitch of DWV (he was injured and didn't play). This is his first pre-season campaign with Ajax, so he didn't know what to expect. It was hilarious. He thought he was under attack.

K.
Perhaps he thought it was Pizza 5 :D :D :D :blush:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Plaats reactie