Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

27 Sep 2005: Ajax - Arsenal FC

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma sep 19, 2005 8:40 am

The second Champions League game!

I guess everybody will understand that we're not the favourites for the win, but Arsenal will face Ajax without Thierry Henry (injured) and Robin van Persie (suspended), which might make a difference.

Dennis Bergkamp is generally expected to drive through the tunnel for what will be his very, very last (professional) game of football on Amsterdam soil (we all thought the Amsterdam Tournament was the last time, but no...).

K.
Still alive...

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » ma sep 19, 2005 9:27 am

I'm reliably informed that Dennis takes the fast ferry from Harwich to Hoek van Holland.

You really needed to know that, didn't you?

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma sep 19, 2005 11:19 am

Paparazzi :D

Ajax should take this seriously for once, we lost to them already in the tournament, and this is the champions league on our soil so we should do well. I expect De Jong to be the man.
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma sep 19, 2005 11:23 am

ZoefdeHaas schreef:I expect De Jong to be the man.
The man to sit next to Danny Blind for 90 minutes...?

K.
Still alive...

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma sep 19, 2005 12:29 pm

He wasn't even on the bench yesterday, I don't know why.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma sep 19, 2005 12:47 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:He wasn't even on the bench yesterday, I don't know why.
No-one did, until today. Luciano van den Berg, a player of Dutch First Division side Stormvogels Telstar, died in a car crash this weekend. He was one of Nigel's best friends. For this reason Blind decided to leave him out of the squad.

Sad.

K.
Still alive...

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » ma sep 19, 2005 11:04 pm

the kakkerlakk van persie will not play ,neither Henry...

We can Win...and I belive...

With Sneijder...I belive

In Sneijder ,We trust ..Sneijder :God....

We are from Mokum..and no one can beat us...Usually :D

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr sep 23, 2005 10:48 am

no striker for Anrsenal (or just Reyes) ?

Blessure Bergkamp vergroot zorgen Arsenal

23/9/2005 9 :41

Arsenal zit door blessures dun in de aanvallers. De fysieke klachten van Dennis Bergkamp komen manager Arsène Wenger slecht uit.
Naast Thierry Henry, die nog een maand nodig heeft om te herstellen van zijn liesblessure, is ook Robert Pires definitief niet beschikbaar voor het duel met West ham United. Voeg daarbij de zorgen om Fredrik Ljungberg (dij) en Dennis Bergkamp (rug) en er is sprake van een spitsenprobleem.

De personele problemen kunnen in de aanloop naar het Champions League-duel met Ajax nog groter worden. Wenger kan in Amsterdam immers niet beschikken over Robin van Persie, die naar aanleiding van zijn rode kaart tegen FC Thun geschorst is. Mogelijk treden The Gunners in de Arena aan met José Antonio Reyes als enige spits.
Appie, stay strong !

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » vr sep 23, 2005 11:39 am

philippe schreef:no striker for Anrsenal (or just Reyes) ?

Arsenal zit door blessures dun in de aanvallers. De fysieke klachten van Dennis Bergkamp komen manager Arsène Wenger slecht uit.
Naast Thierry Henry, die nog een maand nodig heeft om te herstellen van zijn liesblessure, is ook Robert Pires definitief niet beschikbaar voor het duel met West ham United. Voeg daarbij de zorgen om Fredrik Ljungberg (dij) en Dennis Bergkamp (rug) en er is sprake van een spitsenprobleem.

De personele problemen kunnen in de aanloop naar het Champions League-duel met Ajax nog groter worden. Wenger kan in Amsterdam immers niet beschikken over Robin van Persie, die naar aanleiding van zijn rode kaart tegen FC Thun geschorst is. Mogelijk treden The Gunners in de Arena aan met José Antonio Reyes als enige spits.
So what you're telling us is that with five guys out, they can still field a better attacker than us (Reyes) :eusa_liar:
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr sep 23, 2005 1:02 pm

Arsenal is, through injury, thin in attackers. The physical complaints of Dennis Bergkamp do not serve Arsene Wenger well at all. Next to Thierry Henry, who still needs a month to recuperate from his groin injury, Robert Pires is also definitely not available for the duel against West Ham United. Add to that the concerns over Fredrik Ljungberg (thigh) and Bergkamp (back) and there is talk of a forward problem.

The personnel problems could become larger in the run-up to the Champions League-duel with Ajax. Wenger will not be able to avail himself of Robing van Persie, who is ruled out due to collecting a red card againts FC Thun. It is possible that the Gunners will arrive in the Arena with Jose Antonio Reyes as the only forward.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » vr sep 23, 2005 6:23 pm

aveslacker schreef:

Arsenal is, through injury, thin in attackers. The physical complaints of Dennis Bergkamp do not serve Arsene Wenger well at all. Next to Thierry Henry, who still needs a month to recuperate from his groin injury, Robert Pires is also definitely not available for the duel against West Ham United. Add to that the concerns over Fredrik Ljungberg (thigh) and Bergkamp (back) and there is talk of a forward problem.

The personnel problems could become larger in the run-up to the Champions League-duel with Ajax. Wenger will not be able to avail himself of Robing van Persie, who is ruled out due to collecting a red card againts FC Thun. It is possible that the Gunners will arrive in the Arena with Jose Antonio Reyes as the only forward.

Looks like some dutch kid with a strange name called Quincy Owusu Abeyie might get some minutes in the champs league. :yes:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » vr sep 23, 2005 6:25 pm

Well, if he plays like he did against Thun, it'll be a blessing for Ajax.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » vr sep 23, 2005 6:43 pm

Just got this from Arsenal.com:

“Pires should be alright for Tuesday," he went on. "We don’t know about Dennis Bergkamp yet. We are checking at the moment and he will have test on Sunday. It looks unlikely but if he is fit he will go.”

These words are from Mr Wenger.

Ljungberg is fit too.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr sep 23, 2005 6:45 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef: Ljungberg is fit too.
And overrated.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za sep 24, 2005 8:24 am

Here's a story on Reuters about Arsenal's injury worries...

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za sep 24, 2005 5:02 pm

Arsenal 0-0 West Ham Utd

Looks like the gunners are out of gun powder... Let's keep a clean sheet on tuesday too :eusa_pray: .
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo sep 25, 2005 5:57 pm

More injury worries for Arsenal.......

from bbc.co.uk

"Gilberto doubtful for Ajax trip

Brazilian midfielder Gilberto Silva is doubtful for Arsenal's Champions League trip to Ajax after injuring his ankle against West Ham on Saturday.
Striker Thierry Henry has already been ruled out because of a groin injury, Robin van Persie is suspended and Dennis Bergkamp is highly doubtful.

Gilberto left Upton Park on crutches and Gunners boss Arsene Wenger said: "It doesn't look good.

"With all the injuries at the moment we just can't afford to lose Gilberto."

Wenger has already assessed forward Bergkamp's chances of beating a back and groin problem at only 2% and the Gunners have shortages in midfield and up front.

Arsenal's attack could be led by young Spaniard Jose Antonio Reyes, partnered by Quincy Owusu-Abeyie.

The injury may also leave Arsenal short on experience in midfield - where teenager Francesc Fabregas and 21-year-old Mathieu Flamini may be asked to fill the gaps.

The positive news for Wenger is that Robert Pires, who missed the goalless draw at West Ham, has a good chance of playing in Amsterdam."
:D

Come on Ajax - give me a better game than the last time I saw Arsenal :eusa_dance:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » zo sep 25, 2005 6:01 pm

Ah well, always the same rumours. Psychological ware-fare. Wouldn't surprise me if all are fit, except for Van Persie and Bergkamp on tuesday.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo sep 25, 2005 6:52 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:Ah well, always the same rumours. Psychological ware-fare. Wouldn't surprise me if all are fit, except for Van Persie and Bergkamp on tuesday.
True, but if the rumours are right its going to be a clinic at the Arena on tuesday. We also have a handfull of injuries, a 0-0 result would not surprise me.I still think we have the edge though...
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo sep 25, 2005 6:57 pm

My prediction is 0-0. Both teams have trouble scoring (and Arsenal miss almost all of their strikers). Arsenal have more quality than Ajax, but are Champions League underachievers. Also, they won their first game and will be satisfied with a draw at the ArenA. I don't think they'll be in much of a 'hurry'.

0-0 would not be bad at all. It would mean we have two points, with two games against Thun plus the home game against Sparta Prague (without Poborsky from now on!) still coming up... That wouldn't be bad.

K.
Still alive...

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » zo sep 25, 2005 8:06 pm

It sounds weird, but I think that Ajax is overrating Arsenal. Surely, respect for Arsenal they have a nice team. But they are no top team, without Henry and Van Persie there is no creativity. Ajax has to play its game, just like against AZ, Aso and Roda JC. Campbell and Toure are 2 giants, but also pretty slow. If Pienaar or Lindenbergh (if Sneijder doesn't play) plays on the "number 10" position, you cut right trough their defense.

If Rosales is fit, he can demolish Cole. On the left side we have a problem, maybe we can solve that problem to play with an offensive left-midfielder instead of Boukhari as left-winger, who is very very slow.

The only thing that Ajax has to prevent is going along with the tempo and pace of Arsenal. Ljungberg and Reyes are fast but if you play "smart" they'll just run themselves tired.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo sep 25, 2005 8:52 pm

Ajax Netwerk reports that Ajax went on training camp today (in the coastal town of Noordwijk) and that Hatem Trabelsi is not in the squad. So he won't play. That is now official and a 100% certainty. Zdenek Grygera, Wesley Sneijder, Mauro Rosales and Nigel de Jong did join the squad to Noordwijk, but they are doubtful for Tuesday. Let's hope they'll make it. Grygera and De Jong in particular. We really need them in the back.

K.
Still alive...

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » zo sep 25, 2005 8:53 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:If Rosales is fit, he can demolish Cole.
If C. Ronaldo couldn't do that, what makes you think an off-form Rosales can?

melvin_ajaxpoland
Contacteer:

Bericht door melvin_ajaxpoland » zo sep 25, 2005 9:55 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Grygera and De Jong in particular.
Don't forgrt Snijder. I think he can win this match for Ajax. Two good shots and bye bye Arsenal ! :yes:

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » zo sep 25, 2005 11:36 pm

Maduro is able to play ???

I think we can win ...IF Sneijder and Maduro play

Plaats reactie