Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

26 Feb 2006: Heracles Almelo - Ajax

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma feb 20, 2006 10:40 am

The next league game!

It will be played without Ajax supporters in attendance (in the away end, anyway). That is Ajax's punishment for the damage caused by Ajax supporters during 'Utrecht away', not too long ago.

Obviously, this is another one we have to win.

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma feb 20, 2006 7:03 pm

Synthethic grass... can you say OUCH!!!!! :D This one wont be easy since the herculean team has been playing pretty descent the whole season but hell!!!! We have "the Hunter" and "the Rose" must i say more???? :D
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 24, 2006 11:18 am

Hedwiges Maduro picked up a knock against Inter, but RTV Noord-Holland reports that he will be fit and ready to play on Sunday. Obviously, we are still without Galásek, Grygera, Sneijder, Pienaar and Mitea.

I would say:

-------------------------- Stekelenburg ----------------------------

Trabelsi -------- Heitinga --------- Vermaelen ----- Emanuelson

Maduro ------------------ Lindenbergh -------------- Sarpong ---

Rosales ----------------- Huntelaar --------------- Rosenberg ---

Boukhari back to the bench; Sarpong instead. Otherwise: no reason for changes.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr feb 24, 2006 4:11 pm

Ajax are certainly capable of creating the chances that will defeat Heracles without Sneijder. Rest him until a subs performance v. Sparta on 5 March, to get him ready for PSV and Milan.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr feb 24, 2006 4:16 pm

I also hope Ajax can achieve a lead of ,say, 1:3 and give Timisella another run out.The kid certainly didn't disgrace himself v. RBC.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

martijn401

Bericht door martijn401 » vr feb 24, 2006 4:25 pm

Trabelsi received his 4th yellow card against RBC,so is automatically suspended against Heracles

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 24, 2006 8:23 pm

martijn401 schreef:Trabelsi received his 4th yellow card against RBC,so is automatically suspended against Heracles
Oops, you're right. Totally forgot about that...

According to a report in newspaper Algemeen Dagblad Blind will choose between the two Young Ajax right fullbacks: Boakye and Timisela. I think, given Timisela's recent début and his presence on the bench against Inter, we can expect Timisela. He seems to bit a little bit closer to the starting eleven than Boakye at the moment.

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr feb 24, 2006 9:48 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
martijn401 schreef:Trabelsi received his 4th yellow card against RBC,so is automatically suspended against Heracles
Oops, you're right. Totally forgot about that...

According to a report in newspaper Algemeen Dagblad Blind will choose between the two Young Ajax right fullbacks: Boakye and Timisela. I think, given Timisela's recent début and his presence on the bench against Inter, we can expect Timisela. He seems to bit a little bit closer to the starting eleven than Boakye at the moment.

K.
We'll probably need him next year, so might as well get him some minutes now.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » vr feb 24, 2006 11:07 pm

I just have to applause Rosenberg who plays great even if he is out of place.

Bravo
May the Force be with you

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » za feb 25, 2006 3:37 am

He scores a lot, which is great. Playing well is a completely different thing though. There are games where he's almost completely invisible, apart from his goal(s).

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » za feb 25, 2006 2:02 pm

oh, for fuck' sake!

and now heitinga is out six weeks with a bruised kidney

between the relentless injury problems and the continuous ref crap, i don't ever want to hear us called "lucky AJAX" again
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » za feb 25, 2006 2:31 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:oh, for fuck' sake!

between the relentless injury problems and the continuous ref crap, i don't ever want to hear us called "lucky AJAX" again
So I guess we're heading to a "great" Vermaelen/Maduro duo in central defence. :xyxthumbs: :pukey:
meh :|

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » za feb 25, 2006 3:29 pm

How the hell do you bruise your kidney? Accident during the usual friday night internal surgery with the family?
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » za feb 25, 2006 4:48 pm

Missing Heitinga shouldn't be much of a problem against a team like Heracles. What I'm more worried about is who we're going to play against Inter. This really sucks.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » za feb 25, 2006 5:26 pm

Per schreef:

How the hell do you bruise your kidney? Accident during the usual friday night internal surgery with the family?
Yeah, Grolsch "surgery" after the game against Inter with his team mates....

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za feb 25, 2006 5:44 pm

Thomas schreef:He scores a lot, which is great. Playing well is a completely different thing though. There are games where he's almost completely invisible, apart from his goal(s).
If we're talking about the last seven or eight games here, I absolutely and completely disagree with you. Rosenberg has not only scored the goals, but played quite well, too.

K.
Still alive...

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » za feb 25, 2006 6:02 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Thomas schreef:He scores a lot, which is great. Playing well is a completely different thing though. There are games where he's almost completely invisible, apart from his goal(s).
If we're talking about the last seven or eight games here, I absolutely and completely disagree with you. Rosenberg has not only scored the goals, but played quite well, too.

K.
He's a constant threat but I still say he has too many 'Inter-moments' of invisibility. Times where he contributes nothing to our football.

ajaxperu

Bericht door ajaxperu » za feb 25, 2006 6:42 pm

Missing Heitinga shouldn't be much of a problem against a team like Heracles. What I'm more worried about is who we're going to play against Inter. This really sucks.
Since Grygera is also out I think it will be Maduro-Vermaelen but I heard Maduro was also injured but he could play against Heracles. The problem is that everytime the doctors in Ajax say a player can play, his injury gets worse. So I'm more worried about Maduro now, he's the only replacement for Heitinga and Grygera in the defense at the moment.

About the Rosenberg discussion, he has played really well lately and we have to consider the fact that he is playing in a position that is not too comfortable for him. I like the way he fights for every ball and he contributes a lot with the team. But sometimes I see that Ajax depends too much in the right side with Trabelsi and Rosales to begin the attacks and on the left the guy who usually begins everything is Urby. But I have to remember that Rosenberg is not a left winger and we wont see him doing the crosses Rosales does in the right. Anyway, I'm really happy with the attack we have now, lets just concentrate on our defense for the moment :yes:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za feb 25, 2006 8:10 pm

I see Yildirim is in the squad. Another one off the world's most famous youth production line . Played for the A1 today but at 18 he is obviously being earmarked for higher things.
I believe he is a midfielder !!!

If Maduro plays central defence tomorrow what will the midfield be??

Lindenbergh, Sarpong plus ????? Will Juanfran play left back and Urbs midfield or will we have to put up with Bouhkari ??

I take it we wont play Schilder in central defence as Timisela or Boayke will play right back??

One thing is for sure there will be alot of Dutch players in the squad.. Including Lindenbergh there will be 10 from our youth system plus of course KJH and Bouhkhari,is still Dutch born and raised.

The future is Bright the future is Orange could be the clubs motto at present.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za feb 25, 2006 9:06 pm

SPL schreef: The future is Bright the future is Orange could be the clubs motto at present.
lol, SPL is right of course but has 'borrowed' that from Orange mobile phones in the UK (in case anyone needs explaining)
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo feb 26, 2006 2:41 am

I also borrow that motto to explain Holland's world cup chances :D

Anyways wtf is wrong with our training program? More players seem to get injured easily I mean just cause we're not at best dun mean our players have die in training.

Agh. Rely on youth again, wonder how San Siro is going to turn out.
Get a Cock

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » zo feb 26, 2006 3:05 am

Vermaelen could miss out tomorrow as well. Blind could play Schilder and Boakye at the back. That way he doesn't have to shuffle around too much with the other players. If Blind does decide to shuffle he could post either Lindenbergh or Maduro at the back. What do you guys think he should do?

About Yildirim. From what I've heard, he's nothing special.

kaiser

Bericht door kaiser » zo feb 26, 2006 9:55 am

The result will be:
0-2
2x Rosenberg

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo feb 26, 2006 11:06 am

Yeah, fair chance Vermaelen won't be able to play. Which would mean: no Trabelsi, no Grygera, no Heitinga, no Vermaelen...

The back four might be Timisela, Boakye, Schilder and Emanuelson.

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » zo feb 26, 2006 12:01 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Yeah, fair chance Vermaelen won't be able to play. Which would mean: no Trabelsi, no Grygera, no Heitinga, no Vermaelen...

The back four might be Timisela, Boakye, Schilder and Emanuelson.

K.
Which is like.... 13 years old on average? GO AJAX YOUTH!!

Plaats reactie