26 Apr 2006: Ajax - FC Groningen

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo apr 26, 2006 9:08 pm

FT 2-0. Qualification is getting closer and closer.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo apr 26, 2006 9:09 pm

Charisteas is underrated.

But I'm worried. Huntelaar didn't score. I wonder if he's feeling ok. :D
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » wo apr 26, 2006 9:11 pm

:headbang: :headbang:
Oh well. 2-0 will do! At least I've won the airfare for two trips over to Amsterdam. If we can draw the 2nd leg, that'll be four matches where I fly for free!

Keep up the good work lads!
:worshippy: :worshippy:
:xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs:
34 will always be with us

Neefkens
Erelid

Bericht door Neefkens » wo apr 26, 2006 9:12 pm

at aveslacker:

:D

He will in Groningen :eusa_pray:

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo apr 26, 2006 9:23 pm

Great that we didn't concede anything . Was wishing for more, to really put Groningen under the gun, but surely Team Green must be feeling the heat just a bit. And, no question Ajax will want to deliver a little revenge for the loss in the league. What better way to deliver it by clinching a CL qualifying spot? P.S.Anyone know the link for the KEEP CHARI-STAY-AS CAMPAIGN. I'm signing that petition.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » wo apr 26, 2006 10:21 pm

Just in from game - mmmm well what can I say, result was good, perfromance less so. Great start but seemed to fade away a lot during first half. No width at all in team with no natural wingers. This meant a lot of long balls going through centre. 2nd half was better as Urby pushed forward supported by Babel when he came on. Great 2nd goal wonderfull created by Bhoukari and converted by Charisteas. 3 great chances missed, one by Huntelaar, Sneider and one by Babel right on whistle. Overall result was what counted but was apparent that without wingers Ajax are not a great creative force.

Now for next week :eusa_pray:

Night all
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

dws

Bericht door dws » wo apr 26, 2006 11:15 pm

The 90 minutes of Ajax v Groningen can be downloaded at www.denness.net/ :xyxthumbs:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo apr 26, 2006 11:37 pm

As I said yesterday we will go to Groningen with a first team next week and not a reserve defence and youth team in midfield.

If we lose by 3 or more goals then we should sack the lot.

2-0 is a satisfactory result. Hope that Wesley has come through and will be fit.

ajaxusa
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » do apr 27, 2006 12:07 am

dws schreef:The 90 minutes of Ajax v Groningen can be downloaded at www.denness.net/ :xyxthumbs:
Er, where exactly. I couldn't find a link to any Torrent or other download of video... What should I be looking for? Can you post an exact URL? Thanks.

dws

Bericht door dws » do apr 27, 2006 12:51 am

ajaxusa schreef:
dws schreef:The 90 minutes of Ajax v Groningen can be downloaded at www.denness.net/ :xyxthumbs:
Er, where exactly. I couldn't find a link to any Torrent or other download of video... What should I be looking for? Can you post an exact URL? Thanks.
1. Click on the link in my previous post.

2.navigate to the bottom of the page ..... where it says Bittorrent tracker click on the 'more info' link which is highlighted blue.

3.navigate down to torrent search. In the box available type the word ajax and then click on 'search'.

You will be presented with a list of Ajax matches. You want the Ajax v Groningen match ;) Click on the box in the 'torrent' column for Ajax v Groningen. :xyxthumbs:

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » do apr 27, 2006 2:03 am

Don't want to take the scenic route to Ajax-Groningen?
http://tracker.denness.net:6969/stats.h ... 3b30179d06
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do apr 27, 2006 2:21 am

Well were almost there guy's, nice too see Rosenberg score again, it's been a while since he's done that, could have been better but hey once again if we score one goal at their place than it's game over. Good night fellas.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

DrDuncan

Bericht door DrDuncan » do apr 27, 2006 8:05 am

Venezuelan Ajacied wrote
if we score one goal at their place than it's game over
I'm not so sure. They scored 3 against us (and several other teams) at home ... and with away goals not counting double, one might not be enough to stop this tie going to a third match.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do apr 27, 2006 8:08 am

well done Danny, keep up the good work : only two games to go before the holidays, and then the CL third round. :xyxthumbs:
Appie, stay strong !

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do apr 27, 2006 10:25 am

Just watched the Ultrasuid highlights. Could easily have been anywhere between 6-0 and 2-2. Hope those missed chances don't cost us in Groningen...

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » do apr 27, 2006 10:32 am

DrDuncan schreef:Venezuelan Ajacied wrote
I'm not so sure. They scored 3 against us (and several other teams) at home ... and with away goals not counting double, one might not be enough to stop this tie going to a third match.
They do count double. Also, there won't be a third match, only extra time and penalties.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do apr 27, 2006 11:41 am

Arthur schreef:
DrDuncan schreef:...with away goals not counting double, one might not be enough to stop this tie going to a third match.
They do count double. Also, there won't be a third match, only extra time and penalties.
This is true. The 'best of three' principle only applies to the promotion/relegation play-offs. All other play-offs have the 'European' knock-out principle.

Anyways, people... Match report is up on Ajax USA!

http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m05-06/ ... ingen.html

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do apr 27, 2006 1:47 pm

Which means that if we score one goal, it will almost certainly be over for Groningen.

We are getting closer to the CL, I can feel it.
Appie, stay strong !

Stevie Super Samba Skillz

Bericht door Stevie Super Samba Skillz » za apr 29, 2006 9:57 pm

DrDuncan schreef:Venezuelan Ajacied wrote
Remember, though, that that was hardly the Ajax team that played against them. The lineup had Timisela, Boakye, Anita, Sarpong, Schilder in it. Essentially a reserve team.
"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela

DrDuncan

Bericht door DrDuncan » zo apr 30, 2006 10:31 am

Stevie Super Samba Skills wrote
Remember, though, that that was hardly the Ajax team that played against them. The lineup had Timisela, Boakye, Anita, Sarpong, Schilder in it. Essentially a reserve team.
But those players' first team record is quite impressive. In 30 the games they have played between them they have 20 wins, 4 draws and 6 defeats - better than average for the rest of the squad. Maybe they should have played more often.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » zo apr 30, 2006 11:28 am

DrDuncan schreef: But those players' first team record is quite impressive. In 30 the games they have played between them they have 20 wins, 4 draws and 6 defeats - better than average for the rest of the squad. Maybe they should have played more often.

your mathematical logic is flawed in many ways
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

DrDuncan

Bericht door DrDuncan » zo apr 30, 2006 6:04 pm

Bluedaddy19 wrote
The maths may be dodgy, but the underlying point isn't. Our results were better when they played than when they didn't. Obviously not entirely due to their contribution - but their inclusion didn't weaken the team.

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » ma mei 01, 2006 5:18 pm

DrDuncan schreef:Bluedaddy19 wrote
The maths may be dodgy, but the underlying point isn't. Our results were better when they played than when they didn't. Obviously not entirely due to their contribution - but their inclusion didn't weaken the team.
No. Really. Both the math and the underlying point are dodgy. ;)

I don't see how we would have won 7-2 against Feyenoord and 2-0 against Groningen with your lot in the line-up.

Plaats reactie