Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

23 May 2006: VV Hierden - Ajax

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mei 19, 2006 8:06 am

Another very unimportant game.

On the other hand: the 2005-2006 season will really-really be finished after this one and it will also be the very, very last kickabout for Vonk, Boukhari, Anastasiou and a bunch of others. Don't think the World Cup boys will be there.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mei 24, 2006 12:23 am

The very last game of the season has been played, ladies and gentlemen... And Ajax won it: 1-10 at VV Hierden. I just published a match report on Ajax USA (to which Jim will add a picture a.s.a.p.).

http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m05-06/ ... erden.html

That was it then. Have a great World Cup - and a great summer!

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo mei 24, 2006 1:51 am

Thanks Ko, do the same!!
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mei 24, 2006 10:15 am

Just read a report of the Hierden game from a regional newspaper (De Stentor, regional paper for the central-east of The Netherlands). There was some information in it that I found so hilariously bizarre that I added it to the match report as an extra paragraph...
As for Danny Blind, Ruud Krol and Gerard van der Lem? They briefly spoke to their players after the game - and then went home. Ironic detail: Van der Lem will "go sailing with a mate" this summer. That mate is... Henk ten Cate. "I'm sure he will he have a few questions for me," smiled Van der Lem. "I will tell him what to prepare for."
Picture that... Van der Lem and Ten Cate sitting on a sailing boat in their swimming trunks, with their fishing rods. Out of the three coaches that have been fired, Van der Lem is the by far most 'angry' one. He's lashing out at the board in interviews and is extremely cynical about the whole thing.

I think Henk can prepare for some serious moaning... Hardly a relaxing holiday, I reckon... :D

K.
Still alive...

Plaats reactie