Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

22 Jul 2006: Dennis Bergkamp Testimonial

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jul 13, 2006 12:26 pm

This is not only the last big hurrah to Dennis Bergkamp, but also the official opening game of Arsenal's brand new Emirates Stadium and the first friendly of the pre-season campaign for Ajax with a complete squad. The seven 'World Cup boys' (Stekelenburg, Maduro, Heitinga, Sneijder, Babel, Grygera and Rosenberg) will be back and ready for action.

The festivities at Emirates Stadium will start at 3:00 PM Greenwich time. If my information is correct the actual game between Arsenal and Ajax will kick off at 5:00 PM. In the first half the current squads of Arsenal and Ajax will play each other. In the second half, past superstars of both clubs will be brought on as subs. I don't know how many Ajax greats will make the trip, but Johan Cruyff and Marco van Basten will be there.

I will be in London for this one and I can't wait. Should be one great day out.

K.
Still alive...

HBK

Bericht door HBK » do jul 13, 2006 4:39 pm

Looks good...

Q: How many ajax fans will make the way to London?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jul 13, 2006 4:58 pm

No idea. I know that Ajax have been alloctaed 3,000 tickets, but I don't think they'll sell that many. My last update was early last week. At that point 800 tickets had been sold. That number doesn't include the officials and Ajax Travel (package deals).

I really have no idea how many will go in total, but my feeling says 1,500 or so. 2,000 max.

K.
Still alive...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » do jul 13, 2006 6:11 pm

It could be better if Dennis Bergkamp had his testimonial in Ajax shirt... I really wanted his return to Amsterdam. Just for one season... Or even one month. Great player. One of my favourite Ajacieden.

Q: Do you know anything about his nearest future? Is he going to make any coaching course? It could be good when someone like him will coach Ajax youth...

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » do jul 13, 2006 8:47 pm

I think he will be more interested in golf than in football if I remember well...
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jul 13, 2006 8:50 pm

That is correct. Dennis Bergkamp is not the coaching type. He doesn't even really like the world of football if he can't play himself.

Having said that, for years everybody said the exact same thing about Marco van Basten...

But I can't see Bergkamp becoming a coach.

K.
Still alive...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » vr jul 14, 2006 10:19 am

Kowalczyk schreef:That is correct. Dennis Bergkamp is not the coaching type. He doesn't even really like the world of football if he can't play himself.

Having said that, for years everybody said the exact same thing about Marco van Basten...

But I can't see Bergkamp becoming a coach.

K.
Yeah, I remember (with regret) when Marco called it a day. From memory, he totally turned away from football. You just had this feeling though that he would be back. With Dennis, I just don't see it, but then really I have no friggin idea what I am talking about :D

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » za jul 15, 2006 10:04 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:No idea. I know that Ajax have been alloctaed 3,000 tickets, but I don't think they'll sell that many. My last update was early last week. At that point 800 tickets had been sold. That number doesn't include the officials and Ajax Travel (package deals).

I really have no idea how many will go in total, but my feeling says 1,500 or so. 2,000 max.

K.
This is sooo stupid...I've taken the official club tour at Arena and watched Ajax so I'm on the database, it's not like I'm a first time ticket buyer so since they have SOOOO many left overs, why not sell me a ticket? I'm really pissed.
AJACIED

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jul 17, 2006 4:21 pm

Match is live on Channel 5 4.45 start.

Hope you have agood day Ko.

I would like to have gone but nil chance of a ticket.

PS You were all talking of Denis's future will he be going back to Holland to live??

I was just telling an Arsenal mate what you were saying about him not coaching etc and my friend asked if he was going back home to Holland.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jul 26, 2006 4:01 pm

Bit of a dead thread, this one, due to the fact that Ajax Talk was down when the Bergkamp Testimonial was taking place...

Anyway: we do have a report on Ajax USA, of course....

http://www.ajax-usa.com/matches/m06-07/ ... adium.html

K.
Still alive...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » wo jul 26, 2006 5:00 pm

It must have been a great game... Dennis Bergkamp was one of the best players ever and it's a big blow for the football fans that he decided to end his career. I haven't seen the game yet, but I hope to see it soon. But in my opinion it will be better if Bergkamp will play first half as an Ajacied and then the second as Arsenal player. It will be really nice.

Thank you Dennis! :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy:

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do jul 27, 2006 6:33 am

Gol TV, which carries Arsenal TV here, showed the match on Tuesday . In the run up to the match , a fantastic program was aired about Dennis, his career, his family,etc.. I don't usually watch Gooner-vision , but I was glad to make this one exception. If you have Gol TV and can catch it, do so.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 28, 2006 1:17 pm

I watched it live and enjoyed it. Had great pleasure telling my son(Arsenal fan) that the first ever goal was scored by KJH. He should have had a hattrick but will save that for more important games.

The most skillfull bit of footy in the masters was by Van Basten. I did not see much of him when he was at his peak but that one bit of skill made me think what a great player he was.

A great send off for a great football player though.Hope Dennis has along and happy retirement.

PS Having only signed for us on 1st July I do not know how Stam qualified as an Ajax master.

Plaats reactie