Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

28 Oct 2006: SC Heerenveen - Ajax

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 23, 2006 6:54 am

After Wednesday's home game against Den Haag... on to a really tough one! Heerenveen away. Always a rough one in recent seasons.

(Always a fun trip, though... :bier: )

K.
Still alive...

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za okt 28, 2006 6:02 pm

Once again, its the 3 points that matters, because PSV will want to keep the pressure on us, so if we win today and then with Heracles hopefully we can hold them off until we meet them, although they are never an easy side to beat, (I was in the Amsterdam Arena when Ajax played them last season) , but i am sure we can get a result against them to widen the gap, and since they put up this banner saying 'Play offs are for losers' I want to see them in the Play offs'.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za okt 28, 2006 7:47 pm

Good news: Heernveen 0-1 Ajax
Bad news: De Mul scored.... Come on Huntelaar!!!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za okt 28, 2006 8:06 pm

0-2 Sneijder :yes:

dws

Bericht door dws » za okt 28, 2006 8:48 pm

Ajax was in complete control of this match. Heerenveen managed only two on target attempts to Ajax's ten. Ajax had twice the number of shots at goal as Heerenven.Most importantly: Ajax scored both goals in the contest. De Mul and Sneijder's goals were excellent finishes; De Mul collecting a through ball on the right side of the Heerenveen penalty area and driving his shot into the right corner of Vandenbussche's goal, Sneijder scored from a free kick from about 25 yards out and to the right of the Heerenveen goal.

That's three games running in which Ajax has completeley dominated its opponent - long may it continue. :yes:

ps: Tom De Mul looks increasingly like the 'real deal' on the right wing.
Laatst gewijzigd door dws op zo okt 29, 2006 10:05 am, 2 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo okt 29, 2006 2:26 am

Victories at Utrecht and Heerenveen? Talk about getting the 800 pound gorilla off your back. Two goals , a clean sheet, and no yellow for Jaap Stam. Perfect . I wonder if Jaap feels a sudden muscle twinge coming on. Nothing too " serious" . Muscle pain from getting out of an auto wrong, that sort of things.Just enough to miss the match v. Heracles Almelo and not bad enough to miss the next 800 pound gorilla on 12 November...PSV .
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » zo okt 29, 2006 2:42 am

Ayman schreef:Good news: Heernveen 0-1 Ajax
Bad news: De Mul scored.... Come on Huntelaar!!!
It's never bad news when an Ajax-player scores. Especially not if he's one of the on form players. De Mul has done well over the last three games.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo okt 29, 2006 3:17 am

Good win, shouldve been at least 4-0. But still good show.

I'd say rest Stam, Maduro and maybe even Sneijder against Heracles before the grudge match with PSV
Get a Cock

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » zo okt 29, 2006 3:33 am

ZoefdeHaas schreef:I'd say rest Stam, Maduro and maybe even Sneijder against Heracles before the grudge match with PSV
Yes and no. Yes as in; sure, whatever helps to beat Psv is good. And no as in; next week's opponents haven't lost a home match this season and have only conceded one goal at home so perhaps don't take this one too lightly.
zo 20/8 Heracles Almelo FC Twente 3-0 Eredivisie
za 16/9 Heracles Almelo FC Utrecht 3-0 Eredivisie
zo 15/10 Heracles Almelo SC Heerenveen 1-0 Eredivisie
wo 25/10 Heracles Almelo RKC Waalwijk 1-1 Eredivisie

__earth
Contacteer:

Bericht door __earth » zo okt 29, 2006 6:36 am

on the front page of ajaxusa, it shows it was Heerenveen that won, not Ajax.
but don't listen to me. I'm a pessimist.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo okt 29, 2006 9:50 am

Utrecht away, Feyenoord away, Den Haag at home, Heerenveen away...

Last season, we got precisely one point from those four fixtures. This season it's twelve.

It's true: Ajax were in complete control of this game. They were solid, determined and they should have scored more. They weren't even great, but Heerenveen never stood a chance. Totally sovereign performance. Gave me great faith in this team and in the future. They went to Heerenveen and grabbed the three points without even blinking their eyes.

K.
Still alive...

dws

Bericht door dws » zo okt 29, 2006 10:04 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Utrecht away, Feyenoord away, Den Haag at home, Heerenveen away...

Last season, we got precisely one point from those four fixtures. This season it's twelve.

K.
And a big fat zero in our goals against column as opposed to the nine goals conceded in the corresponding fixtures from last season. :cheer:

edit: should read as zero against in the fixtures v's Feyenoord, Den Haag and Heerenveen this season whilst conceding 9 (not 8) in the corresponding fixtures from last season.
Laatst gewijzigd door dws op zo okt 29, 2006 9:44 pm, 3 keer totaal gewijzigd.

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » zo okt 29, 2006 2:59 pm

dws schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:Utrecht away, Feyenoord away, Den Haag at home, Heerenveen away...

K.
And a big fat zero in our goals against column as opposed to the nine goals conceded in the corresponding fixtures from last season. :cheer:
And seeing we are on a sad statto front - 27 points from 10 games compared to 14 from the exact same fixtures as last season :D

Who's the next sad man with some stats
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo okt 29, 2006 3:05 pm

jamcocteau schreef:Who's the next sad man with some stats
Last season I drank about 734 beers before the game in Heerenveen, and another 326 beers after the game. This season I drank the exact same amount (I think), so the situation is stable and we may draw the conclusion that my drinking has nothing to do with Ajax's results. :D

K.
Still alive...

andy

Bericht door andy » zo okt 29, 2006 3:07 pm

For sure we're a hundred times a better team this season. But still we have the hardest match of them all in Nov 12. PSV, we just have to beat them or beat them, no other choice. They seem to have regained their form in the last matches so will have a tough battle against them. Plus, Ronald Koeman is no mediocre trainer, so it will also be a battle of wits between Henkie and him. We just have to win that game, the Eredivise could be at stake.
We are Cruyff; We are Van Basten; We are Bergkamp. WE ARE AJAX!!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » zo okt 29, 2006 5:34 pm

it is clear that we have to compare with the two other top teams, p$v, and AZ,not with our bad last season's start; ending 2nd or 5th would be the same, with this stupid play-offs;
so, well done guys, let's stay lonely at the top

:tifoajax:

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » zo okt 29, 2006 8:27 pm

Last two posts make fair enought points. But I dont agree that the PSV game is going to be a win or else the season is finished game.

Unlike the last 2 seasons we will be probably be going into this game ahead of PSV - a defeat for them is going to be a huge blow for them and will mean a 5 point gap opening up. A draw will still leave us 2 points ahead.

I know I would hope we win this game but it is clearly not a game that is going to finish the season off if we dont win it.

For once the pressure will be on PSV to win this game and it will be interesting to see which team has the most bottle.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Match Report

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 30, 2006 10:13 am

Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » ma okt 30, 2006 10:18 am

It's Rob Friend, Ko. Not Simon.

Simon is in a band called The Levellers. (Google tells me)

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 30, 2006 10:31 am

Steef schreef:Simon is in a band called The Levellers. (Google tells me)
*LOL* That's exactly where my mistake come from... HAHAHA.

Thanks!

K.
Still alive...

Plaats reactie