Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

12 Nov 2006: Ajax - PSV

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za nov 04, 2006 11:54 am

The cracker!

For many years we've been absolutely useless against PSV (always seemed to lose), but there is hope. Last season the balance was actually quite positive: an unfortunate 1-0 loss in Eindhoven, 0-0 in Amsterdam and two wins (both of 2-1) for the Johan Cruyff Shield and the Gatorade Cup.

Which means we no longer have a 'PSV trauma'. We can beat them. That win in the cup final was a major boost.

But we will have to start winning games in the league against them, starting now. It's going to be a tight race this season. Both teams don't seem to make a lot of mistakes against smaller teams, and I expect it to stay that way. Dropping five or six points in the head-to-head clashes may well be fatal. This is a very important game.

K.
Still alive...

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » za nov 04, 2006 3:21 pm

You forgot the 3-1 win in this year's JC Shield.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » zo nov 05, 2006 11:35 am

:headbang: :headbang:
The clock is ticking now!

Countdown to the big one!

:hdg:

:xyxthumbs:
34 will always be with us

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » zo nov 05, 2006 12:45 pm

I'm there!

Really looking forward to it and have a good felling that we'll actually will give them a good game and come away with a win!

/ Per
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

andy

Bericht door andy » zo nov 05, 2006 1:38 pm

Winning that game could give Ajax an aura of invicibility. It would so nice to se the boers humbled in their own ground. But more important gaining that five point gap between would be golden.
We are Cruyff; We are Van Basten; We are Bergkamp. WE ARE AJAX!!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma nov 06, 2006 11:34 am

will Heitinga play this one, or will he get suspension because of his red card against Heracles ?

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di nov 07, 2006 7:02 am

philippe schreef:will Heitinga play this one, or will he get suspension because of his red card against Heracles ?
We know the answer to your question since yesterday: Heitinga accepted a settlement proposal of two games, including one conditional. Which means he will be suspended against ADO Den Haag, but available against PSV!

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di nov 07, 2006 9:13 am

Looks like we can not afford to lose this game. Since p$v are already qualified for the CL 1/8 finals, I assume they will put all their strength. My prediction will be 2-2.
Then we would still be leading.

denos

Bericht door denos » di nov 07, 2006 1:04 pm

WIN WIN WIN....thats what i see for the derby. This year's team has a lot of potential in all competiions :headbang:

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za nov 11, 2006 2:29 am

Tough match it would be I assume. Both teams on form, and both have excellent players.

PSV have got a better goalscoring frontline at the moment, but Ajax's defence seem to be more technically skilled.

I think Ajax's midfield is more creative and stronger, and that would b the key.

I'm confident Ajax can get a good result, maybe not that big but I'm predicting a 1-0 win for Ajax with a goal from Perez.
Get a Cock

andy

Bericht door andy » za nov 11, 2006 3:25 am

Time to take on the boers. Hopefully this Ajax can teach them a lesson they won't forget. Both teams are looking very strong at the moment so it will be a titanic clash.
We are Cruyff; We are Van Basten; We are Bergkamp. WE ARE AJAX!!

Ajacied1988

Bericht door Ajacied1988 » za nov 11, 2006 7:53 pm

PSV is tough yes! they have a balanced team with young and elder players but I think HTC is smarter than Koeman.

Lets pray AJAX WIN!!! a draw is would be nice too because we would still be @ the top of the table :D

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo nov 12, 2006 12:30 pm

Almost time people, get the popcorn ready !!!!
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Ajacied1988

Bericht door Ajacied1988 » zo nov 12, 2006 2:27 pm

pfff PSV are luckers man! Ajax were better!

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo nov 12, 2006 2:32 pm

Copenhagen-Ajax al over again, fucking hell....this one is gonna hurt for a couple of day's. How can a team have 2 so diferent faces is beyond me. First Half: Excellent
Second Half: Dismal,horrible etc etc etc

This team always builds up our hope's but they just cant seem to win the most important game's. We still have not beaten a top European team.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo nov 12, 2006 2:34 pm

Ajacied1988 schreef:pfff PSV are luckers man! Ajax were better!
Maybe so but at the end of the day the silverware goes to the winner, Ajax today lacked the killer instinct of a champ. Let's hope we find it before the season end's.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

dws

Bericht door dws » zo nov 12, 2006 2:34 pm

Piss poor second 45 from Ajax. We have continued our run of failure against the nothing more than competent PSV.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo nov 12, 2006 2:39 pm

Lucky PSV indeed, but you can't say much about Ajax's performance except below standards. Though Ajax played someways better, PSV did lock out Huntelaar (that guy doesnt a deserve an Oranje call up right now), and close out any creative force Ajax mightve had. Lucky Koeman, smiling right now. We need to bounce back fast, the winter stop is a very important

0-1.
Get a Cock

dws

Bericht door dws » zo nov 12, 2006 2:43 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef: We still have not beaten a top European team.
And we didn't lose to one.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo nov 12, 2006 2:58 pm

Ajacied1988 schreef:PSV is tough yes! they have a balanced team with young and elder players but I think HTC is smarter than Koeman.

Lets pray AJAX WIN!!! a draw is would be nice too because we would still be @ the top of the table :D
I was somewhat disapointed with Ten Cate's strategy and substitution's. First of all the false left wing setting just did not work today, Huntelaar at times had too drift to the left wing just to recieve the ball...he should be in the center of the box waiting for crosses and through balls not doing the former.The team had no depth whatsoever on the left side of the pitch, Vermealen rarely went up his flank, Urby drifted to the center instead of taking the left wing, Perez and Sneijder tried too go through the left side but without help from the sideback's their was just not much they could do. A natural left winger and Urby back on the leftback position would have made things better. all of our vatacks from the flank's came from the right side.

Now the sub's....

1)De Mul wasnt playing badly to deserve a substitution, Rosales was just dreadfull, plain and simple. Bad Sub.

2)As much as i would like too see Rosenberg get more playing i think this was just not the moment nor the proper opponent to have him come in against, Rosenberg is a streaky player he needs playing time too build confidence before starting a goal spree, Huntelaar although not in form at the moment can score at anytime and from nowhere.If Ten Cate wanted to cause pressure too the PSV defense he should have used both of them, he could have taken out one of the defenders ( i would have chosen Vermealen) and inserted Rosenberg besides Huntelaar. something like a 3-3-4. Well he dident do it. Bad Sub

3)Ok so im happy for Mitea, he has worked hard to come back and the kid is pretty good but once again i should ask why now and against this opponent, Manucharyan has been playing very well recently, why the switch all of a sudden ???. Bad Sub

4) In the second half we lost the midfield battle, we needed a sub in midfield not on the wings !!!! Maduro or even Roger could have made things better. But it dident happen.

Hell...im done boy's and as you can see pissed. I'm going too sleep, see ya guy's later.

Peace.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Sevag

Bericht door Sevag » zo nov 12, 2006 3:39 pm

I was disappointed not to see Manucharyan play, when he comes on he brings some pace to the game, it's just that extra lift of tempo that can snatch a goal.

The lineup is always changing every game, need some consistency from the manager.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo nov 12, 2006 4:45 pm

hi guys I just woke up, I had a dream, a weird one, first it waas 2-3 to psv, then 3-2 to ajax. Funny eh? But the dire reality is there X'C

De Aanvoerder

Bericht door De Aanvoerder » zo nov 12, 2006 7:18 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:
Ajacied1988 schreef:PSV is tough yes! they have a balanced team with young and elder players but I think HTC is smarter than Koeman.

I was somewhat disapointed with Ten Cate's strategy and substitution's. First of all the false left wing setting just did not work today, Huntelaar at times had too drift to the left wing just to recieve the ball...he should be in the center of the box waiting for crosses and through balls not doing the former.The team had no depth whatsoever on the left side of the pitch, Vermealen rarely went up his flank, Urby drifted to the center instead of taking the left wing, Perez and Sneijder tried too go through the left side but without help from the sideback's their was just not much they could do. A natural left winger and Urby back on the leftback position would have made things better. all of our vatacks from the flank's came from the right side.
The left wing situation has to be sorted out. Ajax can win everything we touch this year, if only we play the first half side. No more of the second please

Now the sub's....

1)De Mul wasnt playing badly to deserve a substitution, Rosales was just dreadfull, plain and simple. Bad Sub.
De Mul was awesome..until he ran his legs off. Rosales was a good sub. I would have paid one leg for those same two passes that he had on Thursday that led to goals against ADO.

2)As much as i would like too see Rosenberg get more playing i think this was just not the moment nor the proper opponent to have him come in against, Rosenberg is a streaky player he needs playing time too build confidence before starting a goal spree, Huntelaar although not in form at the moment can score at anytime and from nowhere.If Ten Cate wanted to cause pressure too the PSV defense he should have used both of them, he could have taken out one of the defenders ( i would have chosen Vermealen) and inserted Rosenberg besides Huntelaar. something like a 3-3-4. Well he dident do it. Bad Sub

Agreed. The Hunter had a bad game, but he only needs to tap it home once to save 2 points.
Play Rosenberg..another time.

4) In the second half we lost the midfield battle, we needed a sub in midfield not on the wings !!!! Maduro or even Roger could have made things better. But it did'nt happen.
Maduro might have been good
Peace.
Indeed

We can beat PSV; lately we often do. Now you must win almost every game and up to and including 10 December when we host AZ

Hup Ajax Hup

De Aanvoerder

Bericht door De Aanvoerder » zo nov 12, 2006 7:37 pm

My friend believes it would have been 0-0 if not for Vermaelen's poor defending soon before the free kick for the goal when he failed to run down a slow ball on the goal line with Kone at his heels.

Any thoughts from you lot?

Hup Ajax Hup

dws

Bericht door dws » zo nov 12, 2006 7:42 pm

De Aanvoerder schreef:We can beat PSV; lately we often do.
Not in the league.

Plaats reactie