Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

08 Apr 2007: RKC Waalwijk - Ajax

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma apr 02, 2007 9:58 am

Can't wait 'til the next one!

We're in such a comfortable position now... On Wednesday we can all sit back and enjoy PSV vs Liverpool. I don't care about the result, as long as it's a heavy battle. An injury or two would be nice. Having said that, I hope that PSV will still be 'alive' for the return leg (the Anfield game must be on their minds when they travel to Nijmegen).

Then, next weekend, it's NEC vs PSV and RKC Waalwijk vs Ajax. Mind you: I think that this one is actually our toughest remaining match. RKC are fighting for survival and they've actually grabbed quite a few points since the winter break. They brought a few new players in in January and they're definitely a harder nut to crack than they were before the winter.

I don't think we will put a big score on the boards over there. In this phase of the competition you won't beat a 'relegation candidate' 6-0. Results like that are possible against bottom half teams who are pretty much safe, such as (by the time we play them) Sparta and Willem II. Right now, playing opponents like RKC and Excelsior can be a bit tricky.

Den Haag are a different story cos they're dead meat (irrelevant information, but I just wanted to mention it... :D ).

I will be 100% satisfied with every win. Also with a 0-1 or 1-2.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma apr 02, 2007 12:07 pm

Nice one, by the way: NEC vs PSV will be played on Saturday evening, 20:00. I can see another nice evening at the pub coming up.

COME ON :nec:

MAKE OUR DAY!
:tifoajax:

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma apr 02, 2007 1:25 pm

my prediction for this one will be a draw : not enough but would put some more pressure on Philips :nailbite:
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 03, 2007 10:14 am

Okay, so Stam is out... That's a bit of a problem, but not to worry.

----------------------------- Stekelenburg --------------------------------

--- Ogararu -------- Heitinga -------- Vermaelen ---------- Urby ------

------ Gabri ----------------- Sneijder -------------- Davids -------------

------ De Mul ------------------ KJH ---------------- Babel --------------

The bench will be a little bit 'light-weight', probably, but come on: it should be enough to beat RKC.

K.
Still alive...

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » di apr 03, 2007 11:23 am

Do you really think Vermaelen will be ready for this one ? I think it will be too soon if he just started to train normally yesterday. Van der Wiel may well have another chance to play.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » di apr 03, 2007 11:51 am

i just hope that we won't see Lindenbergh in starting line-up :D
psv are in realy bad physical condition, even koeman admited that, so those two games with l'pool should kill them, especialy before twente game. i think they will be fu*king tired in second half against twente. so twente just needs to hold on the first half and everything will be just fine :xyxthumbs:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 03, 2007 12:04 pm

Van basten schreef:(...) those two games with l'pool should kill them, especialy before twente game. i think they will be fu*king tired in second half against twente. so twente just needs to hold on the first half and everything will be just fine :xyxthumbs:
Everybody seems to be talking about the Twente game, but I will put my money on the NEC away game. PSV must lose this upcoming weekend. If they win over there, they will beat Twente as well. I have a bad feeling about that game, because it's in Eindhoven and because of the fact that there are too many PSV people in Enschede (Aissati and the two Twente coaches, for example).

NEC, this upcoming Saturday - that's where it will have to happen.

K.
Still alive...

Jesse

Bericht door Jesse » di apr 03, 2007 12:05 pm

So :nec:
"Well, maybe Bob Dylan was wrong. Maybe you do have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows."

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 03, 2007 12:06 pm

Indeed: :nec:

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di apr 03, 2007 12:32 pm

Both NEC and Twente imo.

Afterall Twente did defeat them at the start of the season, while NEC lost. If both win or draw, we can rush on as 1st place.
Get a Cock

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » di apr 03, 2007 12:45 pm

i put my money on utrecht away. maybe they play crap this year and maybe psv almost always beat them, but if always count just on statistic, then we should lose in eindhoven, but we know what happened there. utrecht have what to prove and every game is a new story, so i wouldn't discard them

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » wo apr 04, 2007 3:05 pm

If P$V play as badly as they did last night, they will lose every remaining game this season.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do apr 05, 2007 9:03 am

The Purple Cow schreef:If P$V play as badly as they did last night, they will lose every remaining game this season.
On Saturday they will be without Alex and Koné (who were already missing), but also without Méndez (knee), Farfán (hamstring) and quite possibly without Afellay (hamstring) and Cocu, who was walking around like a dead man against Liverpool. That lot are seriously running out of fuel and ammo. I have a very strange feeling about the NEC game on Saturday... :yes:

Having said that: here's the nightmare scenario... PSV lose they three or four points they are supposed to lose, but we fail to grab the full 12 from our last four games... Ever thought of that? We depend on PSV losing points, but even if they do we can still fuck it up ourselves...

K.
Still alive...

Ramona
Erelid, Toto winner 03/04, 17/18, EC 08

Bericht door Ramona » do apr 05, 2007 9:22 am

Kowalczyk schreef: I have a very strange feeling about the NEC game on Saturday... :yes:

K.
Brrrrrr...I'm getting nervous... :nailbite:

Come ON NEC!!! :nec:

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » do apr 05, 2007 10:58 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
The Purple Cow schreef:If P$V play as badly as they did last night, they will lose every remaining game this season.
On Saturday they will be without Alex and Koné (who were already missing), but also without Méndez (knee), Farfán (hamstring) and quite possibly without Afellay (hamstring) and Cocu, who was walking around like a dead man against Liverpool. That lot are seriously running out of fuel and ammo. I have a very strange feeling about the NEC game on Saturday... :yes:

Having said that: here's the nightmare scenario... PSV lose they three or four points they are supposed to lose, but we fail to grab the full 12 from our last four games... Ever thought of that? We depend on PSV losing points, but even if they do we can still fuck it up ourselves...

K.
I thought about that last point you made. But for Ajax it is plain and simple. Ajax' one and only mission is to win an to score goals. If Ajax plays on full attack, I don't think teams like NAC or RKC stand a chance. It will be like the home game against Werder Bremen. We don't have to look back, litteraly! Yes we miss Stam and Grygera, but it doesn't matter anymore. The players and coach don't have to think about a tie of something, it's just out of the question. And with all attackers fit, I see no problem. Babel, Huntelaar, De Mul, Sneijder, Perez all can make goals.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do apr 05, 2007 11:03 am

the way i see it ajax have nothing to lose. psv have to worry about defending their title and staying in champions league (which theyre proll already out).

our toughest upcoming game is probably NAC, but all the other teams are also still fighting. but ajax are now motivated and surely wont fuck up
Get a Cock

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do apr 05, 2007 5:25 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:the way i see it ajax have nothing to lose.
The way i see it Ajax have nothing more to lose. :sly:
Appie, stay strong !

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do apr 05, 2007 7:17 pm

I'll go more mental than usual , I'm awaiting the arrival of the rubber truck as it is , if I try to think of the various scenarios . Ajax , JUST WIN BABY!! Let everything else...PSV ,AZ( on tv here v. Werder in a bit..more fixture congestion for an Ajax rival), etc.. sort itself out.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr apr 06, 2007 2:19 am

I don't get this idea that these guys are going to be tougher because they're facing relegation. They're facing relegation for a reason -- because they suck.

Also, it's not as if Ajax have nothing to fight for, right? The possibility of ending their title drought has got to be as much motivation as that facing the relegation strugglers, no?

Furthermore, there's no doubt who has more talent. So if the motivation is a wash, then the talent should make the difference, and that means that Ajax should win.

Let's hope I'm right. :blush:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr apr 06, 2007 10:16 am

aveslacker said:
I don't get this idea that these guys are going to be tougher because they're facing relegation. They're facing relegation for a reason -- because they suck.

Also, it's not as if Ajax have nothing to fight for, right? The possibility of ending their title drought has got to be as much motivation as that facing the relegation strugglers, no?

Furthermore, there's no doubt who has more talent. So if the motivation is a wash, then the talent should make the difference, and that means that Ajax should win.

Good points made.... Furthermore I just feel that PSV is like a feeble skeleton being smashed left right and centre whoever they face. As for Ajax, they will be highly motivated, and I doubt they will blow the title race for the third time.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » vr apr 06, 2007 12:31 pm

As for Ajax, they will be highly motivated, and I doubt they will blow the title race for the third time.
we aren't owners of our fate, the situation looks not bad for us at the moment, but everything can change if psv will win tomorow. they are like wounded beast now and they will fight till the end. so don't rush things people

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr apr 06, 2007 2:40 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:Do you really think Vermaelen will be ready for this one ?
according to Dutch newspapers he is ready and will play this week end's game :xyxthumbs:
Appie, stay strong !

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » vr apr 06, 2007 6:44 pm

philippe schreef:according to Dutch newspapers he is ready and will play this week end's game :xyxthumbs:
:headbang: :headbang:
Good News that he's back!

It'll be even better if Stam makes his comeback in the Cup Final......AFTER we've won the League!!

:xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs:
34 will always be with us

qezu

Bericht door qezu » za apr 07, 2007 9:16 pm

Super Great result. PSV just lost 1-2. Come on Ajax..

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo apr 08, 2007 3:18 am

I really hope Ajax wins as does the rest of you. This and next week will be crucial. This is our last chance, if we fuck it up we can probably forget it.

Next week PSV will play Twente, and hopefully drop more points, but we will play NAC. Breda is probably the hardest club we'll face right now so that will prove decisive.

PSV will then have Utrecht, Vitesse, while Ajax will also play Sparta and Willem II
Get a Cock

Plaats reactie