Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

souras84

Re: Players Leaving Ajax

Bericht door souras84 » di jan 23, 2018 1:44 pm

Having seen Orejela play, I'd prefer we kept him instead of Zeefuik. Plus we should somehow sell Veltman
May the Force be with you

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di jan 23, 2018 6:53 pm

souras84 schreef:Having seen Orejela play, I'd prefer we kept him instead of Zeefuik. Plus we should somehow sell Veltman
Why should Veltman be sold? What about the centre back position? Per Schuurs would be too young, and will be at Jong Ajax in his first season, Magallan the Argentinian who plays for Boca Juniors would take time to settle in. Veltman would be a perfect partner for de Ligt. Yes Zeefuik needs to go, and Orejuela belongs either in Jong Ajax or go on loan. Which means, oddly enough Ajax would need another right back, a back up for Rassmus Nissen Kristensen, I am of course thinking of Vurnon Anita, now that would mean Ajax would have strength in depth.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jan 23, 2018 9:41 pm

Ayman schreef:oddly enough Ajax would need another right back, a back up for Rassmus Nissen Kristensen, I am of course thinking of Vurnon Anita, now that would mean Ajax would have strength in depth.
Wasn't one of the reasons Anita left was he didn't like playing full back?
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di jan 23, 2018 10:03 pm

Orange14 schreef:
Ayman schreef:oddly enough Ajax would need another right back, a back up for Rassmus Nissen Kristensen, I am of course thinking of Vurnon Anita, now that would mean Ajax would have strength in depth.
Wasn't one of the reasons Anita left was he didn't like playing full back?
I thought it was due to the fact that Ajax didn't renew his contract early enough so he felt the club didn't value him?

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di jan 23, 2018 10:09 pm

Ayman schreef:
Orange14 schreef:
Ayman schreef:Zeux wrote:
It shows why this New Policy is very dangerous. They want to build a strong team by letting it grow over time with youth players. But as soon as they have one great year, they move along. So you will never build a strong competative team, because the young players just don't stick around long enough when they mature.

I guess I disagree, it's more a result of the management disruption over the past several years and not paying attention to contract extensions. By all rights, Anita's contract should have been extended last summer or January at the latest. They seem to be taking care of business now with a bunch of extensions in the past couple of months.

Yep, by your own words @Oranje14 :hypocrite.gif:

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo jan 24, 2018 6:15 pm

According to Gianluca Di Marzio, Ajax have accepted a €5 million offer from Napoli for Amin Younes.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jan 24, 2018 7:24 pm

Ajax showtime ,which is usually very good with news says its a done deal.Could rise to 8m .Ajax want a replacement.

Last summer we had an offer in the region of 15m .Clearly Ajax cannot invoke the option but I would say if he had a contract to 2019 we would not get more than 10m .He has been poor this season ,no assists and the only goal was a shot from Ziyech that came off his head. A good dribbler but zero end result . 5m is ok.

Neres and Kluivert are on form and only 15 games left but we have no backup as Johnsen is not good enough so we need another winger now. Still not certain that Kluivert signs another contract and Spurs rumoured to offer 50m euros for Neres!!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo jan 24, 2018 7:29 pm

SPL schreef:Ajax showtime ,which is usually very good with news says its a done deal.Could rise to 8m .Ajax want a replacement.

Last summer we had an offer in the region of 15m .Clearly Ajax cannot invoke the option but I would say if he had a contract to 2019 we would not get more than 10m .He has been poor this season ,no assists and the only goal was a shot from Ziyech that came off his head. A good dribbler but zero end result . 5m is ok.

Neres and Kluivert are on form and only 15 games left but we have no backup as Johnsen is not good enough so we need another winger now. Still not certain that Kluivert signs another contract and Spurs rumoured to offer 50m euros for Neres!!

Neres won't go, it's safe to say he will stay, not sure about Kluivert, did he have a verbal agreement previously? And just stalling for no reason? As for the wing situation, I agree, Johnsen is poor, but Lang can play on the right. I don't think Ajax should sign a left winger though, since Bande is coming at the end of the season. So the left footed wing position would end up being congested. I wish we could sign Moses Simon, but the chances of that happening is virtually zero.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jan 24, 2018 8:32 pm

Neres wont go now but if someone comes up with 50m in the summer we may be tempted.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo jan 24, 2018 8:42 pm

SPL schreef:Neres wont go now but if someone comes up with 50m in the summer we may be tempted.
Who is going to pay 50 million for a player who hasnt proven himself at the highest level? Unlike Davinson Sanchez who did, I think it's safe to say Neres will stay for at least another season.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jan 24, 2018 9:02 pm

Ajax were really lucky to get Sanchez as his club team was very strong and made it to the finals of the South American CL. It was really surprising that another European club didn't scout him as well as Ajax did.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jan 24, 2018 9:24 pm

Football fees are crazy but its only a rumour. I would hope Kluivert and Neres stay another year but just pointing out there are lots of hype and rumours about interest in them.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo jan 24, 2018 10:15 pm

Orange14 schreef:Ajax were really lucky to get Sanchez as his club team was very strong and made it to the finals of the South American CL. It was really surprising that another European club didn't scout him as well as Ajax did.
Didn't Barcelona scout him, and wanted him, he only refused because he knew he would be sent to the Barcelona B team. He wanted senior team football, and to play in Europe. Thats why he chose Ajax.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » wo jan 24, 2018 11:58 pm

Ayman schreef:
Orange14 schreef:Ajax were really lucky to get Sanchez as his club team was very strong and made it to the finals of the South American CL. It was really surprising that another European club didn't scout him as well as Ajax did.
Didn't Barcelona scout him, and wanted him, he only refused because he knew he would be sent to the Barcelona B team. He wanted senior team football, and to play in Europe. Thats why he chose Ajax.
Correct.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 26, 2018 1:01 pm

We are only getting 5m for Younes and no add ons. Napoli were going to pay the 5m over 3 instalments but will now pay it in one go so we are giving up 2.8m!! We will get a resale clause. As usual we should never sell to Italian clubs they never pay the proper sums.

Pascal Struijk an 18 year old defender in our U19 team is joining Leeds Utd in the English Championship. He joined us in summer 2016 from ADO on a contract to 2018. Has played little for U19 this season and would have been released in the summer.

Good luck to him. Even our youths who are not good enough are getting signed up in England, last summer 2 x 17 year olds released by us joined West ham and Swansea.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jan 30, 2018 8:21 pm

Younes is not going to Napoli this week. Due to personal circumstances his transfer is off. No idea what its about.Seems like he will be in our squad for the rest of the season but that depends on this option that we are supposed to have.

If we are faced with him leaving in the summer for nothing I wouldn't play him again.Let him just train with Jong Ajax.

Ajax should have offered him a new contract after the Europa final ,even if was just to 2019. same with Viergever.Overmars has cocked up with these 2 .

Only other rumour Groningen looking to get Zeefuik. Dijks nothing heard.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di jan 30, 2018 8:41 pm

Younes' transfer is postponed till June, due to family reasons.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jan 31, 2018 12:24 pm

Younes is back in Amsterdam today. I read from the press the option is dependent on games played or if both sides agree.

Having followed the story and read other fans on Ajax showtime ,my take on it as follows.

With such a vague option Overmars should have got Younes to sign up for 2019 way back at the end of last season.
There has been mention of contract talk earlier this season and Younes said with an option to 2019 no rush .

Younes appears that he wanted to see this season out and Ajax would have just extended the option. If he got to the WC a decent transfer would come along.Ajax turned down 15m last summer so 10 to 15m may have been reached this summer.

It has gone wrong because he got injured in November and now sees Kluivert ahead of him.Prospects for the 2nd half of the season appear to be sub role for him so hence he decides to leave in January.

No idea what is happening now. Napoli can now sign him for nothing but Younes wont get much playing time and can forget the WC. If he intends to walk out in June for nothing then Ajax must not play him again .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jan 31, 2018 2:16 pm

New rumour Younes has turned down Napoli as Juventus have made him a better offer but that is based on him coming for free in the summer.

Ajax being taken for a ride!!

Gezond verstand

Bericht door Gezond verstand » wo jan 31, 2018 3:30 pm

souras84 schreef:Having seen Orejela play, I'd prefer we kept him instead of Zeefuik. Plus we should somehow sell Veltman
If you'd sen Orejuela play at Jong Ajax you would preferred to keep Zeefuik. There is a reason why Zeefuik has made more appearances in the squad than Orejuela

Veltman is doing good this season, I don't understand all the hate. He's by far our best right wing defender. Orejuela has been an expensive mistake and Zeefuik needs to get some more experience.
Fans van andere clubs
Ben je fan van een andere club, dan ben je welkom. Zolang je je maar niet al te provocerend gedraagt

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » wo jan 31, 2018 4:08 pm

I haven't seen Orejuela play, but I have seen Zeefuik over the last couple of years. IMO he hasn't got what it takes no matter if he is or isn't better than Orejuela.

Gezond verstand

Bericht door Gezond verstand » wo jan 31, 2018 7:29 pm

rjf1 schreef:I haven't seen Orejuela play, but I have seen Zeefuik over the last couple of years. IMO he hasn't got what it takes no matter if he is or isn't better than Orejuela.
If Zeefuik has what it takes is a whole different discussion. What I reacted on was picking Orejuela over Zeefuik based on the 25 minutes Orejuela played in de eredivisie, and not seeing his horrible play at Jong Ajax. Zeefuik might miss what it takes, but he's still better than Orejuela who won't make it at Ajax.
Fans van andere clubs
Ben je fan van een andere club, dan ben je welkom. Zolang je je maar niet al te provocerend gedraagt

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo feb 04, 2018 5:56 am

Bad news, Justin Kluivert's agent are in advanced talks with Man Utd for a fee of around £10 million for next season. I am almost certain it is true, despite the Daily Mirror reporting it. It makes sense, Raiola has lot's of deals with Man Utd. Ajax should let Kluivert rot in the reserves for this, he is only 18 and has no idea what he's doing, he should stay for a season or two, but now this is the end of his career.

ferry

Bericht door ferry » zo feb 04, 2018 11:16 am

Ok, so Ayman is in favor of benching Kluivert, and SPL wants the same for Younes. Hopefully there aren't too many other players planning a career path that doesn't include Ajax? We might have to play our O19's for the remaining season. :smallgrin.gif:

I agree with Ayman that it's way too early for Kluivert to make such a move, though. He's lacking consistency in his games. The last games under Then Hag he's been playing poorly, and at that level he simply won't get a chance at United. Kid still got loads to learn.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 04, 2018 1:07 pm

Hi Ferry , my wanting Younes benched is simply he is running down his contract and is not signing a new one. Ajax policy of such players is to not pick them. We have no back ups so Younes must be used.

Not sure what to make of the Kluivert story to Man u.He wont make their 1st team but if he does want out he is still under contract to 2019 so we cannot just drop him.

We cannot drop everyone who wants out but our policy is to drop those who run down their contracts and want out free ,ie. Younes.

Back to Raiola I will wait to see what he does with Kluivert. His other 2 players are Bakker,the talented 17 year old left back,he is contracted to 2019 and 18 in June so what will Raiola do.Also Ryan Gravenberch,16 in May ,and a talented attacking MF already in our U19.We are to offer him a 3 year deal but would not be surprised to see him at Chelski or in Manchester.

I think the time should soon come when we get rid of any player signed to this man.

Plaats reactie