Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: Players Leaving Ajax

Bericht door Orange14 » do dec 17, 2020 10:55 pm

Alvarez is a decent player who chose the wrong club to come to. He doesn't have the ball handling speed needed but I think he is good defender. So Ajax brought in two holding MFs who have washed out Marin and now Alvarez. Overmars may leave at the end of this season and one can safely say his work in the transfer market is clearly spotty. Given no match day revenue through January, I don't see Ajax bringing in any new players.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr dec 18, 2020 1:01 pm

Valencia want Alvarez on loan with option to buy.They have no money though!

Sparta Moscow want Promes back.Probably wont happen in January or until the legal proceedings end.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo dec 30, 2020 2:35 pm

SPL schreef:
vr jan 26, 2018 1:01 pm
Pascal Struijk an 18 year old defender in our U19 team is joining Leeds Utd in the English Championship. He joined us in summer 2016 from ADO on a contract to 2018. Has played little for U19 this season and would have been released in the summer.

Good luck to him. Even our youths who are not good enough are getting signed up in England, last summer 2 x 17 year olds released by us joined West ham and Swansea.
As a big fan of Marcelo Bielsa, I watch Leeds United every chance I get. I was impressed lately by Pascal Struijk and totally forgot that he was an Ajax youth player for two years. He's been starting for Leeds on the back line because of an injury to one of their regulars and doing well. He was let go at the time Perie came over from Heerenveen and Botman was still here. Perhaps this will go down as another player who left Ajax too soon.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do dec 31, 2020 2:48 pm

Not bad as he was not rated by us but 3 years later he is playing for Leeds.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo jan 13, 2021 5:46 am

Mino Raiola has informed Ajax known that Brian Brobbey (18 years old) - who spend his entire youth at Ajax and only played 3 games for the first team - will NOT sign a new contract at Ajax. source Orioldo menech

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » wo jan 13, 2021 8:50 am

Said it before, I'll say it again - the minute a player signs with Raiola, drop him from the club.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jan 13, 2021 1:15 pm

Brobbey was obviously not signing ,dont think he is injured now . I agree about Raiola but once Gravenberch leaves that should be it with Raiola.Only other pro with him is V Gelderen and he is never going to make it.

We have a lot of kids coming up for 16 and 17 who will get contracts and they should all be told no Raiola if you want to stay here.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jan 13, 2021 2:50 pm

SPL schreef:
wo jan 13, 2021 1:15 pm
We have a lot of kids coming up for 16 and 17 who will get contracts and they should all be told no Raiola if you want to stay here.
While I would also like to see that policy, it is likely illegal under EU anti-competitive regulations as it is in the United States.

EDIT: I really think Ajax should put release clauses into contracts of players. It is a requirement in the Spanish league and it would help both the player and team by agreeing to an up front transfer fee. I think they have this type of agreement with Tagliafico. I don't know if Gravenberch would sign an extension but it is worth trying.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jan 13, 2021 9:11 pm

Ajax dont have to offer contracts to 16 year olds so would not be breaking any laws by just saying they wont give a contract to a Raiola player.In fact they dont even have to say anything ie Warmerdam is nearly 19 no contract, Baas and Yah played for Jong ,both 17 but no contracts and several more of the u18's this season have no contracts.

As I posted yesterday Gravenberch wont extend so to get any decent money he will have to go this summer.Even with his father and pro footballer brother saying stay it still took for ever to agree his last contract which he signed last summer.

Having a kid at Ajax with Raiola is just a waste of the clubs time. Nearly every kid he has taken abroad aged 16 from us have done little. Some like Dilrosun,Redan could make it in Germany, Malen is doing ok but came back to Holland at 18.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo jan 13, 2021 11:14 pm

Gravenberch could still renew his contract, but it will probably be a year's extension with an option to renew for another year. Like de Ligts contract in 2018, it was renewed to 2021 with an option for a further year, yet he left 1 year after renewing his contract. So I would expect around 2 more years with Gravenberch whether he renews or not.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jan 16, 2021 8:40 pm

Read an article on Showtime this week that Ajax have put contracts for those youths born 2004 and 2005 on the back burner.

Well Julian Rijkhoff , a talented striker, 16 next week has signed for Dortmund .Again it seems Ajax have cocked up.

Rijkhoff along with Kalokah a left winger and midfielder Gabriel Misehouy are the 3 outstanding kids from 2005.We can now contract kids at 15 so what is Overmars doing? Evidently an initial offer was made but Rijkhoff turned it down and did not hear back from Ajax so Dortmund came in.

Brobbey is different as he has Raiola but Rijkhoff and the other 2 are not with him.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jan 18, 2021 8:10 pm

So my hero is off to Gelsenkirchen where he has a very tough job.

So long KJH a true pro, no ego ,mentally strong,motivated, an inspiration to the rest of the players and oh those last 3mins of magic in Twente last week as his Ajax farewell.

Lives in the small farming village where he grew up and lives with his childhood sweetheart. Once said his only talent seemed to be scoring goals and if clubs wanted to give him millions to do so he would be silly to say no. Pure class.

My absolute football hero and I will look at Schalke games and hope he rescues them. Thanks for all those goals for Ajax.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma jan 18, 2021 8:18 pm

Sorry to see him go. Glad he had a fitting final appearance for Ajax!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jan 19, 2021 1:11 am

I'll add my kudos to KJH. A consummate professional who never complained. In his prime he was as good a striker as anyone around. I still remember the year that he and Suarez were scoring by the boatload.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di jan 19, 2021 4:07 pm

Orange14 schreef:
di jan 19, 2021 1:11 am
I'll add my kudos to KJH. A consummate professional who never complained. In his prime he was as good a striker as anyone around. I still remember the year that he and Suarez were scoring by the boatload.
Good luck to KJH - always the true Ajacied. He's going to have a huge challenge to help Schalke not get relegated.

I'm sure SPL will keep giving us updates :biggthumpup.gif:

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » di jan 19, 2021 9:12 pm

you know the kind of guy he is when he’d rather risk being relegated from the bundesliga with schalke (still very likely) in his last season than win another title with Ajax (more likely scenario). best of luck kjh!

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » zo jan 24, 2021 6:19 pm

ajax and spartak close to a 12 million promes deal

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jan 24, 2021 7:56 pm

I think we should take the 12m but it leaves us short of an attacking player.With Kudus still not 100% fit we need another attacking MF

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » zo jan 24, 2021 8:20 pm

Do we have another winger standing by? Because selling Promes is good, but who's going to replace a winger that leaves...
May the Force be with you

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jan 25, 2021 1:38 am

souras84 schreef:
zo jan 24, 2021 8:20 pm
Do we have another winger standing by? Because selling Promes is good, but who's going to replace a winger that leaves...
Maybe Sontje Hansen?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di feb 02, 2021 8:19 pm

Promes not yet gone ,talk of a loan with no compulsory transfer.9m mentioned as the likely fee where as Overmars wanted 20m including add ons.

10m mark seems a decent amount for a player aged 29 who have never broken through at a top league.

Meanwhile Victor Jensen has been loaned out to a Danish club. He is nearly 21 had lots of injuries and wont make it at Ajax and with a contract still to 2023 I expect to see him sold in the summer. He has gone to the Danish club,Nordsjaelland where the young Ghanaian lad we fancy plays so we could knock a bit off the transfer fee if they want Jensen.We paid about 3m for Jensen but wont get that amount back.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo feb 03, 2021 6:09 pm

Brian Brobbey will leave Ajax this summer, Overmars has stated that he did everything he could to keep him. I guess with no guarantee of first team football like Gravenberch, this was expected.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo feb 03, 2021 7:48 pm

No real surprise as it dragged on for too long. I wont cheer if he wears our shirt again ,he should just train with Jong Ajax and not even play for them.

Ajax should not bother to ever offer a 15 or 16 year kid a contract if he is with Railoa.No employment laws laws will be broken.

Apart from V Gelderen ,who has been injured all season and wont make it we have just Gravenberch left with Raiola. His contract runs to 2023 but even with his father's guidance i dont see him renewing. I would sell him this summer .If we keep him to 2022 summer we wont get much for him.

Ajax and Raiola dont work so just get rid of the remaining 2 and never deal with this man again.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo feb 03, 2021 7:55 pm

Ayman schreef:
wo feb 03, 2021 6:09 pm
Brian Brobbey will leave Ajax this summer, Overmars has stated that he did everything he could to keep him. I guess with no guarantee of first team football like Gravenberch, this was expected.
I could pretend and say I'm shocked, but I'm truly not. We should've sold him last summer or at least in the winter transfer window.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo feb 03, 2021 8:28 pm

To make matters worse, Haller is unavailable for the Europa league.

Plaats reactie