New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Tom_

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door Tom_ » do jun 23, 2022 2:06 pm

i.e. Ajax have to sign 2 strikers? Or are we assuming Brobbey comes back?

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do jun 30, 2022 6:20 pm

Wijndal to Ajax confirmed. Fee reported to be 10M Euro. Comes on a 5 year deal.

This is great news. I've heard rumors of Salah-Eddine being sold to Club Brugge.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do jun 30, 2022 8:23 pm

Amol schreef:
do jun 30, 2022 6:20 pm
Wijndal to Ajax confirmed. Fee reported to be 10M Euro. Comes on a 5 year deal.

This is great news. I've heard rumors of Salah-Eddine being sold to Club Brugge.
Wijndal is better at attacking, while Malacia is better at defending, I really hope Malacia still goes to Lyon, I can't stand Man Utd and their arrogance, typical English Premier league fans

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jun 30, 2022 9:21 pm

Martinez is going so Blind will cover LCD .Salah-Eddine should move on he wont get much playing time here.Trouble is in Jong Baas is nothing special Ajax cocked up by not contracting Aning.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za jul 02, 2022 12:35 am

Brobbey's move to Ajax is in major doubt. Ajax are willing to pay 15 million Euros. Leipzig want 25 million Euros. They are also linked with Alvarez for 30 million Euros. Perhaps a swap deal plus cash from Leipzig?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jul 02, 2022 1:39 pm

I would not pay more than 10m for Brobbey but I guess 15 m tops. My pal a Man City fan says they have brought gold with Julian Alvarez from Argentina 15m. Tagliafico said back in October he was outstanding and we should buy.

We need to buy Wijndal and Bergwijn this week and move on from Brobbey with talk of 25m .I dont think Antony will go and with only Timber left as a quality Cd I would still keep Alvarez for DMF. Thus we dont need another MF or winger.

We badly need to buy left sided defenders only Blind and Wijndal with nothing in Young Ajax .They too need more left sided defenders.Salah-Eddine is going so Baas is the only LB with Young and Milovanovic at LCD .

We could do with another RB Rensch doesn't impress Klaiber is not Ajax material and Reeger not ready.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jul 02, 2022 2:38 pm

SPL schreef:
za jul 02, 2022 1:39 pm

We badly need to buy left sided defenders only Blind and Wijndal with nothing in Young Ajax .They too need more left sided defenders.Salah-Eddine is going so Baas is the only LB with Young and Milovanovic at LCD .
We could do with another RB Rensch doesn't impress Klaiber is not Ajax material and Reeger not ready.
Schreuder looks like he is playing reeger as a MF. Perie had a more than decent match today against Paderborn and had to make up for Magallan on at least two occasions.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jul 03, 2022 10:00 pm

Barca are looking to unload Memphis Depay. He's the same age as Haller but a more versatile player. Transfer fee is rumored at €25M. Memphis will want to go somewhere that he can be a starter in advance of the slave labor World Cup. What better place than Ajax? This would solve the striker problem.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » ma jul 04, 2022 12:51 am

a bit worried about the current transfer situation. only wijndal so far and I’ve always been less than impressed. we are going to overpay for brobbey and don’t think we’ll get bergwijn. so it’ll be august and we’ll be desperate for signings and will overpay again of course. unless kjh and co. have some deals lined up that will be absolute surprises, I don’t see us winning the title next year. it always was going to be a transition year but so far poorly planned in the transfer window. psv have brought in some good players as replacements already while we will still see nico, martinez and potentially also antony/timber leave

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jul 04, 2022 12:48 pm

Press reports state that Spurs and Ajax have agreed on €30M for Bergwijn. Spurs wanted to get back the money they paid PSV for him. Other English clubs wanted him but the attacker wants to come to Ajax which is a plus.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di jul 05, 2022 12:35 pm

No thanks from me on Depay. IMHO he doesn’t pass enough and stuffs up too many chances when he *should* have passed the ball off. Not surprised Barca want to get rid of him.

Also wonder about the price for Bergwijn. It seems like a lot unless Ajax have allowed for selling Antony.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jul 05, 2022 12:47 pm

Tom_ schreef:
di jul 05, 2022 12:35 pm
Also wonder about the price for Bergwijn. It seems like a lot unless Ajax have allowed for selling Antony.
I think he signed a five year contract. The transfer fee gets amortized over that period of time in terms of accounting. Ajax will only charge €6M/year for that purpose. The full amount of the Haller transfer goes down as a income.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di jul 05, 2022 12:57 pm

That makes more sense, thanks. I had also thought he plays on the right but AS says he can play on the left too, so you could have him and Antony in the starting 11.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di jul 05, 2022 6:52 pm

Bergwijn fee finally agreed for 32.5. That's some crazy amount of money for a club like us. Wow.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jul 05, 2022 7:38 pm

Evidently it was 30m but we wanted its spread over 4 instalments but as spurs wanted it over 2 we are paying an extra 2.5m .

My pal is a Spurs fan and rates Bergwijn saying he should have had a lot more playing time.He could easily have stayed in the PL
Everton ,Villa,Palace Brighton could all have bought him but he is never going to play in Europe with sides like that he chose to come back to Ajax.

Brobbey deal seems a problem as they want 25m . Even 15m is a lot and I would now say stick it and go and find someone else.Brobbey has still not lasted 90mins in a game.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di jul 05, 2022 8:38 pm

Yeah 25M is a lot for Brobbey and that too (in theory) to play as a backup striker at least for a year or two.

My assumption is that we'll have -
Bergwijn/Daramy at LW,
Tadic back at CF and
Antony/Ihatarren at RW

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di jul 05, 2022 8:38 pm

SPL schreef:
di jul 05, 2022 7:38 pm
Evidently it was 30m but we wanted its spread over 4 instalments but as spurs wanted it over 2 we are paying an extra 2.5m .

My pal is a Spurs fan and rates Bergwijn saying he should have had a lot more playing time.He could easily have stayed in the PL
Everton ,Villa,Palace Brighton could all have bought him but he is never going to play in Europe with sides like that he chose to come back to Ajax.
That does make sense. Thanks for the explanation of the 2.5million

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo jul 06, 2022 11:22 am

Its too bad Ake is linked with Chelsea, if only they go for Kounde instead, they wanted him for a long time. Ake would be a perfect replacement for Martinez, although not sure the Feyenoord in him will allow it!
But if that does happen, then Ake and Bergwijn would be a repeat of 2018 transfers of Tadic and Blind

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 08, 2022 11:17 am

Bergwijn now ours signed for 31.25m and to 2027. He grew up with Appie Nouri and has stayed close to the family.Nouri's older brother was at the signing.

He is going to be a good signing and I still think Antony will stay so with Tadic,Ihatteren and either Brobbey or better still someone who has lasted a whole 90 mins we have a good attack.If Antony goes just sign Suarez for a year.

Just need to buy a quality LCD.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr jul 08, 2022 11:47 am

I want Christiano Ronaldo for a year!!! He will score 100 goals in the league and terrorize opponents in the CL. We don't need to pay him a lot as he has more money than he can ever spend. :biggrin.gif:

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » vr jul 08, 2022 1:37 pm

I think MF and RB might be an issue too. Rensch and Taylor didn’t impress me much last season. Hopefully they’ll both step up.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jul 09, 2022 10:43 am

We seem very slow in signing players. Wijndal seemed a done deal last week but he is still with AZ in Greece. Why so long with Brobbey,talk of man u wanting him. We should have said 15m max and then if they want more ,and 25m is mentioned we should now be looking at another player.

Antony may not go until well into August and we have Ihatteren as cover but Arsenal offered for Martinez 4 weeks ago so I do hope we have a replacement lined up.

PSV have nearly completed their shopping but have CL qualifiers in the next 2 weeks. de Jong and Til are not Ajax standard and the 3 young kids signed have done nothing and are meerly unproven talents.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma jul 11, 2022 11:08 pm

Ajax are linked with a Ukrainian LCB Mykola Matvienko he is 26, but i have never seen him play. It depends on Lisandro Martinez's pending transfer

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo jul 13, 2022 3:57 pm

Wijndal confirmed yesterday. Seems like good business by us.

I would truly hate for Licha to leave. We will suffer the most with that move.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » wo jul 13, 2022 4:56 pm

Yeah, I have absolutely ZERO faith in the proposed Ukrainian defender that is our option in case Martinez leaves. We usually don't have a very good replacement when such a player leaves
May the Force be with you

Plaats reactie