Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: Players Leaving Ajax

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jan 02, 2023 8:23 pm

I'm sorry but I think you guys are wrong to think that Ajax are going to spend a lot of money this January. They still have not sufficiently recovered from all the lost match day revenue from the pandemic season +. I would be surprised if more than 1-2 players come in this January. Blind was getting to be such a liability as he could no longer defend. Yes, it is sad that it had to end this way but they were not going to extend his contract this summer.

The Dutch league is suffering along with almost every other league outside the EPL and the few other teams in Europe that have either debt financing, oil money, or a great merchandising operation. Salaries are out of control and teams cannot afford to pay the players salary. PSV just gave up on their chances as they had to sell Gapko. Feyenoord lost some key players and now have a couple of starters out on long term injuries.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jan 02, 2023 9:43 pm

Hope you are right that Ajax wont spend much this month .I said I fear we will spend 60 or 70m and I pray we dont .

All we need is another quality CD as there is no back up for Timber or Bassey and Timber will be sold in the summer.

Sevilla want Ocampos back but want us to pay his salary for the rest of the season and they want to keep the full 4m paid for his loan.He is back in Spain training on his own and could easily not leave us as he cannot play for a 3rd club in Europe this season.
A shambles.

Meanwhile clearing out unwanted Young Ajax continues as Brazilian MF Giovanni has left for Fluminenses.He had a contract to 2024 but the transfer is permanent.

Kjaer the Danish winger and Delgardo Ecuador DM are both contracted to June but should be let go ,like Giovanni neither getting playing time at Young.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jan 05, 2023 1:32 pm

Daley Blind has signed for Bayern Munich until the end of the season as cover for an injured player.He will likely sit on the bench a bit so a strange move.

Good news Magallan is joining Elche in Spain and Ajax will finally be free of this poor signing.

Gorter , now 4th choice goalie can go on loan.

Nothing about Alvarez and Kudus .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jan 17, 2023 2:16 pm

Ocampos has returned to Sevilla and it has cost us 8m for 4 months and 114 mins of action . The loan was 4m and 5m in wages but Sevilla have knocked off 1m so it has cost us 8m . Crazy and those responsible need to go ie Schreuder ,V d Sar and Hamstra.

Grillitsch is wanted by Valencia ,and given he is not getting any playing time and seems to be earning between 2m and 3m hopefully he will leave.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » wo jan 18, 2023 5:46 pm

it’s unbelievable, I read it first this morning. money flushed straight down the toilet. someone calculated that every ball touch that ocampos had cost us 75k. this was a horrendous business and someone needs to take responsibility for this and the fact that we even agreed to get a player that would cost us 9 million per season. We also have daramy still who cost us 12 million plus wages and he’ll never play a minute for the team either

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jan 18, 2023 7:26 pm

Isn't the Ocampos fiasco directly on Hamstra/Huntelaar? Worst piece of business in Ajax history!!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jan 18, 2023 9:07 pm

The 2 x H's did the deal but surely Schreuder gave them the green light.AS then gave the lad next to no playing time but he is a proven player . I blame all 3 of them and Van der Sar also gave the green light.

Having paid 9m for a full season loan it seems unbelievable that he returns less than halfway through his loan and we get 1m back.Yes the worst transfer in our history and the 4 people to blame are still at the club .

Daramy was signed by Overmars so we cannot blame the current 4 muppets.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jan 22, 2023 8:33 pm

All has been quite on Alvarez and Kudus leaving and I think they will stay unless we get a good offer before Volendam on Thursday.By that day we must say no sale to these 2, as there will little time to sign replacements.

Very quiet on Gorter going on loan and nothing about Victor Jensen,sub today, but zero future.Sontje Hansen is not signing a new contract and should leave this month but nothing.

Everything will probably happen on 30th and 31 st as usual but hope we dont sign anyone as the summer signings are poor to moderate so far.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jan 31, 2023 1:40 pm

Seems like the only transfer business today is Jensen going to Utrecht on loan.

Lyon offered 2m for Grillitsch but he wants to stay for the season. I read he is a good player but he was not fit when signed ,barely played as he was seen as back up to Alvarez.Would rather see Fitz-Jim get playing time

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jan 31, 2023 9:27 pm

Victor Jensen has left for Utrecht on a permanent deal , small fee not quoted. Another Dane who cost a million or 2 and not good enough .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 20, 2023 1:14 pm

Reading Showtime and the Dutch guys on our site clearly many think like me in that many of last summers signings should go.

Wijndal ,Sanchez and Bassey are not good enough and all need to go. OK as back ups but nothing more. Bergwijn gets the most comments as he has struggled for most of the season and no way is he worth 30m .I guess we will keep him another season but was Daramy that much worse!!

Brobbey cannot compete for 90 mins ,has scored goals against lesser teams and again I see him staying another season.

Conceicao is quick but zero end product,Grillitsch who has a good record , gets no playing time and we read Ajax are looking elsewhere to replace Alvarez. Finally Lucca,no words to understand what a limited footballer is doing at our club.

I have been critical of our signings as the season goes on and even Rulli is not special,better than Pasveer but we could have got Cillessen for nothing and Feyenoord goalie yesterday cost nothing but looked good.

With many of the new players clearly not good enough and Alvarez,Timber and Kudus leaving we are in deep trouble if we dont get 2nd place and then qualify for CL group stages next season.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mei 08, 2023 12:51 pm

2 players leaving Young Ajax for free.
Sontje Hansen is joining NEC on a 4 year deal for free. Last summer he wanted to go out on loan and would have signed another year but Schreuder wanted him to stay and give him a chance. Well he got no chance and faced with Young Ajax he turned down a contract and now leaves for nothing. He has had a lot of injury but has talent and good to see he has decided to stay in Holland to develop.

Delgardo the DM on loan from Ecuador is not being signed and is returning .No surprise as he has not played regularly and we have many MF coming through .

Looks like Charlie Setford and Van Axel Dongen will leave on frees although nothing confirmed.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma mei 08, 2023 1:29 pm

So Hansen only moves to NEC??? Van Azel Dongen did have some first team action but seems injury prone. With Daramy returning from loan maybe his chances are lower and there are some other good left wing talents in the youth ranks.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mei 08, 2023 1:58 pm

Godts can play on the left wing and U18 Kolokah plays on the left and is a talent.Kayden Wolff from U17 is a goal scoring left winger also.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mei 18, 2023 9:44 pm

Maarten Stekelenburg has announced he is retiring aged 40. Good first time round with us but then his career drifted as he spent a lot of seasons as a sub.Could be a goalie coach .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di mei 23, 2023 12:48 am

Saw a report that Kudus is not extending his contract so he will leave this summer. I have no idea what amount of money he can be sold for. Maybe some EPL team with silly money will pay for him. Alvarez is being linked to Dortmund and apparently Haller has contacted him about playing there. Timber is still silent about his plans though some of the Dutch pundits are saying he should stay another season. It would be good to see a Hato/Timber pair next season.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di mei 23, 2023 7:51 am

Would be great if Timber stays. Both Timbers seem pretty sensible so I'm hopeful he won't leave to sit on the bench at a PL club.

I don't think we can be surprised if Kudus wants to leave. He's a good player but has mainly been played out of position. He also sat on the bench for half the season while Taylor and Klaassen started ahead of him! I would be fed up too.

As for Alvarez, I don't think we'll miss him as much as we might think. He fouls constantly and he's been singled out by refs for yellow cards. Every eredivisie team knows this and it makes him a liability. Also, he's not great with the ball and Ajax have rarely done well with a purely destructive / enforcer type player in the midfield, as far as I can remember. The only other example I can think of recently is Poulsen.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mei 23, 2023 12:46 pm

Kudus always seems to play for himself and he clearly is just looking for a move. He should have been used as a No10 and has great skill but whether he succeeds in EPL we shall see. Alvarez is a good defender but not really a MF,he has improved with us.Both players will raise between 40m and 50 m.

Still not certain that Timber will leave ,even Van Basten says he needs another year here.Hope he stays.

Certain to leave although not confirmed by the club,Lucca,Grillitsch,Sanchez and if we get a good offer Bassey.

From Young Ajax Regeer seems on his way to Twente.He could easily have played in place of Sanchez but got no chances

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 24, 2023 7:17 pm

Youri Regeer is joining Twente for 1m. He could easily have been cover for Rensch at RB but not sure he would be good enough as a starter. We have a buy back clause where we can buy him back cheaply.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jun 04, 2023 11:51 am

Football rumours are all made up or from agents wanting more money .My prize for the daftest rumour ever Jurrien Timber is spotted at Wembley yesterday and could be on his way to EPL. He and brother Quinten are having a weekend in London and watching old mates Antony and Martinez but papers have to make up this rubbish.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jun 07, 2023 8:45 pm

Dortmund have sold Bellingham for 100m and now are about to sign Alvarez,fee 35m mentioned. May get some add ons but even in today's market we cannot really expect 50m for just a decent Dutch league player .Timber might reach 50 m but he has far more of a future.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jun 09, 2023 9:01 pm

Regeer now gone to Twente for 1m plus a buy back clause.

Grillitsch is leaving on a free , no surprise as the 4 games he started in March April he was slow and did nothing .Looks like he is returning to Germany , it did not help he had been injured when he signed.

West Ham are interested in Alvarez ,which may put up his price.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jun 20, 2023 1:51 pm

Arsenal offer 35m for Timber but Bayern are interested. Ajax want 55m but given he has had a poorish season I see us getting 40m plus say 10m add ons.

Alvarez to Dortmund but they offer 35m we want 45m.

Saudi Arabian club want Bergwijn, if they offer 50m we should take it,he underperformed last season.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jun 20, 2023 5:08 pm

SPL schreef:
di jun 20, 2023 1:51 pm
Arsenal offer 35m for Timber but Bayern are interested. Ajax want 55m but given he has had a poorish season I see us getting 40m plus say 10m add ons.
This is so bizarre. Timber is undersized and weak in terms of a CB. Martinez was shorter but twice as strong (metaphorically). I don't see Timber as a CB outside of the Eredivisie or maybe a mid-table team in another league.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jun 21, 2023 1:56 pm

Agree he should be a no 6 or even RB .

Plaats reactie